The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #181
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by World's #1 GOAT!

That's one of the problem at MTF especially in GM that posters aren't respectful of other posters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #182
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
That wasn't what I said.
just teasing you He should just ignore people who arent respectful like you do
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #183
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
just teasing you He should just ignore people who arent respectful like you do
You are right, but that seems to be the one thing CD can't do Actually he should probably just stay out of GM altogether, but he won't do that either
Old 07-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #184
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I only go to GM when there's nothing happening in the Chat threads, and when Rogi wins a big tournament.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #185
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he can't expect everyone to bend to his whims and fancies. Anyway, hope the storm goes away!! Weather's been freaky everywhere lately.
That bit in bold is what causes 99% of arguments in GM and pretty much anywhere else in life. The mind is naturally selfish, and some of us find it tougher than others to fight this innate selfishness and express our respect for others' different opinions, however 'wrong' we think they are.

Don't get why GM gets all these negative reviews. It's a great cure for boredom and it's the only place on the internet where you don't have to feel insecure about what you say. Sometimes I don't even bother thinking before I type.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #186
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Oh Sham I know you are being funny when you say "Sometimes I don't even bother thinking before I type" because you always think. But actually I really believe there are a lot of posters that go into GM and literally don't even think before they type! I have noticed posts from posters in GM that really shocked me because those posters don't post that way in other sections of the Forums. It is like GM has a sign out--Enter Here and Just Go Crazy!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #187
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

quiet here again.

what a day. My youngest cousin got married. My other cousin's wedding was on an island (Bermuda) and this was on an island, too -- Toronto's island. It was a lovely day, sunny and warm but not as warm as it was during the heat wave. Actually it got quite pleasant in the evening. I am pooped and my feet are killing me.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #188
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have pics?

A lot of my classmates are getting married too, which is really scary.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #189
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
quiet here again.

what a day. My youngest cousin got married. My other cousin's wedding was on an island (Bermuda) and this was on an island, too -- Toronto's island. It was a lovely day, sunny and warm but not as warm as it was during the heat wave. Actually it got quite pleasant in the evening. I am pooped and my feet are killing me.
It has been very quiet here lately Getting married on a island sounds beautiful
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #190
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Do you have pics?

A lot of my classmates are getting married too, which is really scary.
trip promise me you won't feel pressured into getting married because a lot of other people are getting married. I honestly know people this has happened to and it has not worked out well at all And what made it worse is at the time they didn't realize that they just wanted to get married because it seemed that everyone else was!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #191
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Any of you watched The Dark Knight Rises ? I watched it yesterday in spite of the tragedy on Friday (which made me think twice about watching the movie ). I thought it was good (not excellent) - the Bane character was truly terrifying, and the fight scenes were quite amazing. The only thing I recognized from Pittsburgh was the football field and Mellon Institute in which they shot some fight scenes.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #192
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't watched it yet, getting some rave reviews and overshadowing spidey by miles.

Think they use special effects or something when they film in areas you know of. I remember barely recognising the areas they filmed some scenes of the latest pirates of the caribbean (in Greenwich) despite knowing the area inside-out and actually being there during filming. They make the area look totally different in the actual film.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #193
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
trip promise me you won't feel pressured into getting married because a lot of other people are getting married. I honestly know people this has happened to and it has not worked out well at all And what made it worse is at the time they didn't realize that they just wanted to get married because it seemed that everyone else was!
I promise I won't get married for the sake of it. The very idea of marriage scares me senseless anyway, so that's unlikely to happen. I know people who got married for the sake of it too and they aren't very happy as well. I'd much rather be happy by myself than married and miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Any of you watched The Dark Knight Rises ? I watched it yesterday in spite of the tragedy on Friday (which made me think twice about watching the movie ). I thought it was good (not excellent) - the Bane character was truly terrifying, and the fight scenes were quite amazing. The only thing I recognized from Pittsburgh was the football field and Mellon Institute in which they shot some fight scenes.
I just watched it. I thought it was the weakest of the three but I still really enjoyed it and rated it 10/10 on imdb.com. Why did the tragedy make you think twice about watching it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Haven't watched it yet, getting some rave reviews and overshadowing spidey by miles.

Think they use special effects or something when they film in areas you know of. I remember barely recognising the areas they filmed some scenes of the latest pirates of the caribbean (in Greenwich) despite knowing the area inside-out and actually being there during filming. They make the area look totally different in the actual film.
TDKR > Spidey by like, ten million miles, and I really liked Spidey. It's just not on the same level as TDKR or any of Christopher Nolan's Batman films.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #194
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just watched it. I thought it was the weakest of the three but I still really enjoyed it and rated it 10/10 on imdb.com. Why did the tragedy make you think twice about watching it?

TDKR > Spidey by like, ten million miles, and I really liked Spidey. It's just not on the same level as TDKR or any of Christopher Nolan's Batman films.
Dunno why, I guess I am sick and tired of all the shooting incidents in the states. Every incident like this follows the same pattern in the aftermath - gun owners swoop down on internet forums and the media in general, to defend their 2nd amendment rights to own guns (lots of "rational" people suggest that the incident could have been avoided if everyone in the theater carried a gun for self defense - WTF ?!!)

This one was a truly bizarre incident, since the guy was apparently a pretty bright student studying neuroscience ( ironically researching reality and fantasy ), and the fact that he dressed up as the Bane character wearing a gas mask made me a bit queasy in watching the movie so soon after the incident.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #195
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Dunno why, I guess I am sick and tired of all the shooting incidents in the states. Every incident like this follows the same pattern in the aftermath - gun owners swoop down on internet forums and the media in general, to defend their 2nd amendment rights to own guns (lots of "rational" people suggest that the incident could have been avoided if everyone in the theater carried a gun for self defense - WTF ?!!)
Seriously? America's gun laws are just ludicrous. In Singapore the punishment for unlawful possession of firearms is death - not that I agree with it, but it just shows the stark disparity between America's attitude towards guns and that of - sorry to say this - more sensible countries. Isn't the 2nd Amendment borne out of the Civil War? Isn't that a VERY VERY VERY long time ago? Much as I admire America's deep respect for its Constitution, which is something I wish Singapore had, sometimes you just gotta admit that some things, no matter how sacrosanct, need to change with the times.

Quote:
This one was a truly bizarre incident, since the guy was apparently a pretty bright student studying neuroscience ( ironically researching reality and fantasy ), and the fact that he dressed up as the Bane character wearing a gas mask made me a bit queasy in watching the movie so soon after the incident.
Wow, I didn't know he dressed up as the Bane character; I only heard about how he told the police he was the Joker or something. Yeah I know what you mean; when I was watching I found myself thinking about the shooting also, and how weird it was that I was watching on screen what had happened in real life. Maybe his research drove him crazy. Actually, it's quite a wonder how the super intelligent haven't all gone crazy; knowing too much about the world isn't a good thing sometimes.