Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #436
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Slasher you could just add 3 columns. 1 for a country ranking next to a country column or official ranking (that shouh be easy, not sorting the list or anything, just adding 1 extra number by counting players from that country allrdy listed-higher ranked and adding 1) and at the end of the list (like that GB forums has) you count add 2 columns for ATP Race ranking and ATP race points... I realise that would be like making anouther rankings and making a new (similar, but a little different) algoritam but only for players with commitment, for the rest just add points from this year. For players with commitment you would need to count if they didn't furfill the commitment (regarding the ATP500 and 250) and count 4 ATP500s and 2 250s (and possible challengers) and when they furfill it, you count the best 6 tournaments. I mention that bcs I don't like the way http://live-tennis.eu/race just adds points dissregarding the mandatory tournaments that will surely replace added points. At makes a player actually lose YTD points by playing a mandatory tournament.

I realise you don't need any explaining as you know about this stuff more than I do, but I just wanted to make myself clear about what I'm talkin about. Anyway, it's just a suggestion, you are doing a great job as of now!
I really like the country ranking idea, and it's pretty easy to implement, this one I can do. I was thinking to create a separate table for the Race (in the future), but at the moment I want to make the current automated system stable before I implement something of that scale. Thank you kindly for you suggestions and feedback.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #437
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
Well the Brits already have a live ranking on another forum (the one in my sig). I'm surprised you didn't have any takers for other countries, but maybe they have something similar in their own countries?
Kings of Clay? Is that where most people went after 606 closed down? Was wondering

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #438
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
Kings of Clay? Is that where most people went after 606 closed down? Was wondering
No, the freewebs British Tennis one.

Kings of Clay did start many years ago from the old pre-606 board, but is not very active now.
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #439
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesse Levine is closing in on a new career high. His live ranking is 70 right now.

Haider-Maurer, with a 4th consecutive good Challenger result has just popped into Top 100.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #440
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
thank you, and it's the same for Stebe who played on friday but lost.

It means that you can't get 10 points in the play-off : it's either 5 for one win, or 15 for two wins, it's nomore 5 for one win on friday and 10 for one win on sunday as it was in 2010.
They corrected both Nishikori and Stebe : the old rule still applies, 10 points for a win on sunday, whether or not you play or win on friday.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #441
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Thanks for noticing this. It's good you did it before I left, which is 2 hours from now, so I got to correct it in the table.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #442
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to his win over Robert in Trnava, Joao Sousa is provisionally in the top-100 (number 99), still a few risks that Ungur, Kuznetsov and Tursunov get past him though.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #443
country flag Beta2k

Beta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond repute

i also would welcome a column for the country-specific ranking. just sayin...
Beta2k is online now View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #444
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to keep referring to federer here, but out of curiousity...

what does federer need to do in order to keep number 1 until he gets 300 weeks? i believe 299 is safe until shanghai, but what would he need to do in order to keep it for at least one more (big) week?
caisenma is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #445
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caisenma View Post
sorry to keep referring to federer here, but out of curiousity...

what does federer need to do in order to keep number 1 until he gets 300 weeks? i believe 299 is safe until shanghai, but what would he need to do in order to keep it for at least one more (big) week?
Anything that does not lose more than 1335 points up to and including Shanghai is enough. So Federer needs a QF in Shanghai to be absolutely certain.

If he does worse than that, it will be sufficient if Djokovic does not win both Beijing and Shanghai. A Shanghai W and Beijing F is "only" 1300 points. Not enough.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #446
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, thanks!
caisenma is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #447
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask the following question: do the Olympics count as one of the 4 required 500 events towards a player's ranking this year or do they have to play 4 ordinary 500 events in order not to incur a 0-pointer?
Thanks.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #448
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask the following question: do the Olympics count as one of the 4 required 500 events towards a player's ranking this year or do they have to play 4 ordinary 500 events in order not to incur a 0-pointer?
Thanks.
Olympics do not count.
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #449
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
Olympics do not count.
Thanks a lot.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #450
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Damn, power went out...

Putting everything back on track now.
Closed Thread