Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #511
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
The French guy who runs this site and whose pseudo was Chewbacca on MTF made an error, yes : Fed, Nadal, Del Po, Isner, Fish, Roddick, Monfils and Chela will all get a zeropointer, yes, because they have played only 2 ATP500 tournaments so far in the calendar year then for certain they will not be able to fulfill the commitment.
Thank you. Now I know I have not gone insane. It's because this thing has detected these players automatically that makes me question the decision behind it. There might have been a mistake there.

Was just joking earlier, but seriously, if someone knows this user and wants to help, contacting him would do nicely.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #512
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Was just joking earlier, but seriously, if someone knows this user and wants to help, contacting him would do nicely.
he has a "contact the admin" link on the homepage, I will tell him, I sometimes did it in the past.

His work is not that bad and is also automatized, and he makes a "race" calculation (but from what I heard about how he does, I disagree with the way he does it), which you don't do, but he misses some rules from time to time.

Last edited by duong : 10-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #513
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His work is not that bad and is also automatized, and he makes a "race" calculation (but from what I heard about how he does, I disagree with the way he does it), which you don't do, but he misses some rules from time to time.
His work is awesome from my POV, far above "not that bad". I always respect anyone who does a lot of work for the sake of others. Mistakes are a given here, because ATP rules are so dynamic, and even they make mistakes, so what can we all expect.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #514
country flag florentine

florentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond repute

Question regarding the compulsory ATP 500..
the top 30 players have to play 4 of them, one of which after the US Open, right ? Bearing in mind that Monte-Carlo counts as one of them..
I thought that DC could be part of those 4, however, considering your discussion, it appears that not.
To put it bluntly, I am concerned about Federer's breakdown...
Rotterdam, Dubai, Basel + DC, he should then be considered as complying with the rule.

If not, does that mean that he will get a zero pointer, which will maintain his 90 pts from Doha in non countables ?
In which case, Djokovic would get 180 pts in non countables as well ?
florentine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #515
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentine View Post
I thought that DC could be part of those 4, however, considering your discussion, it appears that not.
To put it bluntly, I am concerned about Federer's breakdown...
Rotterdam, Dubai, Basel + DC, he should then be considered as complying with the rule.

If not, does that mean that he will get a zero pointer, which will maintain his 90 pts from Doha in non countables ?
In which case, Djokovic would get 180 pts in non countables as well ?
DC is not part of the commitment, as per section 1.07-D from the Rulebook:

Quote:
D. Commitment
The commitment for the commitment players is, the singles event of all ATP World
Tour Masters 1000 tournaments for which he is accepted, the Barclays ATP World
Tour Finals (if qualifi ed as a direct acceptance or designated as the alternate) and
four (4) ATP World Tour 500 tournaments, one (1) of which must be held following
the US Open. For commitment and ranking purposes, the Monte Carlo Masters 1000
will be included in the minimum requirements for the 500 category. 2012 Davis Cup
points may be counted as one (1) of the best of six (6) in the ATP World Tour rankings,
however, it shall not count towards the commitment requirement of a commitment
player.
Federer gets a 0-pointer this week and his ranking breakdown remains unchanged, and if Djokovic does not play Basel/Valencia, he gets a 0-pointer as well. However, Djokovic doesn't get the 180 points in NC, since he has only 17 tournaments + WTF in his breakdown, and now, any number of ATP 500 tournaments are permitted in his Best 6.

EDIT: Is it just me thinking this, or are people not looking at the OP anymore ? Is the image still there ? What about the file ?

Last edited by Slasher1985 : 10-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #516
country flag florentine

florentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks, quite clear now..
florentine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #517
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it just me thinking this, or are people not looking at the OP anymore ? Is the image still there ? What about the file ?
I was looking at it earlier today, to verify that Raonic is indeed on the verge of becoming the best North American, so it is still in use
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #518
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

If Djokovic wins Beijing and Shanghai, and Fed loses R32 in Shanghai, Nole can snatch #1 on 10/15, keeping Fed at 299.

Probably won't be for another few weeks though. Fed needs to root for Tsonga and then do work in Shanghai.

This Shanghai event will go a good way to determine who #1 will be for the year.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #519
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fed needs to root for Tsonga and then do work in Shanghai.
If Tsonga wins tomorrow, Fed can already pack his bags for Europe. He's number 1 till Basel.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #520
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Tsonga wins tomorrow, Fed can already pack his bags for Europe. He's number 1 till Basel.
True, but he ought to do his best in Shanghai to get closer to Nole in the race.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #521
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

EDIT: Is it just me thinking this, or are people not looking at the OP anymore ? Is the image still there ? What about the file ?
I couldn't see it for most of the week, but could get it again yesterday. I also could not get the ATP site home page, and this also was fine again yesterday. I'm blaming the last Windows update!

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #522
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
I couldn't see it for most of the week, but could get it again yesterday. I also could not get the ATP site home page, and this also was fine again yesterday. I'm blaming the last Windows update!
Well, this was suspended for two days, maybe synched with the ATP being down.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #523
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

No, I couldn't see it at the start of the week, before you suspended it. It's fine now though.

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #524
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

For the number 1 in next weeks :

- after Shanghai Fed will keep the number 1 if he reaches QF or if Djokovic doesn't win the tournament

- if Fed loses the number 1 in Shanghai, he could get it back after Basel if he reaches the final there (needs to win if he loses in first round in Shanghai)

- after Paris-Bercy and before the WTF, Djokovic is now certain to get number 1 back (at least for one week) if Fed skips Paris-Bercy as it's likely

- for the situation in the end of the year, after the WTF, the Race is still running and Djokovic is 1515 points ahead (and for the Race, Fed will only add the points over 90 in Basel)
Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #525
country flag theseth1119

theseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the number 1 in next weeks :

- after Shanghai Fed will keep the number 1 if he reaches QF or if Djokovic doesn't win the tournament

- if Fed loses the number 1 in Shanghai, he could get it back after Basel if he reaches the final there (needs to win if he loses in first round in Shanghai)

- after Paris-Bercy and before the WTF, Djokovic is now certain to get number 1 back (at least for one week) if Fed skips Paris-Bercy as it's likely

- for the situation in the end of the year, after the WTF, the Race is still running and Djokovic is 1515 points ahead (and for the Race, Fed will only add the points over 90 in Basel)
I can't imagine Rogie not making at least the QF in Shanghai (regardless if Djokovic wins Shanghai), first round bye, then Lu or Zhang in round 2, and then Istomin, Berlocq, Ramos, or Wawrinka in the 3rd round, he's making the QF. QF would be: Monaco, Verdasco, Klizan, or Cilic/Kubot, therefore he'll make at least the SF (Murray most likely, or Isner), so Rogie's #1 is virtually a lock to be safe now until the end of Basel. I think #1 all comes down to Paris and London (WTF).
theseth1119 is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread