The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #661
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by our "elusive" Leader Sham Kay

Sorry I don't know anything about the LGBT youth But purple is my favorite color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #662
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by our "elusive" Leader Sham Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post

How're you finding the Uni Twii the Londoner? Better prepare yourself for the chills of December, it's actually not that cold yet. Plus transportation virtually dies with a few drops of snow.
It's good. I'm having fun. Much better than working for sure.

When you say 'transportation', what did you mean exactly? I guess I need to start figuring out how to walk to school from where I live...

How have you been, Sham?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #663
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
It's good. I'm having fun. Much better than working for sure.

When you say 'transportation', what did you mean exactly? I guess I need to start figuring out how to walk to school from where I live...

How have you been, Sham?
Buses, trains, trams (don't think there are any trams around your uni), cars, bikes (don't bike if you want to stay in one piece) things like that. I'm exaggerating a bit, but this country does struggle when the weather goes all Canada on us.

Pretty good, I've been doing some tutoring for 12 year olds in my spare time. Attention spans of drunk fishes these kids. Also, will be graduating in a couple of days. For some reason they do the ceremony 5 months after the exams.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #664
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Buses, trains, trams (don't think there are any trams around your uni), cars, bikes (don't bike if you want to stay in one piece) things like that. I'm exaggerating a bit, but this country does struggle when the weather goes all Canada on us.

Pretty good, I've been doing some tutoring for 12 year olds in my spare time. Attention spans of drunk fishes these kids. Also, will be graduating in a couple of days. For some reason they do the ceremony 5 months after the exams.
Why would the train (underground) break down when it snows? Isn't it...underground?

...then again, half of it seems to stop functioning on the weekend so that's not really surprising.

You are graduating. Congratulations! Time really flies. What are you gonna do after that? Masters? I met this Singaporean guy who's doing a Masters at the LSE and he just finished his undergrad in Imperial, and he said that he didn't really feel like he was done with undergrad cos he hadn't had his ceremony yet.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #665
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Meant the overground and docklands light railway. Forgot about the underground, my mind must have blanked it out after the horrible 5 years of using it for school.

Thanks, nah, I'm sick to the teeth with education, reading, note taking, reading, revising, reading, reading, reading. I've been waiting for years to get out of it all and go jump out of a plane or some other thrill seeking thing. Anything that doesn't require brain usage. There were plenty of Singaporean and Chinese guys at Imperial. Usually packed full of them in business management classes. But yeah without the ceremony I feel like a bum who wasted 3 years.

Did you attend your freshers fair?

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #666
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa talking about a delayed reaction--the ceremony five months after the exams I would have forgotten I had completed my education in that length of time! But Congrats to you Sham for getting the schooling over with You are so smart now, if you got any more education you might be unbearable
Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #667
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on graduating, Shamster!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #668
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Meant the overground and docklands light railway. Forgot about the underground, my mind must have blanked it out after the horrible 5 years of using it for school.
Yeah, I hate it too. The Underground is one of the two places where I actually perspire in London, so I try to take the bus to school whenever I can.
Quote:
Thanks, nah, I'm sick to the teeth with education, reading, note taking, reading, revising, reading, reading, reading. I've been waiting for years to get out of it all and go jump out of a plane or some other thrill seeking thing. Anything that doesn't require brain usage. There were plenty of Singaporean and Chinese guys at Imperial. Usually packed full of them in business management classes. But yeah without the ceremony I feel like a bum who wasted 3 years.
Are you gonna go job-hunting or has that already been done? Jumping out of a plane is a very constructive activity. Make sure you check in here after you're done so that we know you're safe. Yeah, lots of Singaporeans attend London universities. As for the Chinese, they are just everywhere. Every. Where.

Quote:
Did you attend your freshers fair?
Yup. Joined a bunch of clubs but I expect I'd take part in maybe two: tennis and Literature.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #669
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the imminent graduation Shamster ! And trip, you should give us a idea of how majestic or pathetic London truly is by posting a pic ( maybe the view from your apartment ? )
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #670
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Congrats on the imminent graduation Shamster ! And trip, you should give us a idea of how majestic or pathetic London truly is by posting a pic ( maybe the view from your apartment ? )
All right, you asked for it. I just took this - don't freak out...

How beautiful.

I should've known that there was a price to pay for all those glorious days of sun.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #671
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
All right, you asked for it. I just took this - don't freak out...

How beautiful.

I should've known that there was a price to pay for all those glorious days of sun.
It is beautiful I love foggy weather- not 300 days a year, but a couple of weeks maybe I am guessing that the LSE campus is probably in the suburbs of London, so you are not able to see any London landmarks even on a clear day. Thanks for the pic
Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #672
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

When I think of London I do think of rain or fog so the picture was perfect for me
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #673
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
It is beautiful I love foggy weather- not 300 days a year, but a couple of weeks maybe I am guessing that the LSE campus is probably in the suburbs of London, so you are not able to see any London landmarks even on a clear day. Thanks for the pic
I've had two or three days of foggy weather already and that's more than enough. LSE is in central London. That pic was taken from my bedroom window but I don't stay in LSE accommodation, though it is in central London (zone 1 at least). It's a pretty shabby area though which is why it doesn't look very glamorous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
When I think of London I do think of rain or fog so the picture was perfect for me
It's quite depressing to put up with this kind of weather all the time.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #674
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

you're quite depressing!
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #675
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
you're quite depressing!
Why?