Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 68 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1006
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Unfortunately, this is followed by bad news. The server this runs on is down, so there will no automatic updates until Monday. Gonna have to do some manually from time to time.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #1007
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
From my experience of the ATP interpreting rules in a very nice way to players, I don't think they will get a zeropointer because none of their case is an "obvious comfort withdrawal".

Stepanek will have no problem because he's out for one month.
Kohli should be in the same case imo although he has not withdrawn from Dubai yet.
As for Lacko, he retired at 1-1 during a match in Zagreb last week and I guess he had his injury checked out there.
Strangely it seems that Stepanek got a zeropointer : he was the least one for whom I would have expected that considering that he has withdrawn from every tournament since the Australian open, including Marseilles and Dubai coming next, then it looks as if he enters the rule "being out for one month because of injury is a good excuse for withdrawing from an ATP500 tournament"

There must be some paper missing, but I personally think that this zeropointer will be cancelled later as it had already happened in the past.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #1008
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Well duong... Let's see if we can predict this week:

Verdasco might get one because of his retirement/replacement with a LL.
There are still Anderson, Baker, Fish and Lacko. Fish will surely not get one. Anderson, Baker and Lacko. Where are they and why have they withdrawn?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #1009
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Well duong... Let's see if we can predict this week:

Verdasco might get one because of his retirement/replacement with a LL.
There are still Anderson, Baker, Fish and Lacko. Fish will surely not get one. Anderson, Baker and Lacko. Where are they and why have they withdrawn?
I didn't know about Verdasco, I have to see what's the reason.

Anderson, Fish and Baker are always out for a duration>=1 month, even though it may be exactly one month for Anderson, as he's not out of Delray Beach yet.

Lacko has a back injury and retired at 1-1 in Zagreb.

Apart from Verdasco for whom I need more informations, I would be surprised if the other ones got a zeropointer.

But there must be some paper procedures behind which we don't know and which are not detailed in the rulebook. Still there's a commission of appeal who has several time cancelled zeropointers in the past, I still think that's what will happen for Stepanek.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #1010
country flag duong

Neck injury and he was on-site as he retired after the draw was made, I don't think Verdasco will get a zeropointer.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #1011
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

I can have Stepanek drop back his penalty right this Monday, if you're sure it's gonna happen.

So, no other penalties expected for next Monday. I wish ATP would kill this retarded rule already...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1012
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I can have Stepanek drop back his penalty right this Monday, if you're sure it's gonna happen.
1. I think it's likely but I'm not sure.

2. I don't know when it would happen : I think there must be a meeting with a commission for appeal and it was sometimes very quick, sometimes less, in the following month anyway.

Last edited by duong : 02-19-2013 at 11:54 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #1013
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neck injury and he was on-site as he retired after the draw was made, I don't think Verdasco will get a zeropointer.
I think that when players withdraw so late that there is a LL, they always get a zero-pointer.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #1014
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirbachar View Post
I think that when players withdraw so late that there is a LL, they always get a zero-pointer.
no actually it's rather the opposite, because you can be sure in that case that they have their injury checked by doctors on-site, and it's a condition to avoid the penalty.

I never saw a player in that case receiving a penalty.

PS : it's the opposite in Masters 1000 tournaments, for alternates who are allowed to enter main draw, if they withdraw, they can't avoid the zeropointer which they could have avoided by withdrawing before the draw was made.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #1015
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond reputeamirbachar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no actually it's rather the opposite, because you can be sure in that case that they have their injury checked by doctors on-site, and it's a condition to avoid the penalty.

I never saw a player in that case receiving a penalty.

PS : it's the opposite in Masters 1000 tournaments, for alternates who are allowed to enter main draw, if they withdraw, they can't avoid the zeropointer which they could have avoided by withdrawing before the draw was made.
OK, thanks, I guess that's what got me confused...
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #1016
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick has filled his retirement paper, he will be removed from the ranking next week.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free mm
Ghty
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #1017
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Roddick has filled his retirement paper, he will be removed from the ranking next week.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free mm
Ghty
If you are 100% sure of this, I'll remove him now.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1018
country flag duong

Quote:
thanks for the info

If he had been ranked less high it would not have been such of a problem for the entry-lists for Masters 1000 tournaments and grand slams, but his high position did complicate some things indeed. They will not have to withdraw him from Madrid and Roma especially.

Besides, it will give many other players one better rank
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1019
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess now's a good time for him seeing as he advanced two places from 42 to 40 last week, past Troicki and Davydenko. Better to finish with an advancement
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #1020
country flag duong

Especially it might allow his countrymate Brian Baker to enter the top-50 for the first time of his carreer, which would be a nice thing to hear in his injured position (not sure at all though : several players can still get ahead of him)