Nadal's sportsmanship in the Rosol match - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Nadal's behavior?

It is normal, a little bullying, complaining, and other tactics are acceptable 32 11.35%
Bumping a 100 ranked qualifier and complaining about his breathing/movements is a little much 171 60.64%
His violations of the time and coaching rules are the real issue. 166 58.87%
I didn't watch the match 32 11.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #31
country flag Crisstti

Crisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal's sportsmanship in the Rosol match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
...And if Rosol had bumped into Nadal, "This guy needs to banned NAO!"
Nope, no way. Only Nadal haters make such ridiculous claims...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Ah. the bump is slight. But Rosol breathing is a big nuisance.

Nadal fails your own double standards.
I don't think anyone even knows what Rafa complained to the umpire about.

"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
Elie Wiesel.
Crisstti is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #32
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
Making Rosol replay his serve because Nadal was 'not ready' was not cool, considering how slowly Nadal was serving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
LOL, the bitter no-lifers keep coming with "original" threads

Give it a rest , haters, Rafa is and will always be a great champion. No one, except a bunch of scumbags, most of them already posting in the thread, has ever seriously questioned Rafa's Sportsmanship.
Let me preface by saying that I'm not a hater even if I don't enjoy watching his style of tennis. But it really puzzles me why he engages in this type of behavior. I can even forgive the whole ass picking and taking forever between serves if they help him concentrate but what he did today pretending not to be ready was so unnecessary.

Like you said evilmindbulgaria, he is a great champion who has the game to beat 99% of the tour so why even bother with the shadiness of deliberately interfering with the server's pace? As a Rafa fan, maybe you can shed some light on his psyche. I'm genuinely curious (no trolling here).
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #33
country flag pablo2k1

pablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, does anyone have a video link to the Nadal umpire discussion about Rosol's breathing? Sounds weird to me so I'd like to have a look...
pablo2k1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #34
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalxJourney View Post
Let me preface by saying that I'm not a hater even if I don't enjoy watching his style of tennis. But it really puzzles me why he engages in this type of behavior. I can even forgive the whole ass picking and taking forever between serves if they help him concentrate but what he did today pretending not to be ready was so unnecessary.

Like you said evilmindbulgaria, he is a great champion who has the game to beat 99% of the tour so why even bother with the shadiness of deliberately interfering with the server's pace? As a Rafa fan, maybe you can shed some light on his psyche. I'm genuinely curious (no trolling here).
Why would you say he was pretending?And why on that precise point? I don't think that Rafa benefited at all from the supposed "gamesmanship" people are accusing him of, that's all.

Also, deliberately interfering with the server's pace are accusations that are very easy to be made, but hard to prove. The thing is, whatever Rafa does is looked at under a microscope and then blown out of proportions in a hateful,disgusting way on this forum.

Now,let me ask you for your comment on something.A couple of post earlier a poster claims that the 2010 Stefan Edberg award should be taken away from Rafa. Now, of course, noone can take a claim like seriously except the delusional poster and a couple of others on MTF, but here is my question - why on earth was that same award given to Federer in 2009 when 1) he broke his racket in anger against Djokovic in Miami and 2) he cursed in primetime TWICE during the USOpen Final? What about his sportsmanship back then? Did anybody make a spiteful thread about it?

I hope you get my point.

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!

Last edited by evilmindbulgaria : 06-29-2012 at 06:23 AM.
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #35
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

The gamemanship with the complaining and the bumping is a little bit annoying but it should be alowed. He can try to get him out of his concentration or intimidate him when it is within the rules. If he wants to complain about his opponent breathing etc, and the umpire does nothing it´s ok by me.

But saying he was not ready for that serve, the coaching and the time wasting, those things are cheating in my opinion.
buzz is online now View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #36
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal was exposed or the cheating bully he has always been today by a hero. He stands naked before the tennis world. There is no more hiding.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #37
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

didn't watch the match so can't really comment. But I don't think he bumped into Rosol coz he wanted to intimate him. It had never happened before and this was most probably an accident. He had other worst losses before such as trailing with the scores 0:5 but he never did that.

but if he really did complain to the empire coz of rosol's breathing, i do think this is not right.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #38
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
Why would you say he was pretending?And why on that precise point? I don't think that Rafa benefited at all from the supposed "gamesmanship" people are accusing him of, that's all.

Also, deliberately interfering with the server's pace are accusations that are very easy to be made, but hard to prove. The thing is, whatever Rafa does is looked at under a microscope and then blown out of proportions in a hateful,disgusting way on this forum.

Now,let me ask you for your comment on something.A couple of post earlier a poster claims that the 2010 Stefan Edberg award should be taken away from Rafa. Now, of course, noone can take a claim like seriously except the delusional poster and a couple of others on MTF, but here is my question - why on earth was that same award given to Federer in 2009 when 1) he broke his racket in anger against Djokovic in Miami and 2) he cursed in primetime TWICE during the USOpen Final? What about his sportsmanship back then? Did anybody make a spiteful thread about it?I hope you get my point.
good one. The answer is simple: there are more fedtards than rafatards

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #39
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Why the players do not complain about his time wating tactics is beyond me
Shinoj is online now View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #40
Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond repute

it was extremely poor and pathetic. but it wasn't anything new.

Beat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #41
country flag dazed1

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dp.
dazed1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #42
country flag dazed1

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

sportsmanship and great champion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHX4oZw_W4

Like i said, shut your mouth.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #43
country flag Mimi

he knew very well that he was going to lose, even toilet break wouldn't help him. He was not breaking any rules, a lot of players took toilet breaks or injury breaks.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #44
country flag dazed1

RLY? and he had to do it on MATCH POINT? SURE!

Sportsmanship/fake humbleness at its best!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #45
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
sportsmanship and great champion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHX4oZw_W4

Like i said, shut your mouth.
gee, smashing rackets and cursing great sportsmanhip?

Closed Thread