Nadal's sportsmanship in the Rosol match - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Nadal's behavior?

It is normal, a little bullying, complaining, and other tactics are acceptable 32 11.35%
Bumping a 100 ranked qualifier and complaining about his breathing/movements is a little much 171 60.64%
His violations of the time and coaching rules are the real issue. 166 58.87%
I didn't watch the match 32 11.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #61
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal's sportsmanship in the Rosol match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Also, lastly, I agree, that all this crying shit is pretty fucking boring. It's like, whatever. Rosol didn't give a fuck, so why do so many people here give a fuck? It ultimately does not matter at all, except for people mad that Nadal's reputation is good. Which is really what the complaining is about. All this morality bullshit is totally fucking comical, coming from people of THIS forum, who say the rudest things about these players. Now all of a sudden, it's all about being clean and sportsman. Yeah, right.
I must agree here. Since the time I came to join the forum, I have not understood the hate some people have for some of the players. Instead of enjoying this great sport (the good and the bad), they take some of their time to cast away bad words at people that worked so much to reach the place where they are now. It's high school attitude if you ask me. I apologize if anyone is offended.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #62
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I must agree here. Since the time I came to join the forum, I have not understood the hate some people have for some of the players. Instead of enjoying this great sport (the good and the bad), they take some of their time to cast away bad words at people that worked so much to reach the place where they are now. It's high school attitude if you ask me. I apologize if anyone is offended.
Don't apologize friend, everything you said is right on the money This forum is extremely high school. Extremely. But, when you don't have anything of worth to live for, and you live vicariously through these players the way so many on this forum do, this is what happens. It's almost sad, because as you put, not many on here can say they have worked as hard as these professionals work to be elite at their job, not many here are elite at anything in their lives, and a little bit of respect goes a long way. The haters, and the tards too...........not living in the real world.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #63
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't watch it, but the way I've always seen things like this are that you're going to do what you need to do to win, and if that means getting under the skin of your opponent, so be it.
There was an option for you. Maybe don't talk out of your ass about something you didn't watch?

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #64
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
but here is my question - why on earth was that same award given to Federer in 2009 when 1) he broke his racket in anger against Djokovic in Miami and 2) he cursed in primetime TWICE during the USOpen Final? What about his sportsmanship back then? Did anybody make a spiteful thread about it?

I hope you get my point.
This is easy.

What Fed did were isolated incidences that are in no way reflect his habit and attitude on court. Because most of the times, Fed's behavior on court is quite good and sometimes exemplary, a lot of people cut him some slack. Apart from that, what Fed did was not gamesmanship. They didn't gave him an advantage or bother his opponent concentration and rhythm. And before you say it, yes I agree, that Fed can be quite an arrogant douche in interviews. But that is off court.

Nadal on the other hand, has made gamesmanship and bending of the rules as his standard MO. People have been calling this out for years. A lot of tennis fans see this disrespect to the rules as annoying. Even though Nadal is quite humble in interviews, some feel that it's a fake. Cause how can you say such nice things in front of a microphone, then be a prick on court? Because of this, not many will cut him some slack, like they did Fed. They jump on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
good one. The answer is simple: there are more fedtards than rafatards
So, this statement is both true and false.

Yes, there are more Fed fans than Nadal fans. But no, it's not the answer for your question. Nadal is only reaping what he sow.
paseo is online now View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #65
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch it live, but I've seen much of the match afterward.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #66
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know why people bring up Nadal's humbleness, though. Most of you motherfuckers don't know what humble means. One can be humble and still be dirty at the same time. I think Nadal is humble but, and not to get racist/stereotypical here, but the fact of the situation is, he grew up on clay, and we all know that these clay guys, especially the Spanish speakers, are taught how to get under opponents' skin, especially the older ones. I don't consider it cheating, because it isn't. It's a TACTIC. Is it dirty? Yes. But as an opponent, you either can handle it, or you can't.

Rosol has been around long enough and has the machine-like mentality that I'm not at all surprised he wasn't bothered. He's seen it all before.
Also, if you listened to the post match interview(which you apparently didn't) Rosol said he was surprised something like bumping another player on the Center Court of Wimbledon would be allowable/acceptable. He hadn't seen that before. I've never seen such classlessness on such a big stage, well at least not since Serena's outbursts. For a such a champion to result to such cheap tactics against a guy ranked 100, it was really disgraceful.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #67
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

#3 is the biggest disgrace the game has ever seen.
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #68
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
gee, smashing rackets and cursing great sportsmanhip?
Quote:
if one could win Sportsman award with racket smashing and cursing, i don't see how you did not look at yr opponents' eyes when doing handshake is a big problem.

See paseo's post below for why your trying to compare Nadal's actions to Fed's is, simply put, flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
This is easy.

