Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #901
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Grand slams and Masters 1000 tournaments are mandatory and the fact that if you are allowed to enter them and you don't, you get zero point and can't replace it for another result, is the absolute key of that mandatory character. There's still a flexibility that actually players can indeed decide to skip them if they really want, but anyway, they will get those zero points and not replace them, which guarantees that this system still keeps being "mandatory" in a way.

And I think this mandatory character (which top-players asked for during the US Open 1988) is an absolute key of the visibility and quality of the Tour. In the 70s and 80s when it didn't exist, top-players could choose whatever tournament they wanted, especially for money reasons, and it's one of the main reasons why top-players seldom played against each other and why the rankings were not reliable and not transparent in that time (also the fact that the rankings were calculated with an "average" from less tournaments and the use of the bonus for wins against highly ranked players).

They tried to make something similar for ATP500 tournaments because they asked those tournaments a lot, in terms of increasing the prize money especially (they didn't ask so much to ATP250 tournaments hence the no-obligation there), then they needed to guarantee them some top-players participation, but it's a far less strict obligation.
I know that.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #902
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Stepanek got a zeropointer for Paris last year (which makes him lose his lowest result of 20 points) : it seems to me that his situation had been strange indeed.

He was originally an alternate and was entered thanks to withdrawals but as an original alternate, if he had withdrawn early enough, it would have been normal that he doesn't get a zeropointer (that is can replace Paris result with another result).
The problem is that in his case, his withdrawal had been very late, after the draw was already made and him being in.
In that case, I think that it's normal that he gets a zeropointer from the rules,
but strangely enough they had not given it to him at first.

Now they've given it to him (also in the rankings for the 7th of january then they must have made that change last week).
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #903
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Now J99, you can see the Withdrawn rule being applied this week to Nadal, Isner, Fish, Roddick and Zopp.

This week being the first of a Grand Slam week, all Futures results are live.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #904
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Brands is back in the top 100, that's great, totally deserves to be there.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #905
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Slasher is it possible to slightly modify the red color of the text inside the table (not the background but just the text)? It's too red and sorta "glary" - especially in such a non-white background. I suggest maybe a darker shade of red (brownish red perhaps) to make it more legible?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #906
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Anything is possible if enough people want it... This particular red is "pure red". A darker red is used for WTF. Confusion may be caused if I modify it.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #907
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

What are the possible changes to the number 1 spot after AO?

Sorry if this has been asked before
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #908
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Barely possible...

Federer has to win AO and Djokovic to lose in the QF in order for changes to the number 1 to occur.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #909
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

With his R3 victory, Chardy will equal his career best ranking of 30. If he wins his next match, he will reach 25(26 if Anderson beats Berdych)
Pratik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #910
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Anything is possible if enough people want it...
Why invoke that all of a sudden (you didn't ask people to choose the colors originally).

Quote:
This particular red is "pure red". A darker red is used for WTF. Confusion may be caused if I modify it.
There are over 256 colors (at the very least) I think you can easily come up with a solution... if you really wanted
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #911
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Why invoke that all of a sudden (you didn't ask people to choose the colors originally).
I asked people for a few major decisions I took with this thing, but it would have been a waste of time to ask them for every little thing. If I receive a series of complaints or suggestions regarding anything, I do the change. Like I introduced the Country Rankings, and the Age Group Rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
There are over 256 colors (at the very least) I think you can easily come up with a solution... if you really wanted
There is no reason to change this color though and you are the only one asking it. I'm really sorry if you hate the fact that I refuse, but I have a lot of things to do besides this, like a system that actually allows data mining from inside the Excel file for people that don't know how to use Excel, plus my job and taking care of a baby. I barely look inside the rankings 2 times a day, making sure there are no bugs that prevent people from seeing the updated system. Again, I apologize, but unless there are more people wanting this, I won't do it. Thank you for understanding.

BTW, if the reason is visibility, the better things to do would be decreasing the impact of background color, instead of changing the color of a current tournament, that would necessitate a recalculation of all ranking entries in order to set all the colors for all recorded tournaments.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #912
country flag Albatoss

Albatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer finally overtakes Nadal. Won't last too long I suppose but it's nice.
Albatoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #913
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatoss View Post
Ferrer finally overtakes Nadal. Won't last too long I suppose but it's nice.
If Nadal is not able to defend his points in all 5 Masters coming up, it may last more than you think. Ferrer will surely play 250s and 500s. The points he drops from any 250 have no impact on his ranking points. If he drops a win from a 500 tournament, he only loses a maximum of 250 points. There is no way Nadal can catch up to Ferrer unless he scores: SF in IW and Miami, win in Rome and Monte Carlo and QF in Madrid, and even so, Ferrer must do pretty badly in those tournaments. Also, Nadal needs to defend his RG. It's more likely that Nadal will drop further, rather than catch up with Ferrer.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #914
country flag Albatoss

Albatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
If Nadal is not able to defend his points in all 5 Masters coming up, it may last more than you think. Ferrer will surely play 250s and 500s. The points he drops from any 250 have no impact on his ranking points. If he drops a win from a 500 tournament, he only loses a maximum of 250 points. There is no way Nadal can catch up to Ferrer unless he scores: SF in IW and Miami, win in Rome and Monte Carlo and QF in Madrid, and even so, Ferrer must do pretty badly in those tournaments. Also, Nadal needs to defend his RG. It's more likely that Nadal will drop further, rather than catch up with Ferrer.
Sounds good to me. I'm thinking that it will take Nadal a long time to get back into the same form he used to be so I suppose you are right.
Albatoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #915
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Elaborating a bit on Slashers last post(using a different approach),

Let us take an extremely conservative estimate of Ferrers points. Assume he loses in his next match(R4 AO), and reaches the quarters(nothing more, nothing less) in each of the coming 4 mandatory masters. Further assume a R4 loss in Roland Garros and that he does not play any other tournament before Wimbledon.

In 2012, Nadal won a GS, 2 TMS, 1 500 and reached 2 TMS SF post AO and pre Wimbledon. To beat Ferrer(in the scenario mentioned above) Nadal needs to repeat this performance to be seeded #4 for Wimbledon(He can afford to get 120 points lesser).

So even if Ferrer has a really bad patch, it is almost certain that he will be ranked ahead of Nadal for the next 5 months. Realistically, Ferrer will reach QF in at least one of AO/RG and will have a decent showing in 250s and 500s, so it will take a a MUCH better Feb to May compared to last year from Nadal.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread