Activists stage street action in Jerusalem to protest Israeli torture practices - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Activists stage street action in Jerusalem to protest Israeli torture practices

http://972mag.com/israeli-activists-...actices/49503/

Interesting stuff.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Activists stage street action in Jerusalem to protest Israeli torture practices

Just another day in the holy land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Activists stage street action in Jerusalem to protest Israeli torture practices

Nothing there that I would call ''real'' torture. Too bad the word has been diluted to be a catchall phrase for everything from loud music to ripping out fingernails and stubbing out cigarettes on the flesh of children. But of course you already covered ''real'' torture with your Syrian thread a couple of days ago. Even though you coyly avoided use of the word ''torture'' in your thread title, in spite of that being the actual subject of the article you posted.

Funny how today's youth will flock to clubs and pay money to voluntarily have their hearing impaired by deafening heavy metal music, but provide it in a jail cell for free and they cry foul.

You get more outrageous by the day.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Nothing there that I would call ''real'' torture. Too bad the word has been diluted to be a catchall phrase for everything from loud music to ripping out fingernails and stubbing out cigarettes on the flesh of children. But of course you already covered ''real'' torture with your Syrian thread a couple of days ago. Even though you coyly avoided use of the word ''torture'' in your thread title, in spite of that being the actual subject of the article you posted.

Funny how today's youth will flock to clubs and pay money to voluntarily have their hearing impaired by deafening heavy metal music, but provide it in a jail cell for free and they cry foul.

You get more outrageous by the day.
well, i guess you missed the point of what a street performance is. they're clearly not going to rip fingernails on some voluntary actors but simply to show the point that torture happens in israeli jails.

in any case, if you think loud music is all that happens, you might want to check some reports on the internet; if not, keep beliving what you want to believe. i bet it must feel safe and dandy to live within that bubble of yours.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
well, i guess you missed the point of what a street performance is. they're clearly not going to rip fingernails on some voluntary actors but simply to show the point that torture happens in israeli jails.

in any case, if you think loud music is all that happens, you might want to check some reports on the internet; if not, keep beliving what you want to believe. i bet it must feel safe and dandy to live within that bubble of yours.
So they hold a street protest to protest Istraeli torture, but neglect to actually provide any examples? Yes, I definitely missed their point.

I have seen many street performances representing dead people and they never once had to resort to actual dead people to make their point.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-26-2012 at 08:00 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
So they hold a street protest to protest Istraeli torture, but neglect to actually provide any examples? Yes, I definitely missed their point.
you most definitely did.

It's not about providing graphic and detailed examples of the torture that goes on in israeli prisons but simply to raise awareness on the topic and to cause a reaction from the passerby public.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
you most definitely did.

It's not about providing graphic and detailed examples of the torture that goes on in israeli prisons but simply to raise awareness on the topic and to cause a reaction from the passerby public.
I wouldn't react much if all they made me aware of was that there are people in Israeli prisons.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you most definitely did.

u really really have no idea what ur talking about

stop b/s, come here i will pay for ur stay and let see u say another word after this

sadly and i say it with a healy heart, ur judges are wayyyyyyy wayyyyy Merciful until its pretty sick and im saying that about all kinds of ppl who are inside the israel prison.

look at pictures of the prisionesr who get out of there, all of them are so fate from eating and some even study for a degree or more.

sgain i say it with a heavy heart b/c i think they should be more Tough and hard.

u have an obsession to my country.

u wanna talk about torture? go to Syria, China, Russia.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Torture is a useful tool for making people admit things that they didn't do - under a certain amount of physical or mental duress you can make anyone crack.

However for the very same reason it's an impractical method of iterrogation.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
u really really have no idea what ur talking about

stop b/s, come here i will pay for ur stay and let see u say another word after this

sadly and i say it with a healy heart, ur judges are wayyyyyyy wayyyyy Merciful until its pretty sick and im saying that about all kinds of ppl who are inside the israel prison.

look at pictures of the prisionesr who get out of there, all of them are so fate from eating and some even study for a degree or more.

sgain i say it with a heavy heart b/c i think they should be more Tough and hard.

u have an obsession to my country.

u wanna talk about torture? go to Syria, China, Russia.
actually, the performers were jewish israeli citizens like you, so i guess they must be deeply misinformed even if they live in the place (something that to you seems to be a strong criterion of validity).

I really hate to burst your bubble here (well, I actually don't tbh) but your country has and continues to engage in torture practices. the information is out there. just a quick google search with the words of israel and torture is already pretty revealing. here's some of it.

Since some people here have in the past questioned the validity of my sources because they weren't from the mass media establishment, I'll resort to a new focus. Here's a piece from an extremely communist pro-Arab panflet commonly referred in the UK as the BBC.

Quote:
An official Israeli report has acknowledged for the first time that the Israeli security service tortured detainees during the Palestinian uprising, the Intifada, between 1988 and 1992.

The report, written five years ago but kept secret until now, said the leadership of the security service Shin Bet knew about the torture but did nothing to stop it.

The report did not detail the torture methods used, but human rights organisations say some detainees died or were left paralysed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/637293.stm

and another report from that antisemitic propaganda american daily known as the washington post:

Quote:
Broad Public Support

When she first saw cases of alleged torture cross her desk at the Association for Civil Rights in Israel in the late 1980s, staff worker Hannah Friedman said it was very difficult to get human rights advocates to deal with them. Eventually, she and Hebrew University law professor Stanley Cohen, who immigrated to Israel from South Africa, set up their own organization, the Public Committee Against Torture in Israel, to deal exclusively with the allegations.

Shabak interrogators in those days were bound by the 1987 guidelines. While never made public, the procedures were well known to virtually every Palestinian security detainee. Prisoners were forced to stand for days at a time or were shackled in tightly contorted positions on low stools, in a procedure known as shabah. They were violently shaken, deprived of sleep, bombarded with loud, continuous music, exposed to extremes of cold and heat and forced to relieve themselves in their clothing. Their heads were often covered with canvas hoods that reeked of urine or vomit.

These techniques had widespread public support. A 1996 poll commissioned by the human rights group Btselem found that 73 percent of Israelis condoned the use of force.

Sometimes interrogators went beyond the guidelines. In October 1994, after militants abducted a 19-year-old Israeli army corporal, Nachshon Waxman, Yitzhak Rabin, then the prime minister, acknowledged that the suspected driver of the kidnap car had been tortured.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun15.html
but yes, israel doesn't practice torture... lol