*********** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - ROG is the Runner-Up *********** - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London ATP World Tour Finals - When will Fed play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
There are rumours that Nole's withdrawing from Paris. If that's the case, do you think Rog will still start on Monday? This is really important because I have tickets on Monday and Friday, which also happen to be the two days of the week that I don't have classes.

yes, I've just seen this and understand your concern

anyway, having a second thought on this, I may have been too assertive in my previous post : I think mostly the decision will depend who is on the final on sunday, and in which WTF group they are.

If Djokovic was in the final on sunday as I quite expected, yes it was certain that he would start on tuesday and Fed on monday, but if Djokovic is not in the final on sunday, it's different.

And now that he seems to be ill or something

but well if he's still ill in the end of the week, they might also tend to make him start on tuesday, as they did last year when Murray had a physical problem.

But well I was too assertive : if Djokovic is not in the final on sunday, it's still doubtful who will play on monday, although I do hope and rather think that Fed will (it would also be good because it would give him one day of rest before the semi).
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #33
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

I have tickets for Weds and Thurs so I will definitely see Roger
Old 11-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #34
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

We need someone with a really good Match-thread opening record to start the WTF thread.

My own record is F-Rd32-W-SF-QF. So though I want to start this one, I hope there's a better man for the job.
My nominations are:

NYCTennisfan
Eden
KAT YZZ

...Or maybe a first timer like Suktuen?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to Roger!!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
country flag Rogieva

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
We need someone with a really good Match-thread opening record to start the WTF thread.

My own record is F-Rd32-W-SF-QF. So though I want to start this one, I hope there's a better man for the job.
My nominations are:

NYCTennisfan
Eden
KAT YZZ

...Or maybe a first timer like Suktuen?
My only thread saw Roger withdraw so I am not

Plus I won't be able to update it as I will be there!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I am prepared to buy a ticket to the night session on Tuesday if Roger doesn't play on Monday. When does the draw come out? I gotta be home on the day to make sure I get a ticket, if need be, as soon as the order of play comes out.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #38
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I am prepared to buy a ticket to the night session on Tuesday if Roger doesn't play on Monday. When does the draw come out? I gotta be home on the day to make sure I get a ticket, if need be, as soon as the order of play comes out.
Draw ceremony: Saturday 1h45pm uk time

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #39
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post

My nominations are:

Eden
You surely don't want me to start the thread when you know my record...

9 tournament threads started - only 2 victories for Roger

Last one going back to Cincinatti 2009...
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #40
country flag Rogieva

Draw out tomorrow? Sounds good!

Hope Roger has an evening session on Weds or Thurs
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #41
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogieva View Post
Draw out tomorrow? Sounds good!

Hope Roger has an evening session on Weds or Thurs
Yes according to David law (uk journalist) twitter @davidlawtennis

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #42
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Draw ceremony: Saturday 1h45pm uk time
I thought they said Sunday evening?
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #43
country flag ufiors

ufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have tickets for Weds and Thurs so I will definitely see Roger
very happy for you. I seen him two times in my life, in Rome, during training and against Karlovic in 2009... I want to see another match. When he'll announce his retirement i will do everything for see his last match, i think it will be in World tour finals.... Let's see...
ufiors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #44
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My only thread saw Roger withdraw so I am not

Plus I won't be able to update it as I will be there!
Wow! You are exempted from the trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
You surely don't want me to start the thread when you know my record...

9 tournament threads started - only 2 victories for Roger

Last one going back to Cincinatti 2009...
2 Wins in 9 attempts is impressive by MTF standards.
Better than my 1 W in 5 attempts for sure.

Someone please wake up NYCtennisfan from his slumber!

...Or should we rest our hopes on a Fedal like Sunset of Age?

Yeah, a Fedal jinx might work!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 11-03-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #45
country flag SUKTUEN

Allez Roger!!!