The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #466
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by Olympic Gold Medal Winner Andy Murray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Damn you Miss tripwires.
Oh Gee how confusing there is another poster that uses that very same Avatar that so many of the rest of you are using except that other poster isn't a Lurker!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #467
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by Olympic Gold Medal Winner Andy Murray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Yes I'm definitely looking forward to going to London. I can't wait. The only downer is that I'm going to be really poor.

Rudisha is just a naturally elegant runner. I was watching the 800m SFs for fun and I didn't know who anyone was, but I noticed him because of the way he ran - effortless and graceful, just like the way Roger plays tennis. I did some googling and discovered that he dominates his event, which is just so awe-inspiring.

That link doesn't work for me. Are Olympic videos still not up on YouTube? I hate these stupid copyright restrictions crap, especially when the official channel can't get it right. They put up 3 hours' worth of footage per video which is ridiculous - takes forever to load and I don't wanna have to scroll past other things to watch a 2-minute event.
Well, I am sure you have enough dough stashed away under your bed- that will come in handy now But, on a serious note, it's a very good decision-you'll have a lot of fun and learn a lot

Yeah, the copyright restrictions on the Olympics events make me too. What was the official channel showing all the events in Singapore ? (in the US, it's NBC which controls all the rights- and nothing seems to be available on youtube).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
I always come out of the shadows if someone wants to talk psychoanalysis or psychological philosophy. Not sure Astrology fits into it, but if you got some thoughts you want to put into words and share, I'd put on my serious hat and share my own thoughts. I actually do have a serious hat, that's not just an expression. Not wearing it at the moment.

Was wondering where you were hiding out Nodz. Lochte was getting hyped up alot around here, that was a pretty surprising result. My favourite moment is probably obvious.. other than that, I'd probably go for Chris Hoy's cycling dominance - doubt anyone outside of Britain gives a toss, but still.
Hola Shamster. Have been a bit busy in RL with my parents visiting me. Did not get to watch too many of the cycling events since the the US does not fare too well in those. I did get to see some sprint and BMX events- pretty exciting stuff.

On the topic of philosophy, given that the current (R) candidates here seem to be heavily influenced by Randian philosophy- here is a snippet of an interview with her in 1959. Very fascinating- though I find the tenets of her philosophy quite appalling (there is some truth to some aspects of it though).

Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #468
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Places where you can get anything for a pound or less. Only thing better than those are 99 pence stores.
We have those things here too. They're called Value shops or whatever...or like, $2 shop. Obviously I don't go to those places.

Quote:
Can get those in poundstores, especially poundland (+1 for making myself sound extremely cheap), or for better quality look up a shop called Wilkinsons. They also sell lawnmowers.. never know when you get the itch to bankrupt yourself to mow the carpet in your new apartment
Your being 'extremely cheap' is very helpful to me. Yes, I will buy myself a lawnmower when I wake up with the urge to mow the carpet in my apartment, which is totally normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Well, I am sure you have enough dough stashed away under your bed- that will come in handy now But, on a serious note, it's a very good decision-you'll have a lot of fun and learn a lot

Yeah, the copyright restrictions on the Olympics events make me too. What was the official channel showing all the events in Singapore ? (in the US, it's NBC which controls all the rights- and nothing seems to be available on youtube).
A good, expensive decision. Have you been to London before?

The free-to-air channels were the local channels, but I watched the cable channels which was ESPN. I heard a lot of bad things about NBC's coverage. Like showing events on tape delay and things like that.

Quote:
On the topic of philosophy, given that the current (R) candidates here seem to be heavily influenced by Randian philosophy- here is a snippet of an interview with her in 1959. Very fascinating- though I find the tenets of her philosophy quite appalling (there is some truth to some aspects of it though).

I refuse to read her novels. I can't remember why. I think it was because my Literature teacher whom I greatly respected called her didactic and overly cerebral. What aspects of her philosophy did you find appalling? I'm too lazy to watch the video.

I'm watching TDKR for the 4th time tomorrow and 2nd time on IMAX.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #469
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are such a hater.

What are poundstores? I shopped at Primark once - pretty crappy quality of clothing but so cheap. Where do I go for budget household stuff, like pans and shit?

I agree.

I laughed out loud at this. Literally. In the middle of lunch.

How was your party?

Kat, you're using that avatar too.
just came back It went very well and since I had to help in organising it too ,I am super tired right now
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #470
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Go get some rest, Winnie. You need to be awake for Roger's SF with Wawa.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #471
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

ok I will try to catch some sleep trip .Hope to be around Feds match and the other semi
Old 08-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #472
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't want Winnie to get a point, would we?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #473
country flag tripwires

Winnie's signature.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #474
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else got some blisters?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #475
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Missed opportunities break my wee heart

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #476
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad everyone got away from that same Avatar And I love your sig Sham. It reminds me of someone we both know!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #477
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
ok I will try to catch some sleep trip .Hope to be around Feds match and the other semi
I slept at that time and woke up right now 12 hours of sleep
Old 08-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #478
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I slept at that time and woke up right now 12 hours of sleep
that's great
Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #479
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
Winnie's signature.
You meant that quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #480
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

what up winnie?