Wimbledon Final 2012: Federer def. Murray 4-6 7-5 6-3 6-4 - Page 74 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #1096
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon Final 2012: Federer def. Murray 4-6 7-5 6-3 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Good stuff.
Like I said before, Go Take the USO this year, Andy M.!

As a genuine old-fashioned tennis fan, I don't give a f*cking damn about the Olympics, so please to any of my favs, don't spend too much of your energy on that sorry kind of a nationalist showdown.
To ALL players: show yourselves to be a genuine Citizen of the WORLD, in stead of any of that 'playing-for-my-country'-bullshit-slavish-garbage...
I don't really care about tennis at the Olympics too. Unfortunately it seems like Roger's got his heart set on trying to win the gold medal.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #1097
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To ALL players: show yourselves to be a genuine Citizen of the WORLD, in stead of any of that 'playing-for-my-country'-bullshit-slavish-garbage...
It's a tournament that Roger hasn't won, one of the few big ones (along with Rome and Monte Carlo). Feel the same way about those, would love it if Roger finally picked up one of either.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #1098
country flag Trollin Stone

Trollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if it has been mentioned, but this is the first time RF has won Wimbledon after losing in a prep tournament (Queens, Halle etc). He has won 4 times after winning Halle, 2 times after not playing any grass matches in those years and this year after losing in the Halle final.
Trollin Stone is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #1099
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

Very good final IMO, the level of play was very hight, Murray was cruising in the first two sets while Federer
became nearly unstoppable in indoor, the key of the match was the Fed'sability (with a little luck, let's be hontest)
to take the 2nd when Murray was serving at 75% and was very aggressive on both wings.

To bad Andy don't always play like this, because it was superb. In indoor, Federer was much better with his forehand
(his backhand was good in the entire match) ans the first serve percentage of Andy dropped.

Murray played much better than Djokovic in semi IMO, Federer played better also (he was average in the semi), Murray showed he can win at least one slam, IMO with this game he would have definitively beat Djokovic on grass and would be 50-50 with Nadal. (he played much worse in 2010 and 2011) His return of serve was brilliant to and he should really lead 2 sets 0, this backhand overhit will probably haunt him like this easy backhand sitter which Nadal failed to convert versus Djokovic in this AO final 4-2 30-14 in the fifth.

In the USO, it will be 25-25-25-25 for the top 4
bounccer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #1100
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Good stuff.
Like I said before, Go Take the USO this year, Andy M.!

As a genuine old-fashioned tennis fan, I don't give a f*cking damn about the Olympics, so please to any of my favs, don't spend too much of your energy on that sorry kind of a nationalist showdown.

I honestly dont know if you are serious here.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #1101
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollin Stone View Post
Dont know if it has been mentioned, but this is the first time RF has won Wimbledon after losing in a prep tournament (Queens, Halle etc). He has won 4 times after winning Halle, 2 times after not playing any grass matches in those years and this year after losing in the Halle final.
In other words Haas is the only man to beat Federer in the lead up tournament in Wimbledon winning form. What a guy

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo

Last edited by leng jai : 07-11-2012 at 09:17 AM.
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #1102
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can all agree that Haas is the grass GOAT.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #1103
country flag Trollin Stone

Trollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
In other words Haas is the only man to beat Federer in the lead up tournament in Wimbledon winning form. What a guy
Sure. Too bad he didnt achieve something big on grass earlier. 2002 Wimbledon was his chance IMO (that motorbike crash )
Trollin Stone is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #1104
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
I hope we hear more of her
And see. A LOT more.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1105
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the BBC's wimbledon montages for anyone who might be interested:

Best shots:

Funniest moments:

Closing montage:

shadows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #1106
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #1107
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Some of the BBC's wimbledon montages for anyone who might be interested:

Best shots:

Funniest moments:

Closing montage:

Thank you.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1108
country flag Lleyton_

Lleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond repute

Fluke.
Lleyton_ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #1109
country flag Dr.Slice

Dr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

Quote:
I think a totally dedicated and fit Serena can be in the top 200 of men's tour.

Hian talking about where Serena Williams would be in ATP
Quote:
Serena could be easily in Top 100.
Dr.Slice is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #1110
country flag Fed Muzza Killer

Fed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleyton_ View Post
Fluke.
Yeah , winning 8 Titiles in 8 Months,including 1 GS , WTF , 3 1000MS is Fluke .

GOATerer
Fed Muzza Killer is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread