All ok with Nadal at Wimbledon? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #31
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All ok with Nadal at Wimbledon?

Let's not get paranoid, he was simply too tired both emotionally and physically from the clay court season and didn't have the best preparation for grass or the best day last Thursday. Things happen. Actually best of 3 on grass will be shorter and if he'll regain his focus there's no reason he couldn't do well at the Olympics. *one can hope, right?*

Last edited by MariaV : 07-02-2012 at 12:12 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really care what he does at the Olympics. Since he already has a gold medal I don't think winning another one would mean that much for his career.
And they only give 750 ranking points to the winner.
I'd rather see him win Toronto or Cincinnati.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #33
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and he'll be called the Olympic Champion forever.
And one positive side - now he won't be too exhausted for the autumn - end of season like he usually has been.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
I don't really care what he does at the Olympics. Since he already has a gold medal I don't think winning another one would mean that much for his career.
And they only give 750 ranking points to the winner.
I'd rather see him win Toronto or Cincinnati.
Actually if he wins again the Olympics he would be the first and only player in history to win 2 singles gold medals on 2 different surfaces where Rio 2016 is still ahead and may be on clay, not sure. Could well be a potential 3rd gold medal on yet another surface. That achievement would never be beaten. Think about it.

I would choose this year's Olympics over USO for sure.
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #35
country flag MariaV

LOL Foxy getting carried away.
You were at Wimbledon too?

Edit: btw these could be just some gnat bites. We have soooooooooo many gnats this summer.

Last edited by MariaV : 07-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #36
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

we don't need Olympics, he got one gold already, we need more slams

another topic: Maria, how can we get the no. of top posters in a thread like you do for Action Jackson in that rafa got beaten by Rosol thread? Yes, he made the most number of posts and he is a fedtard

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #37
country flag MariaV

Mimi, when you go one step/page back to the page with the thread titles, there are the columns - Replies, with the number of replies in each thread. Can you see that? When you click the left side of the mouse on this number, the list of posters and number of posts by them in this thread appears. Hope I was clear enough.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #38
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

i got it, many thanks Maria

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #39
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Its a fact, you remember those injections on Rafa's left knee during his match?
He has tendinitis and has pulled out of AlmaNadal
That is what he meant by saying: Everything I say now will sound like an excuse
Rafa is the GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #40
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Well, his knee tendinitis isn't a new issue.

It's been an ongoing problem for years and it will remain an issue for him.

So, it's a matter of dealing with that issue as best as possible.

In that sense, the Rosol defeat should come without an excuse.
He lost fair and square.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #41
country flag MariaV

Quote:
I want to apologize to all, I suffer a tendinitis and I can't to play against Novak for Alma Nadal. I share with you my apologies, in particular to the fans that had already purchased a ticket to such a good cause.
From his FB. Now that's....
He obviously played too much during the clay court season. And this is the result. As Hilde said, he should've dealt with it better.

I see the even will be postponed.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #42
country flag Mimi

who is Alma Nadal?

Old 07-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #43
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
who is Alma Nadal?
It's just how this charity exhibition match in Madrid vs Djokovic was called I think. Alma means smth like 'soul' in Spanish if I'm right.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #44
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
It's just how this charity exhibition match in Madrid vs Djokovic was called I think. Alma means smth like 'soul' in Spanish if I'm right.
thanks Maria, i thought this could be the name of Rafa's grand ma

Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
country flag MariaV

Hehe Mimi, I don't know his gradmas names but I doubt it.
You're welcome, and thanks for all your reps, queen of reps!
Hope you're doing well and your boss is not too bad.