Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis) - Page 149 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #2221
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

nearly half the team were Welsh, ranked about 150th in the world

nice picking Pearce

never picked any Scots and we have some good average talent
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #2222
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Was there really no Scotsman in the team?

I really wanted Giggers to do well. Always loved the lad.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #2223
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Mike you should watch Croatia - Spain handball tomorrow. If we take a game seriously trashing in coming
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #2224
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Defending champion Dita is apparently 42 yrs and 195 days old and the marathon is 42.195 km.

Mind blown.
That means the world will end today, right?

By the looks of it, this isn't really a marathon. It's more like a 42k steeple chase. Without the hurdles, obviously.

The marathon is a great advertisement for London, by the way. Not that they need any advertisement, but still.
Is it the same course as the yearly London marathon?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #2225
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow View Post
That means the world will end today, right?

By the looks of it, this isn't really a marathon. It's more like a 42k steeple chase. Without the hurdles, obviously.

The marathon is a great advertisement for London, by the way. Not that they need any advertisement, but still.
Is it the same course as the yearly London marathon?
Nope.

I like this course, but not the fact that they're not finishing in the stadium as usually.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #2226

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Nope.

I like this course, but not the fact that they're not finishing in the stadium as usually.
Is the finish in front of Buckingham palace as well? You're right, the finish should be in the stadium.

Isn't it true that the marathon used to be 42k, but that the race has been extended with 195 meters because a British queen (Elizabeth 1?) wanted to see the start from Buckingham palace?

Just saw a Saudi prince compete in the equestrian (jumping).
It's always nice to see royalty compete in sports as well, though no one can top prince Albert crashing in the bobsled.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #2227
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was there really no Scotsman in the team?
Nope, all Welsh/English squad

his worst pick was the goalkeeper who was beyond a clown

he made De Gea look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Mike you should watch Croatia - Spain handball tomorrow. If we take a game seriously trashing in coming
thk bro, tell me when the time of it is coming and i will
Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #2228
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Scots refused to play, thats why there were none in the team
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #2229
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Is the finish in front of Buckingham palace as well? You're right, the finish should be in the stadium.

Isn't it true that the marathon used to be 42k, but that the race has been extended with 195 meters because a British queen (Elizabeth 1?) wanted to see the start from Buckingham palace?

It's always nice to see royalty compete in sports as well, though no one can top prince Albert crashing in the bobsled.
Highly unlikely, since Elisabeth I lived and reigned three centuries before the modern marathon race was conceived and one century before Buckingham Palace was built.

It went like this: during the early years of modern olympics, marathons were 40km long. In London 1908, the course was altered to use a different entrance to the olympic stadium, so the course was longer: 26 miles and 385 yards, or 42 kilometres and 195 metres. The IAAF made that distance the official one in 1921.

The race finishes where it starts today, at The Mall.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #2230
Banned!

Steve Fletcher wanted to play

great player who will never play for Scotland coz our prick boss Levein had a fight with him
Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #2231

Quote:
Highly unlikely, since Elisabeth I lived and reigned three centuries before the modern marathon race was conceived and one century before Buckingham Palace was built.

It went like this: during the early years of modern olympics, marathons were 40km long. In London 1908, the course was altered to use a different entrance to the olympic stadium, so the course was longer: 26 miles and 385 yards, or 42 kilometres and 195 metres. The IAAF made that distance the official one in 1921.

The race finishes where it starts today, at The Mall.
Thanks.

I have to catch up on my British history. :-)
Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #2232
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing the number of Londoners who have nothing better to do on a wet Sunday morning but stand on a street corner watching a bunch of bikini-clad, ripped women jiggle past.

If someone would lock Sir Paul and Stella in a closet for the second week, these will surely be the best Olympics ever.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #2233
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, British royalty already medalled this time around.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #2234
Banned!

was a 65 year old Canadian competitor in equestrian

his 10th Olympics

speaking of the horses, love when they make them trot
Old 08-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #2235
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
I thought the same at first. Then I thought how much better it is that as many events as possible can finish in front of the public - all those Londoners that have welcomed the Games to their city but had an almost zero chance of a ticket to the stadium. Yes, I know that most of it would be on the streets anyway, but I assume a place on the mall was on a first come basis.

The incredibly large crowds on the wet streets support my conclusion. Next sunday morning should be thrilling.