Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis) - Page 175 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #2611
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Entertaining game between Argentina-USA. Manu schooling Kobe.
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #2612
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

good to see Ginobili schooling usa from time to time . noccioni is a black hole in defense
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #2613
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Isinbaeva losing, george will have a party tonight
I can't believe she lost. Came third even. Not even /close/ to her best.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #2614
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

shame that Argie team is so old . Only team which could trouble USA but they will be physically falling as tournament will go further
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #2615
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
shame that Argie team is so old . Only team which could trouble USA but they will be physically falling as tournament will go further
Argentina is Manu's team, without him they're not competetive. Don't underestimate Spain though, they avoided USA early and I see them avenging Russia in the SF's and give another classic effort against the US in the finals.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #2616
country flag samanosuke

nah...spaniards are overrated
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #2617
country flag Armless

The froncourt of Gasol/Gasol/Ibaka disagrees. Don't make an opinion just from the friendly match. Spain has the talent to beat USA.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #2618
country flag Revan

Revan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond reputeRevan has a reputation beyond repute

That call to give an in-direct freekick inside the 18 yard box which eventually led to the 3-3 goal for the U.S was absolutely brutal. The ref was just atrocious.
Revan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #2619
country flag samanosuke

they say that defense is base of every success but fucking defense. this is great to watch
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #2620
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

I have to post this.

Quote:
Jason Kenny wins gold in men's sprint as rival Gregory Bauge questions GB success at London 2012 Olympics

Gregory Bauge could not beat Jason Kenny in the sprint so he tried to defeat him in the press conference, turning journalist to demand why Britain are so indomitable in the Olympic velodrome.

By Paul Hayward

6:32PM BST 06 Aug 2012

Kenny had just won his third Olympic gold with a masterful 2-0 win in the best-of-three final to take British cycling’s track medal tally to six, with five golds. Bauge wore a smile throughout the interrogation but there were hints of bafflement and bitterness that Kenny may be angry about when he reviews what happened following the medal ceremony.

It started as knockabout, but Bauge, the silver medallist and three-time world champion, was persistent in asking why the British team always peak at the Olympics. He asked the moderator’s permission to put questions to the champion.

First: “You prepared for four years for today, so how did you prepare?" Kenny laughed and summarised his answer as: "The Olympics is our main goal."

Reporters took over but soon Bauge was back in charge of the interviewing. Through a translator he said: "So if I understand you well, during the next four years you'll relax, and when it comes to Rio you'll be on top again, right?"

Kenny said: "Not at all. The Olympics is the main one. I still want to win world championships. They still mean a lot to me."

05 Aug 2012

An Australian journalist wanted to know why Bauge was asking these questions, to which he replied: "Because he beat me. I've prepared my Games in my own way so I'm curious to know how he prepared. It’s not easy. He had to compete with Chris Hoy first to get the selection, then he had to concentrate on the team sprint [which Britain won, on Thursday]."

This unusual exchange may have been entirely innocent but it certainly suggested a measure of resentment at Bauge’s end. The gist of his questioning was that Britain have been much less dominant in world championships than at Olympic Games. It obscured his own brush with authority over doping. Bauge was stripped of the 2011 world title for a "violation of article 21.4 of the UCI Anti-doping Regulation" (two breaches of applicable requirements regarding rider availability and one missed test in 18 months)."

In other words he breached doping protocols and missed a test. He also regained the world sprint title in April of this year at Kenny’s expense. In no way should his hijacking of a media inquisition be allowed to overshadow Kenny’s achievement - but it has to be reported, not least because of the sardonic nature of Bauge’s questioning.

That aside, Kenny is now cycling aristocracy. The only reasons for leaving Sir Chris Hoy out of an Olympic bike sprint would be a selectorial death wish or perhaps a hatred of knights. Right? Wrong. Kenny, the man who shot Bambi, vindicated the management’s decision to pick him ahead of Hoy with a victory of deep mental strength.

When Dave Brailsford, the head of British cycling, made his pick, Hoy, 36, was left to defend only two of the three titles he won in Beijing: the team sprint and keirin.

"If Chris was in my shoes there was no way he could lose this one," Kenny said. "So it was a case of justifying my place. It’s just a shame we both couldn’t have been in it [the regulations restrict countries to one pick]. It’s been a really lonely three days. I’m used to working through sprint competitions with a team-mate or even two team mates at the worlds so its nice to be on the other side of it now.

"If you look back on history, when it comes down to that really important ride, when it really really matters, nine times out of 10 Chris has stepped up and smoked it. That’s why he’s got so many medals and has had so much success in sport because he’s got that real killer instinct to finish off a race."

In the warm-up, Kenny looked a comparatively skinny adversary for Bauge. But in the battle he first outsprinted him on the last half-lap and then held him off as Bauge chased an equalising win. A 2-0 victory for Britain’s representative in this sauna was the perfect prelude to the departures from Olympic competition of Hoy and Victoria Pendleton on Tuesday.

Kenny had already collected gold as Man Two in the team sprint and said: "I really, really enjoyed that, but I didn’t get a chance to savour the moment because I felt so sick after the final. I let the other lads do the victory lap and just sat down to try and keep my lunch down. It was nice this time to enjoy the moment, do a few laps and soak it up.

"After qualifying we felt we had a bit more speed, which is always a luxury in sprints because it means if you don’t make any mistakes you should win nine times out of ten."

"They made the right call," Hoy said at the time. “It is not about individual ambition, it's about the team getting the most number of gold medals.”

But what makes the British so good, wondered the man from Voice of America radio? "Being at home with the British public helps. We’ve always been close in the world championships. When it comes to the Olympics we make sure we get every little detail right. That’s what we did in Beijing and that’s what we did here. Team morale goes a long way as well."

With three golds already at 24, Kenny could even overtake Hoy’s total of six. "Four years is a long time and so I’m just enjoying this one. By the time we get to Rio the team will be different again," he said. In the meantime he is a greatly elevated ambassador for the sport of cycling who will not have to answer to Bauge again at these Games.

"It’s a great way of getting around town if nothing else," he said of his sport. "The Manchester velodrome is booked for four years. It’s a case of bringing home as many medals as we can. I live in Manchester and I use it [his bike] to get around town. There’s no reason to think it will stop growing."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...-Olympics.html

Also read the comments of the frenchs readers in here: http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-p...-argent/304195

Looks like brittish are the new dopers for the frenchies. I guess this is what happens when you start to shine in cyclism (Wiggins) and tennis (Murray).

I'm waiting for an Andy Murray muppet at Les Guignols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #2621
country flag wfrw07

wfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan View Post
That call to give an in-direct freekick inside the 18 yard box which eventually led to the 3-3 goal for the U.S was absolutely brutal. The ref was just atrocious.
FIFA Laws of the Game - Law 12

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offenses:

1. Controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possesion

Now, is it often called, no, but you cannot criticize the referee for following the letter of the rulebook. Criticize others for not calling it, hell criticize FIFA for having in there in the first place, but don't criticize someone for following the book.

If I were a Canadian supporter, I'd probably be more steamed about the penalty decision. That is one called each way 50% of the time.
wfrw07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #2622
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe is in the highest mug mode possible right now. Shouldn't be anywhere near the ball.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #2623
country flag samanosuke

Durant could miss sometimes
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #2624
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, hopefully he doesn't use up all his hot shooting before later games.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #2625
country flag samanosuke

52 points in one quoter . Nigerians don't look so bad now