Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured?

I always hear "stop making excuses", "stop talking about the injury", "don't talk about being hurt", etc., when a player claims being hurt. We've seen it with Nole earlier in his career, we always see it with Nadal, and we see it with Roger and his back, we see it with Murray often. That somehow they should downplay their injuries, or in fact not even claim to be injured at all, even when they clearly are struggling. With Rafa, we know he gets injured often. But people on here disgustingly mock his injuries and call him a faker, although there is medical statements/proof of his injuries. If a player brings up any injury after the match, they're seen as making an excuse, even when they explicitly give credit to their opponent.

I think it's incredibly disrespectful to these athletes, and it's ridiculous when armchair analysts like the people on here behave in such a way. Also the whole idea it isn't sportsman to me doesn't fly. If a player is injured, then they are injured. It is what it is. It doesn't take away from the result and the win for the opponent, instead it's simply being honest with the conditions of the match. Player A beat a Player B who wasn't able to give 100% of himself on the day.

I really have no idea why people do this and am curious to see any attempt at turning this stupidity into logic. Any reasons?
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #2
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured?

See Nadal.

/thread.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do people disrespect a player when news is revealed they are injured?

The only player I disrespect when they're injured is Nadal. Of course that's just me. I do it because whenever Nadal loses and happens to be injured, he blames the WHOLE LOSS on the injury. He doesn't say that he was playing bad or that the other guy was playing well, he just says "I was injured." It's not that I don't believe he's injured, it's just that he blames the fact the he lost with an injury. It's happened multiple times, and it just gets plain annoying.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Filo V talking about respect.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
The only player I disrespect when they're injured is Nadal. Of course that's just me. I do it because whenever Nadal loses and happens to be injured, he blames the WHOLE LOSS on the injury. He doesn't say that he was playing bad or that the other guy was playing well, he just says "I was injured." It's not that I don't believe he's injured, it's just that he blames the fact the he lost with an injury. It's happened multiple times, and it just gets plain annoying.
Usually it's people in camp rather he himself saying it, and usually its a few days after the match.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
Old 07-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #6
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

is this thread about nadal?

he's awful
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Completely false. Guess you haven't read his post match transcripts or when news is reported on his injury; he always gives credit to the opponent. He even has said in latest matches he doesn't bring up injuries in post matches anymore, solely because people will call him fake and say he's making excuses. Which in itself is bullshit, because now we're telling Nadal to be dishonest, solely because people want to believe in their magical worlds that Nadal was 100% able to perform in every match he lost.

Disrespecting someone, anyone, when injured, is fucked up. They are injured. Cheering injuries is disgusting and immoral and wrong.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #8
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Usually it's people in camp rather he himself saying it, and usually its a few days after the match.
Key word in bold. And what does the fact that a few days after the match have to do with it ?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

Because they play injury card.
All athletes are hurting one way or the other, but they just deal with it.
That's what Venus said.......
swebright is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #10
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

OP showing hypocrisy again.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #11
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
is this thread about nadal?

he's awful
It's a general thread, but it can't be denied Nadal is trashed the worst in this area. But in general, it's wrong to cheer injuries, it's wrong to discredit injuries and it's wrong to say a player is lying about an injury. That's beyond disliking a player and into character assassination zone, which is bullshit, since none of us are in these player's bodies. And we see it all the time on this forum, and it's wrong and needs to get called out.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #12
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the player and most players are never 100% fit. Not fit enough, then don't take court and play the injury card.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #13
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
Because they play injury card.
All athletes are hurting one way or the other, but they just deal with it.
That's what Venus said.......
How can someone be playing the injury card, when/if they are actually injured? Are they supposed to lie about being injured?

Pain is not an injury. All athletes deal with pain. Knee tendonitis or back spasms is not just regular aches and pains.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #14
country flag MuzzahLovah

Quote:
Key word in bold. And what does the fact that a few days after the match have to do with it ?
No I agree with you, just pointing that out. It's more underhanded that way anyway.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #15
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Filo V talking about respect.
You're free to leave my thread.
Closed Thread