The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #211
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by World's #1 GOAT!

I don't care, I have to watch everything. I really really really liked it, but I thought it was the weakest of the three (not that it's saying much since the previous two were so amazing). Bane was a great villain though, but I must say I didn't like the reveal at the end, and his death was pretty anticlimactic.

I agree, Selina Kyle. Anne Hathaway really surprised me.

How would you rank Christopher Nolan's films in order of preference?
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #212
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I cant wait for the series to come as a 3 pack in stores .Gonna buy the set just so that Nolan earns more money
That's super cute. I bought a really cool Batman Begins American DVD but I couldn't play it anywhere - not my computer, not my brother's computer, not my DVD players. after that incident I took to torrenting my movies.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #213
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I don't care, I have to watch everything. I really really really liked it, but I thought it was the weakest of the three (not that it's saying much since the previous two were so amazing). Bane was a great villain though, but I must say I didn't like the reveal at the end, and his death was pretty anticlimactic.

I agree, Selina Kyle. Anne Hathaway really surprised me.

How would you rank Christopher Nolan's films in order of preference?
SPOILER ALERT *read at your own risk *
It was great because Batman finally got the respect that he deserved As a big fan of Batman from my childhood it was just awesome .I liked the twist too but I somewhat expected that .He really made it a bit obvious but it still surprised me .I really thought Wayne when sleeping with her had found out that she was part of the league of shadows .It surprised me that he did not expect that

This was good because it also focussed on how much Wayne was disappointed that his GF got killed .I really felt for him when that truth was revealed

It might have been better if Batman really died though but he did not want to write that because this is a kids movie and must have a happy ending .So his marrying Kyle was the best ending possible .She fitted him too .And nice gesture when he gave that pearl to her in the last scene .It showed that he really cared for her .Kyle did too when she came back for him instead of escaping
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #214
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

As for ranking Nolan movies in order .(8 good movies out of 8 is tough to rank) ,its tough

I prefer mmovies that go above my head since it shows that the movie is just too good to understand in the first time and is beyond my IQ .So the order is

Inception
Dark Knight Rises
Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Memento
Prestige
Following( would hhave been higher than this had he got money to make it properly ,he wasted a great plot )
Insomnia
Old 07-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #215
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
That's super cute. I bought a really cool Batman Begins American DVD but I couldn't play it anywhere - not my computer, not my brother's computer, not my DVD players. after that incident I took to torrenting my movies.
I torrent movies too .Just buy the good ones so that the director earns money and makes further good movies
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #216
country flag tripwires

Quote:
SPOILER ALERT *read at your own risk *
It was great because Batman finally got the respect that he deserved As a big fan of Batman from my childhood it was just awesome .I liked the twist too but I somewhat expected that .He really made it a bit obvious but it still surprised me .I really thought Wayne when sleeping with her had found out that she was part of the league of shadows .It surprised me that he did not expect that
Now that you mentioned it, I just remembered that he noticed the scar on her back or something and didn't pursue it. I totally forgot about that though, because there was so much happening in the movie. Was this story in the comics as well?

Quote:
It might have been better if Batman really died though but he did not want to write that because this is a kids movie and must have a happy ending .So his marrying Kyle was the best ending possible .She fitted him too .And nice gesture when he gave that pearl to her in the last scene .It showed that he really cared for her .Kyle did too when she came back for him instead of escaping
I don't think kids can appreciate this, frankly. I'm guessing the studios simply wouldn't permit such a beloved character to be killed. Yeah objectively it would've been better if he'd died, but just NOOOOOO. I was about to cry at the grave scene. I am so emotionally invested in Bruce Wayen that I just want him to be happy, dammit.

I thought Selina was lesbian. I didn't really buy that romance.

Quote:
As for ranking Nolan movies in order .(8 good movies out of 8 is tough to rank) ,its tough

I prefer mmovies that go above my head since it shows that the movie is just too good to understand in the first time and is beyond my IQ .So the order is

Inception
Dark Knight Rises
Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Memento
Prestige
Following( would hhave been higher than this had he got money to make it properly ,he wasted a great plot )
Insomnia
Insomnia the last? I thought it was really brilliant. Prestige is last for me; really didn't like it when I first watched it. Gotta rewatch though. I still need to get my hands on Following.

