I have discovered the key to success. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have discovered the key to success.

I became league champions with my team a couple of weeks ago and just won my first singles title since 2005.

The difference with previous years? I havn't put in a single hour of training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
country flag lowy

lowy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I have discovered the key to success.

Hahaha funny that, my doubles partner and I are having the best tennis season we have had for years because my doubles partners game has grown in leaps and bounds of late. His secret... he no longer gets any tennis coaching, and he rarely hits except in competition. Very strange indeed!

My conclusions are that he has inadvertently conditioned his match mentality and tuned his tennis strokes for competition level play by avoiding lesser lower level play that he would have encountered having a casual hit. I think sometimes if we play too much casual tennis (esp with bad balls, bad players etc) we can accidently un-calibrate our game.
Djocos flat laserbeam shot
Gasquets T/S backhand
Rafas work ethic and nerve
Federers angled slice chip shots
Edbergs Volleys

TENNIS ATTACK
lowy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

If it is indeed truly helping you play better tennis by not practicing/training, then congrats, you are part of a very small minority. I mean really, you should have changed the title to "I have discovered the key to success for me," because what top player ever gets far without practice? Sure we all know, McEnroe barely practiced but remember, he played a lot of doubles so it probably balanced out anyways. Lendl trained hard for hours on end, Federer & Nadal the same, etc. Perhaps you may be training too hard is what may have caused you problems in the past? If you compare Federer and Nadal on the practice courts, their intensity is very different, yet they both produce magic in real matches. Federer seems to just enjoy the tennis so he plays on the practice courts very casually while Nadal plays almost as hard as he does when playing an actual match. I personally take a Federer-ish approach when practicing. I use the time of practicing to play trick shots, to concentrate on the feeling of the ball, making sure my timing is okay and most importantly keeping the serve in tune which is something I heavily struggle with (especially the toss) when I haven't had much practice. I don't really push myself when chasing balls or even hitting. At the gym I'll push myself, but I do find that on court praciticing, it is best spent having a good time for me.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

I've put in the hours in my youth, so for me personally it's not about improving my game in a technical sense anymore. I think this is all about match mentality, when I don't train there's no pressure in the matches since I'm not expecting anything. I used to choke a lot, but now I simply don't care about winning or losing anymore and it seems to work for me. I've won my second tournament too and now have a 11 match winning streak, two more tournaments with tougher competition than the previous ones coming up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Not really caring really clears the mind. I have bageled my hitting partner once I have turned out with a minor cold and decided that I do not give a damn.
Too much thinking screws up the score.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote