S.Q.T. (stupid question thread) - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #181
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Why don't they make Tennis balls that you can pump up like a basketball? Because they go flat so easily

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #182
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Why don't they make Tennis balls that you can pump up like a basketball? Because they go flat so easily
Swinging the racquet and making contact on the ball where the valve is would give a different flight path to the ball than when striking a more uniform ball.

You can see this in football where expert free-kick takers like Christiano Ronaldo or Andrea Pirlo will position the ball so that he can hit it where the valve is. This will cause the flight path of the ball to bend with a different characteristic.

That's beside from the fact that the valves on balls are typically made from a harder material than the ball itself, so hitting it in this part may cause unpredictable pace, cause the ball to fly long or bounce in a strange way. Where the margins are tight, such differences can mean the difference between winning and losing a point.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #183
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApproachShot View Post
Swinging the racquet and making contact on the ball where the valve is would give a different flight path to the ball than when striking a more uniform ball.

You can see this in football where expert free-kick takers like Christiano Ronaldo or Andrea Pirlo will position the ball so that he can hit it where the valve is. This will cause the flight path of the ball to bend with a different characteristic.

That's beside from the fact that the valves on balls are typically made from a harder material than the ball itself, so hitting it in this part may cause unpredictable pace, cause the ball to fly long or bounce in a strange way. Where the margins are tight, such differences can mean the difference between winning and losing a point.
Great explanation! Thanks so much

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VerticalSports.Com App

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #184
country flag motorhead

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

what are those hearphones every spectator had at the US open? are they broadcasting the web radio or what through them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
he's not gay
put a hand on my ass in sopot when i was 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I learn my learn in Oeiras, the flop was wearing a freaking jumper in a match vs sizzles, well he won, but I swear on my life afterwards' Never in my lifetime, I will bet on this flop'.
motorhead is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #185
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....in your team's service games you alternate between sides as the server alternates from the deuce court to the ad court.

This question has been answered in this thread just a few pages ago (video examples included).
GREAT Explanation, one last doubt. While Receiving the serve the ad court player plays only in ad court AND deuce court player only plays in deuce court. Right???

Okay, let me search for the video...
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #186
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
GREAT Explanation, one last doubt. While Receiving the serve the ad court player plays only in ad court AND deuce court player only plays in deuce court. Right???
Yes when receiving serve the ad court player will play in the ad court and the deuce court player will play in the deuce court to start with and most of the time during the rallies as well. Sometimes during the course of the rally the players may switch sides but that is only if the situation requires it (say for instance when the deuce court player is by the net and is lobbed - the the ad court player may move over to the other side of the court to return it and the deuce court player can move over to the other side not to expose that part of the court).
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #187
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes when receiving serve the ad court player will play in the ad court and the deuce court player will play in the deuce court to start with and most of the time during the rallies as well. Sometimes during the course of the rally the players may switch sides but that is only if the situation requires it (say for instance when the deuce court player is by the net and is lobbed - the the ad court player may move over to the other side of the court to return it and the deuce court player can move over to the other side not to expose that part of the court).
Understood.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #188
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Was there a match ever with more than 3 bagels? 4 or 5? Like 0-6, 0-6, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0
Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #189
country flag mreccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Was there a match ever with more than 3 bagels? 4 or 5? Like 0-6, 0-6, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0
Though not the answer for you question, this looks nice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
A man who brings back what he takes

Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #190
country flag motorhead

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
what are those hearphones every spectator had at the US open? are they broadcasting the web radio or what through them?
Quote:
he's not gay
Quote:
I learn my learn in Oeiras, the flop was wearing a freaking jumper in a match vs sizzles, well he won, but I swear on my life afterwards' Never in my lifetime, I will bet on this flop'.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #191
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are listening to tv match commentary
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #192
country flag motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
They are listening to tv match commentary
cheers, though there must be a massive delay.
Quote:
he's not gay
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #193
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
cheers, though there must be a massive delay.
Don't think so. Once they showed Federer 's dad on tv with the headphone during a match. Then the tv commentator said here Federer's dad listening to us and he waved(small one though)
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #194
country flag motorhead

yea I remember that one. don't know if the signal is analogic or digital, in case of an analogic signal there would be no delay.
Quote:
he's not gay
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #195
country flag mreccentric

Quote:
yea I remember that one. don't know if the signal is analogic or digital, in case of an analogic signal there would be no delay.
no matter analog/digital, they both would have delay. What makes you feel so?