Animated GIFs in GM - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should the use of large animated gifs in GM be banned?

Yes, they're really annoying 32 56.14%
No, they're fine, stop nannying us 17 29.82%
Don't care either way 4 7.02%
Tennis wins 4 7.02%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #61
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animated GIFs in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Huh? When I read a thread in GM, the gif appears as a link. Either I can click it, or not click it. So for me, gifs are really not a big deal. MTFers need to get some fucking thicker skin and not try to ban anything that they don't like. It is just intolerance, something I am guilty of too, but something I am working on. Just let things roll off your back, most 99% of things in life are really not that important. It sometimes grinds my gears to see people complaining about bullshit that doesn't matter, and yes, I do understand the irony of my sentence as I'm typing it.
Intolerance that actually matters is intolerance towards homosexuals, people of different religions, people of different races; not "intolerance" towards some silly animated images posted on a tennis forum. You could have made the same point without resorting to some baseless and unnecessary sanctimonious comparison of this gif issue to starving children in Africa. Why even complain about people complaining about gifs when there are people dying in Africa?! Oh my god, could you be any more "bourgeoisie"?

Quote:
I will take care of Africa when I have the money, power, and influence to do so.
Which means never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
And LMAO at people who say that a gif makes a thread slower.
It's not. People insult each other on this board, there are some racist users and so on, and a gif doesn't change anyone's life, I hope.
What are you talking about? Someone said that too many gifs in a thread causes the thread to load slower. What the hell has that got to do with people insulting each oter on this board and people being racist?!

Quote:
They are funny, honestly. Even when I put some with "bye bitch" is obvious I do it for make people laugh. Some people laugh, like messages and goodreps sent to me show, but others don't. But this is something that happens for every fuc*ing thing in our society: some people like, some don't.

Don't strip away the gifs, please.
No, they are not. The ones (sorry I meant one) that you post are annoying because it's the same shit posted over and over again and it's so huge that it requires extra effort to scroll past it. And like someone else said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
A "bye bitch" pocahontas after every result is not humor.
(emphasis added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
I know, I know. I don't know why he's not on my ignore list yet.
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #62
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably aren't annoying if it wasn't Hian posting them. The end.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #63
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

'bye bitch' and 'look at all the fucks I give' are just annoying. How would you feel if someone ran up to you and said 'look at all the fucks I give' in your face? You'd want to punch them.

She ain't the first one banned from WTAland whose parked up here. Why do we have to be a hostel for their rejects?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #64
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

As I previously stated, you can put me on ignore list if you are not able to stand my posts I have no problems with anyone, but I really understand that Gifs can annoy some people.

Guys, you need to understand that some of you don't like them, but others do. Until even just one person will be pleased with gifs (Pocahontas, Snow White, Movies etc.) we are entitled to use them.

And is this really your biggest problem at the moment? I hope not.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #65
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

And it seems you want your opinion to be dominant, since you don't accepte other people can find it amusing.

Plus, stop with the story of WTA World for users like me who were banned from there. I am a user like you here, and I find no difference.

This thread means everybody is entitled to open a thread to ask something in this board gets closed. I don't like "mug" because it is offensive, and the racism of users like Helevorn, or the insults some users like me receive for being original. And yes, IGNORE me and there will be no problems.

Differently from you, I love to have a different opinion and a different way to share it. If it is cause to be banned, then ban me, if you think you will solve the problem. If this is a real problem, honestly.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #66
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Name me one poster who thinks posting the same GIF in every match thread is genuinely funny?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #67
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Is Hian some WTA world reject? If he got a perma ban there he migrated over here maybe.

I've changed my mind about this, they are annoying and should be considered trolling violations.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #68
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Two relevant facts:

4 out of the 7 posts above are on my block list. When hian gets banned I will make a thread full of bye bitch gifs.
MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #69
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

MTF Overreacting and bitching like usual about non important things, calling ppl retards being racistic and acting violent on posters isnt a big deal, few gifs from one poster and all of the sudden we have thread for it. Pathetic really.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #70
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
just get rid of the "bye bitch" and "look at all the fucks i give" gifs
Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Ya know, you don't have to click on the links. Ignore list is another option.

Just another restriction on freedom of speech, just another instance of the Bourgeoisie restricting the actions of the Proletariat, what else is new.

Just get over it, Jesus. There are people starving in Africa, people working for 33 cents an hour in Chinese sweatshops and we are complaining about gifs?

How about some fucking perspective?
Lol, look who's talking I don't remember when I read something this stupid, you've outdone yourself.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #71
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
MTF Overreacting and bitching like usual about non important things, calling ppl retards being racistic and acting violent on posters isnt a big deal, few gifs from one poster and all of the sudden we have thread for it. Pathetic really.
That is such garbage. If the mods see racist posts, discriminatory behaviour or threats of violence then the offenders are sent packing.

The reason there's no thread for it is because there is nothing to discuss there. It's not acceptable, period.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #72
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
That is such garbage. If the mods see racist posts, discriminatory behaviour or threats of violence then the offenders are sent packing.

The reason there's no thread for it is because there is nothing to discuss there. It's not acceptable, period.
Then i dont know what are mods doing cause lately u can see offensive posts on daily basses. If posters on MTF are annoyed by gifs they can block the person who post them, then end. Banning gifs or banning posters because of this is pretty much really stupid. I personaly dont find those Gifs funny but srsly overreacting much?

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #73
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Then i dont know what are mods doing cause lately u can see offensive posts on daily basses. If posters on MTF are annoyed by gifs they can block the person who post them, then end. Banning gifs or banning posters because of this is pretty much really stupid. I personaly dont find those Gifs funny but srsly overreacting much?
Then they're not being reported. We don't read every single word posted, especially in a very busy period in the middle of a grand slam, but we DO deal with every post report - which is why this thread exists in the first place.

If you're seeing these things on a daily basis, why aren't you reporting them?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #74
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Please scoobs, PLEASE.

Just read at Helevorn posts. A user who had written, in his signature, that he hated all the players from Italy and everytime insults them, and this is not racism? But yeah, I agree gifs are way more important, for sure.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #75
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
Please scoobs, PLEASE.

Just read at Helevorn posts. A user who had written, in his signature, that he hated all the players from Italy and everytime insults them, and this is not racism? But yeah, I agree gifs are way more important, for sure.
If you see them, REPORT THEM.

And can we keep this thread on topic.
Closed Thread