Vote for Djokovic in the ESPY awards - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #106
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vote for Djokovic in the ESPY awards

Djokovic won best male tennis player? There are a lot of deluded Djokotards so that's hardly surprising.

I guess it gives them something to treasure now that Djokovic has lost his #1 spot

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #107
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Djokovic won best male tennis player? There are a lot of deluded Djokotards so that's hardly surprising.
I'm far from a fan of Djokovic but it's not a surprise that he won in that category against Rafa and Roger.

Let's not forget that he won 3 GS titles in the last season and 1 this year so far and became the first player to really give Rafa nightmares
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #108
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I'm far from a fan of Djokovic but it's not a surprise that he won in that category against Rafa and Roger.

Let's not forget that he won 3 GS titles in the last season and 1 this year so far and became the first player to really give Rafa nightmares
He was on a hot streak for a few months last year I guess...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #109
country flag Doully

Doully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond reputeDoully has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I guess it gives them something to treasure now that Djokovic has lost his #1 spot
You don't need to be deluded to see why Djokovic came out on top after his 2011 and AO title defense this year. It's entirely deserved. I was actually positive Federer or Nadal would come out on top in that category because of their immense popularity. Glad to see that Novak's results got him the award.

That being said, had the voting commenced after the Wimbledon final, this award would have undoubtedly went to a different man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
He was on a hot streak for a few months last year I guess...
Something like January to September, no?
Doully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #110
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Couldn't care less about some US poll. Who did you expect to win? Murray?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #111
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised Novak won, it's a good thing as it implies that the movements in the men's game are really on the radar of the average US sports fan.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #112
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to all Novak fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I don't know which one of you is worse.
Oh, oh, oh... I do!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #113
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doully View Post

Something like January to September, no?
No...
Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #114
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
I was surprised Novak won, it's a good thing as it implies that the movements in the men's game are really on the radar of the average US sports fan.
... that or Nole spam voted thousands of times. Hum... think about it.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:04 AM   #115
country flag Fed Muzza Killer

Fed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Nole and His Fans (not You Nick the Geek)

GOATerer
Fed Muzza Killer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #116
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

A travesty that Nole didn't win Best Male Athlete for his amazing 2011, especially the first half of the season.

But absolutely unsurprising. Americans.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #117
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

what Nole's gf thinks about it

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #118
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
A travesty that Nole didn't win Best Male Athlete for his amazing 2011, especially the first half of the season.

Let me guess some football player won it.

Thank you Stanimal for taking out the trash at AO!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #119
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Couldn't care less about some US poll. Who did you expect to win? Murray?
Murray's never winning any popularity polls, ever.

It'd be better if he won though.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #120
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

He won the Laureus. That's all that matters. Leave the headless American players to run all they like and collect irrelevant trophies .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote