Second half of season 2012. - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #106
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second half of season 2012.

Who would have thought that Jesse would take him to 7-5 7-6. If nothing else this match was good for his confidence, coming back in the after being down set point.
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #107
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

So, Andujar (Tipsarevic pulled out at 4:6, 1:4) is next. Good chance for quaters.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #108
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

If he loose today he will be just 20 points away of 12th place. Pitty he didn't beat Haas, Hewitt or Tipsarevic.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #109
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
If he loose today he will be just 20 points away of 12th place. Pitty he didn't beat Haas, Hewitt or Tipsarevic.
120 pts from 12th place, but unless Milos goes to finals or win Marin is 12th seed for us open and that is what matters at the moment.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #110
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
120 pts from 12th place, but unless Milos goes to finals or win Marin is 12th seed for us open and that is what matters at the moment.
Wawrinka, Fish and Chardy with a title would be ahead of him, too.
If Marin somehow win today Milos would need a title. Good thing is they will need to face Federer, Del Potro and probably Djokovic. I am afraid of Milos, he can beat Federer. But if he do that he would more than deserved that.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #111
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Wawrinka, Fish and Chardy with a title would be ahead of him, too.
I don't see any of them winning here, Maybe Milos to reach final would be the only threat.

Quote:
If Marin somehow win today
I can't see that happening. Maybe if Davy took Nole to 3 long sets last night, then maybe. Too many mental lapses from Marin yesterday. He had 3-1 and 40-15 on his serve and then went to sleep and lost next 4 games to wake up at 5-3 and win next 3 games and a tie break. Second set was a roller coaster too.

As I said many times, I don't expect miracles from him this year. He missed first 3 months of the year and than played way too much tennis next 4 months and I can see that he's mentally and physically exhausted. If he stays around 12 spot for the beginning of the next year that would be great. Rested Marin can attack top 10. He has no points to defend and AO courts fit him well. Hopefully he doesn't cramp his schedule and skips Umag and Hamburg and gets ready for US hard court season instead.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #112
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Djokovic was 1:0 up, Cilic was on serve, had 40:30, he waste that off-course, than Djokovic made DF and an easy forehand on the net for 15:40, Cilic waste that, too. And that's it.
Pitty he is that non self-confidence.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #113
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

So if Wawrinka doesn't win the tournament (plays vs Federer and Djokovic or Del Potro) which is very likely Marin will be 12th seed.
One more thing, in that case he would be #13 in the World. Last time he was that high was 2 years ago.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #114
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Last time he was in form like this was in the end 2009 (he was in better formi in the begginig of 2010).
Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #115
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last time he was in form like this was in the end 2009 (he was in better formi in the begginig of 2010).
I agree. With maybe 20% of improvement he will reach top 10 in Feb/March next year. He isn't defending any points at the start of the season and his most successful grandslam so far (AO) could push him into the top 10.

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
AncicCilic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #116
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncicCilic View Post
I agree. With maybe 20% of improvement he will reach top 10 in Feb/March next year. He isn't defending any points at the start of the season and his most successful grandslam so far (AO) could push him into the top 10.
I think he will raise his game for GS like he always do when is in form. He will probably play in quaters (depens he will get JMDP or not).
Old 08-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #117
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

marin just seems to have this mental block when it comes to playing del potro and djokovic. he does better when he plays federer and nadal then he does the 2 of them
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #118
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Just 2 days left draw will be made. Who you would like? Any wishes, expectations?
Tpsarevic would be great in R4. Just to avoid JMDP in R4 and Nishikori and Wawrinka in R3.
Ferrer would be best option for quaters. If Marin will play good (which I pressume) he will great chance to make quaters (maybe even more). But he needs to avoid JMDP (he can beat him when he is on, but better to not play with him).

Last edited by petar_pan : 08-21-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #119
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My wish is Tipsy for R4 and Federer or Ferrer for quarters. Hope Delpo and Murray are on the other side. Most of all I hope he got some rest as last time he played he looked little washed up. Hopefully 10 days was enough for him to recuperate and recharge his batteries. This is where he played his best tennis and best of all I get to see him live
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #120
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
My wish is Tipsy for R4 and Federer or Ferrer for quarters. Hope Delpo and Murray are on the other side. Most of all I hope he got some rest as last time he played he looked little washed up. Hopefully 10 days was enough for him to recuperate and recharge his batteries. This is where he played his best tennis and best of all I get to see him live
I watched him live last two matches in Umag, he was great. Hope that will continue with live watching