What Fed did were isolated incidences that are in no way reflect his habit and attitude on court. Because most of the times, Fed's behavior on court is quite good and sometimes exemplary, a lot of people cut him some slack. Apart from that, what Fed did was not gamesmanship. They didn't gave him an advantage or bother his opponent concentration and rhythm. And before you say it, yes I agree, that Fed can be quite an arrogant douche in interviews. But that is off court.

Nadal on the other hand, has made gamesmanship and bending of the rules as his standard MO. People have been calling this out for years. A lot of tennis fans see this disrespect to the rules as annoying. Even though Nadal is quite humble in interviews, some feel that it's a fake. Cause how can you say such nice things in front of a microphone, then be a prick on court? Because of this, not many will cut him some slack, like they did Fed. They jump on him.

Yes, there are more Fed fans than Nadal fans. But no, it's not the answer for your question. Nadal is only reaping what he sow.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #69
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
Why would you say he was pretending?And why on that precise point? I don't think that Rafa benefited at all from the supposed "gamesmanship" people are accusing him of, that's all.

Also, deliberately interfering with the server's pace are accusations that are very easy to be made, but hard to prove. The thing is, whatever Rafa does is looked at under a microscope and then blown out of proportions in a hateful,disgusting way on this forum.

Now,let me ask you for your comment on something.A couple of post earlier a poster claims that the 2010 Stefan Edberg award should be taken away from Rafa. Now, of course, noone can take a claim like seriously except the delusional poster and a couple of others on MTF, but here is my question - why on earth was that same award given to Federer in 2009 when 1) he broke his racket in anger against Djokovic in Miami and 2) he cursed in primetime TWICE during the USOpen Final? What about his sportsmanship back then? Did anybody make a spiteful thread about it?

I hope you get my point.
I certainly don't agree with everything Roger does and have called him out on times when he behaved like an obnoxious brat and a sore loser after a loss. So yes, I don't think it's good sportsmanship for him to break the racket and curse on TV. But those things were never aimed at his opponent and I don't agree that it's difficult to prove a player is deliberately interfering with a server's pace. The returner should be ready to receive as soon as the server is getting into position. Rafa consistently took his time to wipe his face, adjust his shorts/headband/nose even though Rosol was ready to serve. To me, that's interfering with the server's pace. And just for the record, I didn't think the "bump" was a big deal.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter much because the majority of players employ some tactics at one point or another to disrupt the opponent's rhythm, using whatever methods necessary. But it certainly makes watching tennis less enjoyable. Anyway, thanks for answering my question and I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #70
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #71
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond repute

2. And 3.

Aga; Ana; Maria; Vika. Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!

Andy, Novak. Have a wonderful 2013!!

Roger Federer
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #72
country flag scoutreporter

scoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond reputescoutreporter has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is spoiled, born in the rich family, and used to get what he is pointing at. Used to be a winner, and when he suddenly can't get the win or whatever he wants, he is not used to it. So he starts to cheat and try to psyche hes opponent, and I don't even think he wants to do it deliberate, its just the way he is as a person, he wants to win, and will do whatever it takes, even being unfair and 'cheat' Although I wouldn't call it cheating, its more mindgames. He is trying to psyche hes opponent, it just did not work. My opinion, I don't know the man, just what I think...

But what I find least attractive about hes 'cheating' antics, is he vamos, and jumping in the air every fkn point he wins. I can understand if he wins a rally of 10+ strokes, and hits some sick winner, and he jumpes and shouts vamos. But to do it on every unforced error of opponent, or every time Rosol hit the net, he was like YEEES, VAAAMOOOS, COME ON!!! followed by evil stare... like he won the tournament, that was a bit low. ..
scoutreporter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #73
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
This is easy.

You have a point. May be I am biased, but i still don't see the reason why rafa got such a huge amount of critics. He did not employ these gamesmansahip in every matches. He also did a lot of good things like giving points to his opponents many times but no one mentioned. He toned-down his celerbration when Roger was crying in the presentation ceremony in AO 09in order to make Fed felt better......... As for Roger, i do agree he behaves well most of the times, or may be he did not have to behave "bad" since he is winning most of the times. I do think no one is angel so why most critics are on rafa's?

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #74
country flag FairWeatherFan

FairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond repute

He is a pathetic, cowardly person with no class. When he is winning he is happy to put on the humble, nice guy act; but when he's losing, the true Nadal comes out. It's hard to believe that people can support this clown, but I suppose idiocy is always going to exist.
FairWeatherFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #75
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Also, if you listened to the post match interview(which you apparently didn't) Rosol said he was surprised something like bumping another player on the Center Court of Wimbledon would be allowable/acceptable. He hadn't seen that before. I've never seen such classlessness on such a big stage, well at least not since Serena's outbursts. For a such a champion to result to such cheap tactics against a guy ranked 100, it was really disgraceful.
I saw the transcript. It flat out doesn't matter. Stop trying to make this something, and act like you are so concerned about class. You're not, you just hate Nadal.
Closed Thread