All ok with Nadal at Wimbledon? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All ok with Nadal at Wimbledon?

Still would be an amazing year if he won another master 1000, WTF, USO and an Olympic gold
Then he'll have
2 GS
1 GS RU
1 OG
3 M1000
WTF
How would you rank this year in Rafa's years
Rafa is the GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

i don't have high hope for us open to be honest, lots of big hitters can beat him. Overall, not a bad year, would be better if he could win the AO when he was 1 or 2 points away from a 5:2 lead in the final set

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
country flag TheShowMustGoOn
Rafa

TheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond reputeTheShowMustGoOn has a reputation beyond repute

He wont win US or Olympics.. 3 sets on grass.. unlikely these days. And Novak has the US sewn up already.
TheShowMustGoOn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #19

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Just asking where you would place it on Rafa's best years, if he did
Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

We should be happy he fought to make it to 5th set. There is absolutely nothing he can do to stop Rosol today. Rosol had everything on his side today from the luck to the conditions etc.

He has absolutely zero chance of winning the Olympics. But wouldn't write him out about US Open and post US Open tournaments where all players would be worn out and now Rafa can rest and start freshly the second part of the summer season.

A very big negative is that he will be seeded 3rd for the time being. Probably until WTF at least. Also bye, bye year end N1.
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #21
country flag karool

karool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
We should be happy he fought to make it to 5th set. There is absolutely nothing he can do to stop Rosol today. Rosol had everything on his side today from the luck to the conditions etc.

He has absolutely zero chance of winning the Olympics. But wouldn't write him out about US Open and post US Open tournaments where all players would be worn out and now Rafa can rest and start freshly the second part of the summer season.

A very big negative is that he will be seeded 3rd for the time being. Probably until WTF at least. Also bye, bye year end N1.
That. I don't believe in his chances at the olympics either. But for the USO, he'll have chances. In the last two years, he played better at the USO than that Wimbledon. Also, at the USO, we have a high bounce, more than AO, and more than at Wimbledon.

This Wimbledon was so weird, I couldn't see Rafa ok in any moment. His footwork wasn't good, neither his ROS. Only his serve, if he can keep that it's a positive thing.
karool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

he should focus on US Open and WTF. It would be nice if he wins one of these
62 Titles | 26 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 126 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 674 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #23
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_clay View Post
he should focus on US Open and WTF. It would be nice if he wins one of these
Cinci, Shanghai or Paris would be a nice consolation as well. Don't you think?
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Cinci, Shanghai or Paris would be a nice consolation as well. Don't you think?
I believe WTF is more crucial. Rafa really needs to win it at least once to make his achievements more complete
62 Titles | 26 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 126 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 674 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think this defeat is worrying in regard with Nadal's health. His mind was never on Wimbledon ever since Euro2012 started. He has arrived today in Kiev to watch the final live accompanied by Pau Gasol and Fernando Alonso. I don't think Rafa is disappointed he lost at SW19.

He can do with his life whatever he likes but in this case he should have not entered Wimbledon at all. He should have come up with an injury/exhaustion excuse and just pass on the tournament GS or not.

I find his focus not being that much on tennis anymore, maybe he wants to just enjoy life - go fishing, play golf, shooting ads, spending time on his hobbies like football etc. No problem but if that is so just leave the game and tell your fans you have new priorities.

I on my part do not expect from Rafa to win anything significant anymore. He'll probably keep hanging in, reaching a couple of SF/F and not winning a title. For me Olympics and WTF are of no importance, meaningless titles. But USOpen is quite different story. Unfortunately he's not winning it again. IMO he will retire after this season.

Last edited by Aenea : 07-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Aenea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #26

You are not a Rafan, but a Rafahater, you are an even big fan as !Vamos Rafa!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
You are not a Rafan, but a Rafahater, you are an even big fan as !Vamos Rafa!
Are you talking to me?

I see. Another newbie thinking s/he knows who is who on this board

Where is sokk btw? I don't see her around anymore. Wasn't she just as big a fan as the one here above?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #28

I aint being a newbie, I'm a bigger Rafa fan than any of you in this form and in the world
Sorry if you misunderstood me
I just mwant that you should believe in Rafa more and not let this loss get to you
Old 07-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #29
country flag karool

karool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond reputekarool has a reputation beyond repute

Que espectáculo!!! creo que nadie podrá igualar lo q hemos hecho!!! Que rabia no haber podido estar en Kiev!!! Felicidades ESPAÑA!!

Amazing!! I think It will be very difficult for anyone to repeat this. What a shame not being in kiev!! Congratulations SPAIN!!!

-----

From Rafa's Facebook. So I think he didn't go to Kiev. There's no photo of him there too.

The point is: his game didn't work this time. I don't know what kind of things he missed, if there was a physical problem. But in 4 matches on grass this year, he didn't show in any of them a game for grass. Was defensive, his footwork was weird, and his ROS was awful. He has to work very hard if he wants to have a chance on Olympic games. Vamos!
karool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #30
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Some fans noticed those dots on his left knee. I don't know if it's from injections or something else.

Last edited by Just like heaven : 07-02-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote