Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #31
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
You can be in pain, and give 100% of yourself. Being 100% physically and being able to give 100% of your physical abilities are two different things.

I did see what you said. You said Nadal does it to look polite and nice. But the same can be said for pretty much every player, because realistically, that's what they are also doing. Saying nice things because it's the right thing to do, not because they care.
Care to elaborate? Because I'm not seeing the difference.

And you missed an important part of what I said that makes Nadal bs more than anyone else. He just says that the player he lost to played great, and doesn't say why or anything. 99 times out of 100 will you see anyone else say the other play was playing well BECAUSE they did something. That is what Nadal does NOT do.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #32

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Thanks for the random Fed article when Fed has nothing to do with this argument. He is a whole other story. I haven't mentioned Federer this whole time so bringing him up renders totally useless.

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #33
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostaw1969 View Post
So, Butt Picker withdraws from a charity event with an injury excuse, shocking. Below is a injury scorecard on him that I obtained from another site. Combine the following with the fact that there have been numerous times when he seemed to be injured mid-match, only to be seen sprinting around the court like a deer a short time later, and some people ask how some doubt his injury concern???

Remember, his Soderling loss at the FO was supposedly because of knee problems, too. Even though he didn't even have them taped (for the first time in ages) during that match.

2006 AO: Missed with injury
2007 Wimbledon: Medical timeout in 4th set of final against Federer.
2007 US Open: Tired, knee problems. Why he lost to Ferrer.
2009 French Open: Knee problems
2009 Wimbledon: Missed with knee problems
2009 US Open: Coming off long layoff for knee problems. Knees still bad, which is why Del Potro smoked him.
2010 Australian Open: Abdominal injury.
2011 Australian Open: Medical timeout in Ferrer SF loss. Can't move.
2012 Wimbledon: ?Tendinitis, no?

2007 Hamburg loss to Federer: ?I'm so tired and exhausted, no?

2009 Madrid loss to Federer: ?I'm exhausted from match with Djokovic, and I have knee problems that I will only talk about after losing in the French Open to Soderling, no?

2010 World Tour Finals final vs Federer: ?End of the year, tired, no?

2011 World Tour Finals RR vs. Federer: ?End of the year tired again, no?

2012 Miami, right before scheduled to play Djokovic after 7 straight losses if he wins SF: "Withdrawing from Murray match because of knee problems, no?"

BEFORE 2012 Australian Open, where he'd lose to Djokovic for the 7th consecutive time: "When I arrived here, I felt a loud CRACKKKKKK in my knees. in finals, it might be because my knees aren't 100%, no?"

Don't think that's an actual quote, but he DID mention some concern about his knees. It got old a LOOOOOONG time ago....
US Open wasn't knee issues. He had a torn abdomen.

Miami, he was clearly injured vs Tsonga and could barely move.

Australian Open, he made no excuse for his knee after losing to Djokovic. Knee tape was prevention/precautionary.

Clay season 2009, was struggling going into Madrid, almost withdrew from the event, played an exho before the French and was struggling, decided basically last minute to play the French although he had developed full-blown tendonitis in both knees.

2010 WTF loss to Federer, went out of his way not to discuss his fatigue. He overplayed in 2010, which lead to injury problems in the start of 2011.

I don't need to continue. Seems like you are basically making things up, and adding bullshit, to justify petty hatred. How small of you.

Should Nadal be trashed because his body fails him often? Is that his fault morally? Seems like some here think it is. It is Rafael Nadal's fault his body breaks down.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #34
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Thanks for the random Fed article when Fed has nothing to do with this argument. He is a whole other story. I haven't mentioned Federer this whole time so bringing him up renders totally useless.
How is Roger a different story? He says he was injured, which he was, in this match vs Berdych in Wimbledon, and it affected his play. Why isn't Roger criticized like Nadal? This isn't a Nadal thread. It's a general thread.

Actually, why are Nadal and Federer criticized AT ALL for their bodies failing them, as if that is their fault?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #35
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, excuse me, this thread is only about Nadal. How can I forgot it? My bad.

God is killing me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
bokehlicious, nobody will miss your over-edited 'professional' photos.
MachineGun said it right -- you overdone with computer editing. If you don't want to listen then don't post here anything. Artist, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I hate tennis
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #36
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Care to elaborate? Because I'm not seeing the difference.

And you missed an important part of what I said that makes Nadal bs more than anyone else. He just says that the player he lost to played great, and doesn't say why or anything. 99 times out of 100 will you see anyone else say the other play was playing well BECAUSE they did something. That is what Nadal does NOT do.
Oh, I see. Nadal should go into detail about how his opponent beat him. Nadal fails to go into specifics, with his broken English, and therefore, he's faking it, unlike other players. Got it.

You can be in pain and push through it, if the pain doesn't physically impair your ability to function.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #37

Quote:
How is Roger a different story? He says he was injured, which he was, in this match vs Berdych in Wimbledon, and it affected his play. Why isn't Roger criticized like Nadal?

Actually, why are Nadal and Federer criticized AT ALL for their bodies failing them, as if that is their fault?
I definitely was not defending Federer there. You're just assuming.

They aren't being criticized for their bodies failing them. Shit happens. They are criticized for blaming a handful of losses due to the fact that they are injured, which just isn't right...

Quote:

Old 07-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #38
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

This is a general thread, it isn't a Nadal thread. In fact, it's not even a player thread. It's more asking people here why they keep discrediting a players' injury situation as not serious or as a joke.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Oh, excuse me, this thread is only about Nadal. How I can forgot it? My bad.
Definitely not what I was saying... I said that Federer was totally irrelevant to anything that I HAVE SAID, and you tried to use it against me which makes 0 sense.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #40
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
I definitely was not defending Federer there. You're just assuming.

They aren't being criticized for their bodies failing them. Shit happens. They are criticized for blaming a handful of losses due to the fact that they are injured, which just isn't right...
Didn't say you were defending Roger, but Roger isn't criticized the same way Nadal is criticized, for what can be construed as doing the same thing.

Is being honest about being injured equate to blaming a loss on injury? I don't think so. It's simply correctly pointing out that that player was not 100% able to perform on the day and was ultimately at a disadvantage because of it.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #41

Quote:
Oh, I see. Nadal should go into detail about how his opponent beat him. Nadal fails to go into specifics, with his broken English, and therefore, he's faking it, unlike other players. Got it.

You can be in pain and push through it, if the pain doesn't physically impair your ability to function.
He has a fine vocabulary. That shouldn't be blamed... He just brushes aside the other player just to talk about HIS injuries. Pretty selfish. Other players will at least talk about the other player for 5 seconds which Nadal fails to do time and time again.

And isn't that just talking about the seriousness of the injury???

Quote:

Old 07-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #42

Quote:
Didn't say you were defending Roger, but Roger isn't criticized the same way Nadal is criticized, for what can be construed as doing the same thing.

Is being honest about being injured equate to blaming a loss on injury? I don't think so. It's simply correctly pointing out that that player was not 100% able to perform on the day and was ultimately at a disadvantage because of it.
Then ask someone who criticizes Nadal AND NOT Fed. Because I criticize both.

Exactly proving my point. Nadal doesn't just mention the injury, he BLAMES the loss on the injury...

Quote:

Old 07-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #43
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Definitely not what I was saying... I said that Federer was totally irrelevant to anything that I HAVE SAID, and you tried to use it against me which makes 0 sense.
What you said was this:

Quote:
The only player I disrespect when they're injured is Nadal.
My question is why? When Roger or another player talk about injures after a lost is ok but when is Nadal you disrespect him? Well, sure you are in the rigth place

God is killing me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
bokehlicious, nobody will miss your over-edited 'professional' photos.
MachineGun said it right -- you overdone with computer editing. If you don't want to listen then don't post here anything. Artist, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I hate tennis
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #44
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
US Open wasn't knee issues. He had a torn abdomen.

Miami, he was clearly injured vs Tsonga and could barely move.

Australian Open, he made no excuse for his knee after losing to Djokovic. Knee tape was prevention/precautionary.

Clay season 2009, was struggling going into Madrid, almost withdrew from the event, played an exho before the French and was struggling, decided basically last minute to play the French although he had developed full-blown tendonitis in both knees.

2010 WTF loss to Federer, went out of his way not to discuss his fatigue. He overplayed in 2010, which lead to injury problems in the start of 2011.

I don't need to continue. Seems like you are basically making things up, and adding bullshit, to justify petty hatred. How small of you.

Should Nadal be trashed because his body fails him often? Is that his fault morally? Seems like some here think it is. It is Rafael Nadal's fault his body breaks down.
So many excuses, so much bullshit. The sooner we're back to 250s and challengers and you can revert to being an Italotard/journeyman tard instead of a mega-delusional Rafatard the better.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #45
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
He has a fine vocabulary. That shouldn't be blamed... He just brushes aside the other player just to talk about HIS injuries. Pretty selfish. Other players will at least talk about the other player for 5 seconds which Nadal fails to do time and time again.

And isn't that just talking about the seriousness of the injury???
He does not talk about injuries in press conferences. And no-one is required to give a detail on how they lost. That's going too far to knock Nadal down, that he doesn't specify enough how the opponent beat him. I see he usually says the opponent played a great match and was too good, he couldn't find the solutions, etc..............same stock answers other players give.

It's the seriousness of the injury but also it's impact. Some injuries impact a player's performance more than others. Some injuries you cannot play through. Some injuries are too severe, some injuries are maybe less severe but in an uncomfortable place on the body. It is what it is.
Closed Thread