The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #61
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by World's #1 GOAT!

So, I just booked my Rogers Cup tickets. It will be the first ever live tennis event I will be to. I live in Newfoundland, the very east of Canada, so it's like 3000 km from Toronto so I haven't had much chance to watch tennis live before.

I'm going for the first 4 days Monday-Thursday, and the Qualifying because it's free

Hoping to see Milos, Vasek, Peter, Frank, and Filip, and of course all the top players that I can get. I can't wait

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #62
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
So, I just booked my Rogers Cup tickets. It will be the first ever live tennis event I will be to. I live in Newfoundland, the very east of Canada, so it's like 3000 km from Toronto so I haven't had much chance to watch tennis live before.

I'm going for the first 4 days Monday-Thursday, and the Qualifying because it's free

Hoping to see Milos, Vasek, Peter, Frank, and Filip, and of course all the top players that I can get. I can't wait
You will have a blast. The first time you watch live tennis at the highest level it is kind of mind-blowing. Watching it on TV gives you no idea of how good these guys are. I recommend spending a lot of time at the outside courts where you are very close to the action.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #63
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful. And free qualifying rounds. Hope you get to see all those players, especially Milos.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #64
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Cincy every year. Can't wait.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #65
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
You will have a blast. The first time you watch live tennis at the highest level it is kind of mind-blowing. Watching it on TV gives you no idea of how good these guys are. I recommend spending a lot of time at the outside courts where you are very close to the action.
yeah, I'm definately more of a first few rounds, outside courts lower ranked player kind of fan, so I'm sure I'll spend a bit of time on the outside courts, especially when play wraps up on Center, I'll be sticking around on the grounds until the kick me out

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #66
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
yeah, I'm definately more of a first few rounds, outside courts lower ranked player kind of fan, so I'm sure I'll spend a bit of time on the outside courts, especially when play wraps up on Center, I'll be sticking around on the grounds until the kick me out
Glad to hear that. IMO watching a top level tennis match from ten feet away is the best live sporting experience you can have. Just amazing.
And I am kind of the same way, watching guys practice can also be very fun.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #67
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
I go to Cincy every year. Can't wait.
Oh tell me what a Tournament is like in Cincy! I have gone to football and baseball games there, but it is hard where I live to find anyone that actually wants to go to a Tennis Tournament and I don't like to drive any distance by myself.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #68
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I think I won.
Sham is probably baking me a cake.
Sorry Kat I don't see a cake or Sham either Sham is the best Lurker of all you never know when he is going to appear.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #69
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

*Appears*

Serve and smoke, give us a play by play of Rogers and Cincy if you can. Especially like to hear about the qualies. Tough catching any of those qualy matches, or even finding anyone who managed to watch them.

Should end the laziness and wrap up Wimby streak.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #70
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Final Day Results

Kat_YYZ (10 win streak)
Murray - success
Federer - success
Federer - success

tripwires (7 win streak)
Murray - success
FedGOAT - success
Roger Federer - success

H = L (0 win streak)
Murray - success
Nolemort - failure

Sham Kay (0 win streak
Fed's coat - success
Tsonga - failure

G = F (1 win streak)
Roger Federer x3 - success x1
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - failure
Roger Federer - success

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #71
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

The next post may destroy this page.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #72
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Huh. Guess not.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Old 07-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #73
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

wow, a new thread Congrats, Kat, on your win
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #74
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Congrats Kat I wanted to do a picture of a cake and I know you use [IMG] and [/IMG] but I never get them in the right places so my pictures never turn out http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Cakes...10,s:144,i:283
So I'm sorry I had to do just a link But it is Wimbledon green
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #75
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

WTF ?! Trip @ number 2 in the streak The end of the world is nigh