Can't wait to see what he does next.

Quote:
I torrent movies too .Just buy the good ones so that the director earns money and makes further good movies
But I buy the good ones and the DVD doesn't work.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #217
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
Now that you mentioned it, I just remembered that he noticed the scar on her back or something and didn't pursue it. I totally forgot about that though, because there was so much happening in the movie. Was this story in the comics as well?
In the comics Ra always had a daughter .I was surprised to find out Bane was his son here .The last scene was where everything fitted .He knew the scar (back from movie 1) yet he didnt do anything was the surprising thing .He himself was shocked on touching the scar

Quote:
I don't think kids can appreciate this, frankly. I'm guessing the studios simply wouldn't permit such a beloved character to be killed. Yeah objectively it would've been better if he'd died, but just NOOOOOO. I was about to cry at the grave scene. I am so emotionally invested in Bruce Wayen that I just want him to be happy, dammit.
the kids of course appreciated it .When they showed Wayne smiling to Alfred ,the whole theater (me and my friends included) clapped .The kids were so happy when they left the theater too

Quote:
I thought Selina was lesbian. I didn't really buy that romance.
that was her henchman .Its like the Robin character if you read the comics The romance was only got through in the part when she realized how selfless Wayne really was .She knew she was selfish but that partner of hers used his skills to help other people instead of himself like she did .It showed her that he truly was a great man and not the person she expected at the beginning of the movie

Quote:
Insomnia the last? I thought it was really brilliant. Prestige is last for me; really didn't like it when I first watched it. Gotta rewatch though. I still need to get my hands on Following.

Can't wait to see what he does next.
all of them were good .Tough to pick .I liked Prestige a lot

Quote:

But I buy the good ones and the DVD doesn't work.
pretty sure that is a one off
Old 07-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #218
country flag tripwires

Quote:
In the comics Ra always had a daughter .I was surprised to find out Bane was his son here .The last scene was where everything fitted .He knew the scar (back from movie 1) yet he didnt do anything was the surprising thing .He himself was shocked on touching the scar
I thought Bane was misdirected to be his son but the kid that escaped was Talia.

Wait. He knew the scar and did nothing? How could he. This revelation is quite annoying.

Quote:
the kids of course appreciated it .When they showed Wayne smiling to Alfred ,the whole theater (me and my friends included) clapped .The kids were so happy when they left the theater too
Really? I just think kids wouldn't really get it cos it's so dark, but I guess there's enough action to entertain and please them. Did you notice how this movie was literally brighter than TDK? So much action happened in daytime that it was a bit weird.

Quote:
that was her henchman .Its like the Robin character if you read the comics The romance was only got through in the part when she realized how selfless Wayne really was .She knew she was selfish but that partner of hers used his skills to help other people instead of himself like she did .It showed her that he truly was a great man and not the person she expected at the beginning of the movie
I read on Wiki that Batman and Catwoman did marry in one of the books. It wasn't really clear who was supposed to be his love interest, so I was rooting for Miranda Tate until...she wasn't Miranda Tate.

Quote:
all of them were good .Tough to pick .I liked Prestige a lot
Gotta re-watch that.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #219
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Hello people!
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #220
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #221
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it so silent in here?
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #222
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Why is it so silent in here?
Because you are not here often enough How is your summer vacation going GEF?

Quote:
Seriously? America's gun laws are just ludicrous. In Singapore the punishment for unlawful possession of firearms is death - not that I agree with it, but it just shows the stark disparity between America's attitude towards guns and that of - sorry to say this - more sensible countries. Isn't the 2nd Amendment borne out of the Civil War? Isn't that a VERY VERY VERY long time ago? Much as I admire America's deep respect for its Constitution, which is something I wish Singapore had, sometimes you just gotta admit that some things, no matter how sacrosanct, need to change with the times.
As you can see from the gun thread, any argument about gun control turns into an emotional argument with the crux being "Don't you dare take away my toys (guns) !"

The following is an apt description for one poster in that thread (and no, you are not the one kudos and props for putting forward some good arguments in the thread !)

Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #223
country flag tripwires

Finally, nodz posts a meme that I understand.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #224
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

I am thinking of having this as my avatar ,is it good
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #225
country flag tripwires

Yes But I'm biased. I'm fast turning into a Nolantard.