S.Q.T. (stupid question thread) - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #406
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which courts are cover with cameras?

Thanks.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #407
country flag TheBigFourFTW

TheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

I mainly just come here and post and ignore the trivial aspects of the forums, but what are the purpose of credits? How do they work with the donating and stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa is world number #1 and this is a 19 year old just out of juniors. yet leads....

But no problem can be found?

Argument?
Quote:
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Kyrgios defeats Nadal 7-6 (7-5) 5-7 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 in 4 sets.
TheBigFourFTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #408
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigFourFTW View Post
I mainly just come here and post and ignore the trivial aspects of the forums, but what are the purpose of credits? How do they work with the donating and stuff?
You get credits for forum activity. Their main use is for vBetting. You can bet on any matches in the vBookie section, where there will be markets for almost all ATP matches during the year. You only win or lose credits, so it's strictly a game.

If you don't want to play this game you can donate your credits to someone else. Just press "Donate" under your credit total on the right hand of the screen, and enter recipient and amount (and a comment, if you want). Of course, you can't donate more than you have yourself.

You can also place credits in the vBank, which gives good interest (4% a month). That will give you more credits after some time. Ofc, that's only an interesting option if you feel you have use for them.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #409
country flag TheBigFourFTW

TheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
You get credits for forum activity. Their main use is for vBetting. You can bet on any matches in the vBookie section, where there will be markets for almost all ATP matches during the year. You only win or lose credits, so it's strictly a game.

If you don't want to play this game you can donate your credits to someone else. Just press "Donate" under your credit total on the right hand of the screen, and enter recipient and amount (and a comment, if you want). Of course, you can't donate more than you have yourself.
Thanks for the good response! Looks like something I won't be particularly interested in partaking in then.

Quote:
Rafa is world number #1 and this is a 19 year old just out of juniors. yet leads....

But no problem can be found?

Argument?
Quote:
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Kyrgios defeats Nadal 7-6 (7-5) 5-7 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 in 4 sets.
TheBigFourFTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #410
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Why isn't there any American coverage of the French Open?

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #411
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Why isn't there any American coverage of the French Open?
It's on the Tennis Channel this morning. If you don't have it, it's streaming on http://www.americaonesports.com/flashplayer/2013fo.html.

I'm pretty sure Federer's match won't be shown live, though, since NBC has the rights to it and isn't coming on until 1pm ET.
bluefork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #412
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefork View Post
It's on the Tennis Channel this morning. If you don't have it, it's streaming on http://www.americaonesports.com/flashplayer/2013fo.html.

I'm pretty sure Federer's match won't be shown live, though, since NBC has the rights to it and isn't coming on until 1pm ET.
oh, it's NBC's doing, of course! I thought they'd given up screwing over tennis fans, but I guess not.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #413
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
oh, it's NBC's doing, of course! I thought they'd given up screwing over tennis fans, but I guess not.
I was wrong, Tennis Channel is showing Federer's match now. We'll see what happens when NBC comes on in an hour, though...
bluefork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #414
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

If a player touches the net after hitting a ball that goes for a winner/hit for an error by their opponent, their opponent is automatically wins the point.

Why is this? I know sometimes an advantage could be gained from touching the net, but a slight accidental touch is not going to change the outcome of the point is it? Espescially if it's a clear winner and they slide into the net well after striking the ball..

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #415
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
If a player touches the net after hitting a ball that goes for a winner/hit for an error by their opponent, their opponent is automatically wins the point.

Why is this? I know sometimes an advantage could be gained from touching the net, but a slight accidental touch is not going to change the outcome of the point is it? Espescially if it's a clear winner and they slide into the net well after striking the ball..
It's so that the rule is more clear. If you or your racquet touches the net, you lost the point. There is no room for ambiguity. Was it "slight" enough? is too subjective a question.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #416
country flag CerealDave

CerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond repute

While watching the French Open, I've noticed at the beginning of each changeover that there seems to be a loud exhaling sound, like someone sighing. Does anyone know what it is, please?
CerealDave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #417
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Open final

Website says the dates of the tournament are AUG 26th (Monday) until SEP 9th (also Monday). Is the final officially scheduled on Monday this year?

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #418
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealDave View Post
While watching the French Open, I've noticed at the beginning of each changeover that there seems to be a loud exhaling sound, like someone sighing. Does anyone know what it is, please?
It's some sound effect the RG feed has, and I have absolutely no idea what its point is (and it's annoying).

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #419
country flag Crystalised.

Crystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond reputeCrystalised. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealDave View Post
Not sure but I think it's an ad they show on the giant screens.
Saw it in this thread in tf.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #420
country flag CerealDave

CerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond reputeCerealDave has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
CerealDave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote