Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #781
country flag Chip & Charge

Chip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Have you seen http://live-tennis.eu/ - they have Adrian Ungur climbing 71 places to number 40 in the world!?
Chip & Charge is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #782
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip & Charge View Post
Have you seen http://live-tennis.eu/ - they have Adrian Ungur climbing 71 places to number 40 in the world!?
that's clearly a mistake : no need to discuss here the unfortunate mistakes of this site (generally good, at least when I used to look at it)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #783
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
you're probably right : actually I saw the US open 2002 final but I generally followed less tennis news between 1996 and the end of 2003 (when I discovered Fed in Houston which revitalized my interest )
Here is how Sampras answered the "retirement" question in his press conference after US Open final

Q. If you look back to before the Open, things you changed around, you've had a pretty tumultuous year, what were the key factors that put you in the position you were in to win this?

PETE SAMPRAS: Just a lot of support from my wife, from my family, working with Paul again. That really gave me a lot of peace of mind. Some stability. You know, he knows me better than anyone as a tennis player. And it all worked out. So much of kind of what I was going through this year was mental. It wasn't forehands and backhands and serves. It was kind of my head space. Wasn't real positive out there, kind of got down on myself extremely quick out there. We had some heart-to-heart talks about just my mind, where I'm at. All I could do after Wimbledon was start working again, get back to the drawing board. And start doing the running and the practicing, and it paid off this week.

Q. Is this the kind of -- does this make you look forward more to more Slams or does it make you happy to finish?

PETE SAMPRAS: Well, I'm gonna have to weigh it up in the next couple months to see where I'm at. I still want to play. I love to play. But to beat a rival like Andre in a major tournament at the US Open, a story book ending, it might be nice to stop. But... (Laughter). But... I still want to compete, you know? I still love to play. You know, see where I'm at in a couple months, where my heart's at and my mind. Right now it's hard to really talk about -- I mean, my head's spinning. But I'm sure the next couple weeks I'll reflect on it and kind of see where I'm at in a few months' time
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=12503
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #784
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic has an excellent "chance" to become a slamless #1 after AO. It's been quite a while since ATP had one of those. All that needs to happen is someone other than himself or Federer winning the title.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #785
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfuns View Post
Djokovic has an excellent "chance" to become a slamless #1 after AO. It's been quite a while since ATP had one of those. All that needs to happen is someone other than himself or Federer winning the title.
Yes, not since the 70s if I'm not mistaken. And each time it happened there was with contested #1s. Connors is not always credited as being #1 in 1975 or 1977.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #786
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Yes, not since the 70s if I'm not mistaken. And each time it happened there was with contested #1s. Connors is not always credited as being #1 in 1975 or 1977.
Not that long. Marcelo Rios was #1 for few weeks in 1998 without ever winning a GS. I think Lendl also became #1 in the early 80-ties before winning a slam. You might be thinking about year end #1
Old 11-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #787
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not that long. Marcelo Rios was #1 for few weeks in 1998 without ever winning a GS. I think Lendl also became #1 in the early 80-ties before winning a slam. You might be thinking about year end #1
yes, and McEnroe was number 1 in the end of 1982 without winning a slam that year.

And the same case as 1982 (one player number 1 without a slam, another one number 2 or 3 with 2 slams) is very possible as well.

By the way, now it's certain that Murray will not be in the top-2 after Melbourne, even if he wins that second slam.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #788
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, sorry, must have been too late in the evening for me. Rios in 1998 of course fits the description. So, not that long ago. Still very unusual in the ATP (not so in the WTA).
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #789
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what happens to the rankings this week, with the final on Monday?

Are they just delayed by a day, or does the ATP not update them this week, and then add the WTF and DC points next week?
pesto is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #790
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Does anyone know what happens to the rankings this week, with the final on Monday?

Are they just delayed by a day, or does the ATP not update them this week, and then add the WTF and DC points next week?
The official rankings will be out tonight, after the final is played.

For the record, whenever an ATP event is delayed for a Monday final, the same rule applies.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #791
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
The official rankings will be out tonight, after the final is played.

For the record, whenever an ATP event is delayed for a Monday final, the same rule applies.
yes they've started doing it for a while, which I think is not fair to most players, esp. here when the rankings can't be changed by tonight's result, only the number of points.

They never do it for challengers of course

Last edited by duong : 11-12-2012 at 02:17 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #792
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both.

I didn't know if it might be different because this final was always scheduled to be Monday, unlike other cases, where Monday finals occurred because of weather delays.
pesto is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #793
country flag duong

Djokovic will still be number 1 even if he doesn't win the Australian Open, unless Federer wins the Australian Open and Djokovic doesn't reach the semifinal there.

if he doesn't win the australian open, he will then most probably be a slamless number 1.

Besides, Murray can't be number 2 after the Australian open even if he wins it : the top-2 swill still be Fed-Djokovic. Murray could be number 3 with 2 slams and Djokovic number 1 with 0 slam, OMG how many bullshits would there be on MTF ?

Do we have to hope he wins the Australian Open to avoid another load of bullshits on MTF (as I felt happy he won tonight despite being a deep Fedfan) ? unfortunately maybe yes

the situation now after the Australian Open :

Djokovic 10920
Federer 9545
Murray 7030
Ferrer 6025
Nadal 5400 (yes Nadal will have to reach at least the semifinal and more probably the final to stay number 4)
Berdych 4245
Del Potro 4120
Tsonga 3195
Tipsarevic 2840
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #794
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Djokovic will still be number 1 even if he doesn't win the Australian Open, unless Federer wins the Australian Open and Djokovic doesn't reach the semifinal there.

if he doesn't win the australian open, he will then most probably be a slamless number 1.

Besides, Murray can't be number 2 after the Australian open even if he wins it : the top-2 swill still be Fed-Djokovic. Murray could be number 3 with 2 slams and Djokovic number 1 with 0 slam, OMG how many bullshits would there be on MTF ?

Do we have to hope he wins the Australian Open to avoid another load of bullshits on MTF (as I felt happy he won tonight despite being a deep Fedfan) ? unfortunately maybe yes

the situation now after the Australian Open :

Djokovic 10920
Federer 9545
Murray 7030
Ferrer 6025
Nadal 5400 (yes Nadal will have to reach at least the semifinal and more probably the final to stay number 4)
Berdych 4245
Del Potro 4120
Tsonga 3195
Tipsarevic 2840
Bro piece of advice, ignore what MTF talks, it will ruin enjoyment of watching tennis.And BTW that scenarion above with slamless Nole and 2 slams for Manday wont happend.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #795
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
that scenarion above with slamless Nole and 2 slams for Manday wont happend.
it will happen if Murray wins the Australian open, which is very possible from the winner of the last US Open. Your swanking will not do anything against it.

A summary of the post-Wimbledon (not included) months in terms of ATP points :

Code:
Djokovic	6 080
Murray	4 200
Federer	3 285
Ferrer	3 180
Del Potro	2 380
Berdych	2 275
Tipsarevic	1 740
Gasquet	1 400
Cilic	1 375
Tsonga	1 340
Djokovic's 6080 points are the best any player has done after Wimbledon (excluded) since at least 2007.

Murray made his second best second part of the year after 2008. Federer got a number of ATP points similar to what he got in the second half of 2008 and 2009, and notably lower to what he got in the second part of 2010 (his best one) and 2011 (his second best one).

Ferrer also made an excellent second part of the year, and as he's still better on clay than anywhere else, he will have to be looked after for the rankings, as we will see there's a very big chance that he gets in the top-4 and disturbs the usual seeds after the Australian open and during clay season.

What players did previous years :

in 2011 :

Code:
Djokovic	4 160
Federer	4 005
Murray	3 660
Tsonga	2 900
Nadal	2 260
Ferrer	2 185
Berdych	2 070
Fish	1 820
Tipsarevic	1 785
Isner	1 455
in 2010 :

Code:
Federer	5 530
Nadal	4 220
Djokovic	3 685
Murray	3 135
Söderling	2 385
Monfils	2 030
Ferrer	1 440
Fish	1 385
Youzhny	1 260
Nalbandian	1 145
in 2009 :

Code:
Djokovic	4 260
Del Potro	4 170
Davydenko	4 110
Federer	3 090
Murray	2 530
Nadal	2 400
Söderling	1 785
Tsonga	1 455
Monfils	1 445
Verdasco	1 270
in 2008 with the equivalent of the new rankings system to get a proper comparison :

Code:
Murray	4 560
Djokovic	3 490
Nadal	3 270
Federer	3 200
Del Potro	2 910
Simon	2 410
Tsonga	1 730
Roddick	1 690
Davydenko	1 600
Nalbandian	1 470
For the rankings in next months here's the situation at the moment :

After the Aus open (Djokovic will only lose the number 1 if he loses in quarters or before and Fed wins the tournament, which is very unlikely : if he doesn't win the Australian open, he will likely be a slamless number 1 for many months) :

Djokovic 10920
Federer 9545
Murray 7030
Ferrer 6025
Nadal 5400
Berdych 4245
Del Potro 4120
Tsonga 3195
Tipsarevic 2840

After Dubai (seeds for Indian Wells) :
Djokovic 10740
Federer 8560