Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis) - Page 177 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #2641
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrw07 View Post
And by the way, as bad as anything may be, nothing is worse than WTA tennis.
I believe women's football is, and so is this:

Here it is again with a more fitting soundtrack:

Last edited by BigJohn : 08-07-2012 at 01:48 AM.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #2642
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Wta olympics shouldn't even exist

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #2643
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair Umpire View Post
I have to post this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...-Olympics.html

Also read the comments of the frenchs readers in here: http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-p...-argent/304195

Looks like brittish are the new dopers for the frenchies. I guess this is what happens when you start to shine in cyclism (Wiggins) and tennis (Murray).

I'm waiting for an Andy Murray muppet at Les Guignols.
I'm glad they are asking these questions. British cycling is very supicious right now with legions of Team Sky & BC track riders improving by leaps and bounds at the same time. Marginal gains...

Quote:
Doubts raised over Great Britain's "magic wheels"

“Mavic wheels or magic wheels?” So read the headline in Monday’s L’Équipe as the French cycling federation’s national technical director Isabelle Gautheron pondered the startling success of the Great Britain team in track events at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

The British squad has won four gold medals and a bronze in the opening four days of competition on the track. While that haul of medals is in itself hardly a surprise, the number of world records set and the improvement in British times since the world championships in April have raised questions in the French camp about the material they are using.

“We’re asking a lot of questions. How have they gained so many tenths of a second per lap in the space of a few months? And even seconds in the pursuit?” Gautheron said, according to L’Équipe.

After stressing that she was not casting aspersions of doping on her cross-channel rivals, Gautheron noted that the British squad had been very secretive about its equipment during the Games, and in particular their wheels, which are badged as Mavic.

“They cover up their wheels a lot,” Gautheron said. “The ones on the bikes they use in competition are placed under covers as soon as they finish. Unlike frames, wheels don’t have to be ratified by the UCI. Are they really Mavic wheels?”

All equipment used on the track must be commercially available, however, and Mavic’s events manager Jacques Corteggiani insisted that the British team were using the same wheels as all other Mavic-supplied federations, including France and Australia.

“For us, they all have the same material,” Corteggiani told L’Équipe. “Our sponsorship manager Thomas Davy is on site and for him, there’s no problem.”

British Cycling’s performance director Dave Brailsford said that his team was successful “thanks to the best training and the best equipment,” before joking, “there’s no secret about our wheels: they’re round.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/doub...s-magic-wheels
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #2644
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Italian athlete Alex Schwazer, who won gold in Beijing at 50 km walk, will not be able to defend his title as he's tested positive for EPO.
Schwazer destroyed the 50 km in Beijing but hasn't done much since then.

"My career is over. I made a mistake," Schwazer told ANSA news agency by telephone. "I wanted to be stronger for this Olympics, I was wrong."
Old 08-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #2645
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I was surprised too, The Korean racking up in Archery,Shooting and Fencing, the sports with targets. they are types that specialize in focus in aiming .

in other words,Can't wait for the Kayak events to start
Koreans are very determined and methodical with their training in these type of sports. 100% dedication.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #2646
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

doubts over magic wheels no the reason is because of a bitch name jealousy

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #2647
country flag wfrw07

wfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond repute

Liu Xiang gets dominated by the first hurdle and is out of the 110s. Surprising result.
wfrw07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #2648
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Liu Xhang has dreaded luck at the Games, he hopped down the track. Carried off by fellow athletes.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2649
country flag Kolya

Bye bye Liu Xiang!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #2650
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck no, Liu Xiang. The ONLY Chinese athlete I cared about.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #2651
country flag Kolya

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2652
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Norway in the handball 21-19, they were down by 4 goals and defeated Brazil who were undefeated in the group play.

At least they will be in the medal round.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #2653
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Am I to understand that we do not agree on this subject?
Indeed. I think you're letting yourself be carried away by prejudices and not being fair and just to female footballers, who've made leaps and bounds in the last few years and now display high standards of quality.

WTA is dreadful, I'll give you that.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #2654
country flag Kolya

Triathlon has started.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2655
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Great win for Norway in the handball 21-19, they were down by 4 goals and defeated Brazil who were undefeated in the group play.

At least they will be in the medal round.
Brazil lost to Russia in the group phase.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote