The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #586
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by Olympic Gold Medal & USO Winner Andy Murra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

What I need is a laptop, but I can't afford that right now.
Get Yeself a 7 inch tablet. Can use it lying on your back, holding it with one hand. Affordable, plus it makes you look and feel like you're doing something important. Can't stay away from Starbucks (free WiFi) because of it, and coffee makes me hurl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regenbogen View Post
I only came into this thread because Murray I am a lurker in general though so I guess that is appropriate.
So tell me. Where have you been all my life mate?
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #587
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by Olympic Gold Medal & USO Winner Andy Murra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Get Yeself a 7 inch tablet. Can use it lying on your back, holding it with one hand. Affordable, plus it makes you look and feel like you're doing something important. Can't stay away from Starbucks (free WiFi) because of it, and coffee makes me hurl.
7 inches is not big enough

Tablets have no keyboard or mouse. I couldn't imagine typing some of my more long-winded posts on those things, or playing some of the games I like without a mouse. And speaking of WiFi I don't even have it at home; my Internet still comes through a cable from the modem to the PC (well, why not? I only have one computer and it's not mobile.) Do those tablets even let you plug in a cable?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #588
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Tablets have no keyboard or mouse. I couldn't imagine typing some of my more long-winded posts on those things, or playing some of the games I like without a mouse. And speaking of WiFi I don't even have it at home; my Internet still comes through a cable from the modem to the PC (well, why not? I only have one computer and it's not mobile.) Do those tablets even let you plug in a cable?
I don't think so! But somehow my home system is set up for both cable and WiFi? Don't ask me how the cable company did it, but I haven't a clue how?
Guest12315544 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #589
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regenbogen View Post
I only came into this thread because Murray I am a lurker in general though so I guess that is appropriate.
We do have some Murray fans in here--me included. But all Lurkers are always welcomed And Kat I would love a lap top also!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #590
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I'm not even in a chair though... I'm on the couch kind of leaning over the arm rest.

But... that's exactly how I was using it before!! Just that before the cart with the computer on it was on the left side of the couch, and now it's on the right side. And I'm right-handed, so you'd think this would be easier. I feel like I'm twisting less to get the dominant hand to the mouse, I don't have to keep turning my head to see the TV. yet I have all these new pains.

I know I need a better solution altogether. It's just that there really isn't one. I can't fit a desk and chair in the living room. The computer used to be in the bedroom, where I had a proper desk/chair combo, but I don't have a TV in there, so can't be on the computer while watching TV.

What I need is a laptop, but I can't afford that right now.
I can't believe that no faster than this thread is moving that I missed this! No wonder you are in pain using a computer on a couch. And it is probably the efforts of the long turn usage in that same position that is now causing you problems! I can't even find a comfortable office type chair myself, but on a couch And I suppose since you can't afford a laptop you also couldn't afford to put a TV in your bedroom? That is my problem with the laptop myself--money
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #591
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
I can't believe that no faster than this thread is moving that I missed this! No wonder you are in pain using a computer on a couch. And it is probably the efforts of the long turn usage in that same position that is now causing you problems! I can't even find a comfortable office type chair myself, but on a couch And I suppose since you can't afford a laptop you also couldn't afford to put a TV in your bedroom? That is my problem with the laptop myself--money
oh that's not it, I've been offered several free TVs for the bedroom when friends/family upgraded and didn't need their old ones, but I declined. If I had a TV in the bedroom, there's a good chance I would a) never sleep, or b) become completely incapable of falling asleep without the TV on in the background. I know people like that -- they can't fall asleep in silence or without the TV on even if the sound is almost all the way down. I already have enough sleep problems, don't need more (though I do often fall asleep on the couch while watching TV ).
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #592
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I know several people that are the very same way. Unless I'm totally exhausted I could never go to sleep with a TV on at all! If I'm watching TV and find myself about to fall off to sleep, I know I'm totally exhausted and I go to bed.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #593
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Old 09-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #594
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 09-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #595
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

In spite of my attempt to "jazz" this thread up some I think it may be on life support now
Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #596
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In spite of my attempt to "jazz" this thread up some I think it may be on life support now

No it won't be
White knight Mark Lenders crew
Lifts at 1:00 am so I don't have to interact with anyone crew
Get nervous as fuk when I have to say hi to the gym receptionist crew
Too many clowns, not enough time to own them crew
Anti PopCon crew
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #597
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by Green Rosol. RIP Green Clay

This thread needs a new sponsor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
New thread

Streak Final Day- GOAT = GOAT=Fed's picks:

Roger Federer (SUI)- 6-0,6-0,6-0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #598
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #599
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #600
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That jazz almost made me trip out. We'll call it lurk support when we go quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Hm, I didn't even pick up on this. Going to have to book an appointment with a psychologist for my clean mind..
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread