Captain Clément in Charge - Davis Cup - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #91
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I overslept But hopefully I can find a video to watch it again.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #92
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Captain Clément in Charge - Davis Cup 2013

The video http://pepsie.org/L_Equipe21_09-01-13.mp4

Thanks to pepsie & loulou
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #93
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the video. Arno is very careful about what he says so nothing special to sum up. It appears that's for him the notion of group is very important.

Otherwise in l'equipe today Llodra reveals that during the day with the RAID they simulate a hostage taking. The players against the staff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stage.jpg (173.9 KB, 12 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #94
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview, I like the atmosphere on the set.
I stoped counting his "voilà" after 30, (at the half ! lol)

The revue de presse (his portrait) was quite funny, the guy telling his former passion for Céline Dion, then the beginning of the his story with Nolwenn

I'm curious to know what Arnaud will do with Gael !!!

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #95
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say that according l'equipe Arno would be back in France but not Amelie. I hope it's true It's just a sentence in a long article about the players and why they live abroad. As he spend more times in Aix it' would logicial let's hope a confirmation.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #96
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Merci soulage, it's very interesting, this week I was thinking about arnaud (avec toute la polémique depardieu), je me demandais s'il était toujours résidant suisse ou pas. It seems he's back, yes (well, "back" is quite ironical, he never really left !), but I guess it's symply because he didn' earn much money the last 2 years to be interested by the tax exile.
I agree with Benetteau and Simon, their status is quite different, we don't know all the things, and as Gillou said, many people who criticize would probably do the same of they were tennismen. I don't say it's a nice thing to do, but I can understand them (pas cet idiot de belgo-russe !!)

Guy Forget
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #97
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Merci soulage, it's very interesting, this week I was thinking about arnaud (avec toute la polémique depardieu), je me demandais s'il était toujours résidant suisse ou pas. It seems he's back, yes (well, "back" is quite ironical, he never really left !), but I guess it's symply because he didn' earn much money the last 2 years to be interested by the tax exile.
I agree with Benetteau and Simon, their status is quite different, we don't know all the things, and as Gillou said, many people who criticize would probably do the same of they were tennismen. I don't say it's a nice thing to do, but I can understand them (pas cet idiot de belgo-russe !!)
i am thinking of depardieu right away too

so what is benneteau and simon going to do? sorry google can't translate the image.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #98
country flag soulage

Bennet and Simon try to explain why they decided to live in switzerland. Players who won a medal in OG have receive a french decoration Ordre du Mérite and as they live abroad they're a lot of buzz. Since the departure of Depardieu ann even before since the governement decided a new taxe people talk a lot about persons who decided to leave France for money reasons. There are nothing in common between Depardieu and tennis players but with that buzz they are a lot of questions about that. Can you play for your country and live abroad to have more money ?

Arno seems to have decide to come back and live in france again maybe he will be asked in the press conferences during DC. Otherwise he is yet in Melbourne he has a lot of work to do and as frenchies was given many bad draw he could see many losses. First selection of the new captain will be announced soon
Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #99
country flag Marine

Via, more info about this polemic about this tax, it's quite interesting to understand French and money, I think it's very specific to our country lol
here http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...sm-brain-drain

I don't have good feelings about a possible french exploit in Melbourne this year. Wait and see...

Guy Forget
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #100
country flag soulage

First selection made with five names Tsonga, Gasquet, Llodra, Benneteau and Chardy

http://www.fft.fr/actualites/fil-d-i...etre-vigilants

Quote:
Arnaud Clément a décidé de retenir Tsonga, Gasquet, Llodra, Benneteau et Chardy pour le 1er tour de la Coupe Davis disputé du 1er au 3 février à Rouen, face à l’équipe d’Israël. Le capitaine explique ses choix.

Arnaud, quels joueurs avez-vous retenus pour affronter Israël, à Rouen, les 1er, 2 et 3 février prochains ?
J’ai retenu cinq joueurs : Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Richard Gasquet, Julien Benneteau, Michaël Llodra et Jérémy Chardy.
Jérémy Chardy est-il sélectionné en tant que cinquième joueur ou sera-t-il susceptible d’intégrer l’équipe ?
De façon générale, pour chaque rencontre, je souhaite partir sur des sélections de cinq joueurs. Dans mon esprit, il ne s’agit pas de quatre joueurs d’un côté et d’un remplaçant de l’autre. C’est vraiment une sélection de cinq joueurs. Lors du stage, je verrai alors comment ça se passe. C’est seulement à ce moment-là, par rapport à la forme de chacun, que je ferai mon choix final. Mais aujourd’hui, au moment d’annoncer cette sélection, dans mon esprit, c’est vraiment un groupe de cinq joueurs. Et aucun n’est en retrait par rapport aux autres.
Pouvez-vous commenter vos choix ?
J’ai eu de bons « problèmes » si on peut dire, ici, à Melbourne ! Il y a énormément de Français en pleine forme et il y a eu beaucoup de bons résultats, avec quatre joueurs en huitièmes de finale aujourd’hui. « Jo » (Tsonga) est en quart et il est 8e au classement ATP. Richard (Gasquet) figure, lui aussi, dans le Top 10 mondial. Il a perdu face à Jo en huitième, mais malgré cela, il a vraiment réussi son Open d’Australie.
J’ai choisi également Michaël Llodra, d’une part pour son expérience de la compétition, mais également pour sa forme du moment. Il n’a pas gagné de matches en simple à Melbourne, à cause d’un tirage au sort pas très sympa (NDLR : défaite face à Tsonga au premier tour), et en double, il a joué de malchance puisque Nicolas Mahut s’est blessé et qu’ils ont dû abandonner. Sans cette blessure, je pense qu’ils auraient pu aller loin et sur ce que j’ai vu, « Mika » était vraiment en forme. De son côté, Julien Benneteau a montré de très belles choses en début de saison, avec sa demi-finale à Sydney. Et ici, à Melbourne, il perd en cinq set au troisième tour face à un Top 10 (NDLR : Janko Tipsarevic). Enfin, Jérémy Chardy a enchaîné de gros matches, d’où mon choix. Je me suis bien sûr posé des questions par rapport à Gilles Simon, qui est 16e mondial et qui était lui aussi en huitième de finale ici en Australie. Son fonds de jeu est très solide, mais j’avais vraiment des incertitudes quant à son physique. Il a eu pas mal de pépins et j’ai donc décidé de ne pas le retenir sur cette rencontre. Il reste l'un des joueurs sur lesquels je compte sur cette campagne.
La France part largement favorite de cette rencontre sur le papier. Comment comptez-vous maintenir vos joueurs en « éveil » ?
J’ai cette expérience, et les joueurs l’ont aussi, de savoir qu’aucun match n’est gagné à l’avance. Même si on est favoris sur le papier, on sait qu’en face l’équipe d’Israël aime la Coupe Davis et s’arrache à chaque rencontre pour défendre ses couleurs. Tous les joueurs israéliens ont pour habitude de se donner à fond. On ne gagne pas des matches de tennis grâce au classement sur le papier. Il faut être meilleur le jour J. Je suis très axé là-dessus, sur la préparation, sur la concentration. Et je suis sûr qu’aujourd’hui, mon équipe a cette expérience. Mon rôle est de leur rappeler, mais je suis persuadé que tous mes joueurs en sont très conscients.
Pensez-vous qu’il s’agit d’un match piège ?
Pour moi, c’est un match, voilà tout. Il s’agit d’un premier tour de Coupe Davis, dans le groupe mondial. Et si on ne gagne pas ce premier tour, on ne sera pas au deuxième ! On a vu à Melbourne que les joueurs français étaient très en forme mais, une fois encore, on sait que la Coupe Davis est une compétition à part et qu’il faudra vraiment prendre les matches très au sérieux pour les gagner. Les Israéliens ont eux aussi remporté quelques matches ici, en simple comme en double. Ils sont en confiance. Il faudra être très vigilants de notre côté. Et on le sera.
La France possède aujourd’hui trois membres du Top 20. Estimez-vous avoir les joueurs, l’équipe, pour remporter la Coupe Davis dès cette année ?
On sait qu’il faut gagner rencontre après rencontre, mais mon objectif en tant que capitaine, comme l’objectif des joueurs, est de remporter cette compétition. On a disputé une finale il n’y a pas longtemps (2010), puis une demi-finale (2011). On sait qu’il y a d’énormes équipes en face comme l’Espagne, la Serbie, la République tchèque ou encore les Etats-Unis. Mais on fait partie de ces équipes qui potentiellement peuvent gagner l’épreuve. Ce sera dur, mais on ne s’en cache pas : c’est notre objectif. »
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #101
country flag Marine

Ca y est, he's really a captain, he made his selection !
The choice of 5 players, and his arguments ("I take 5 players who can play, not 4 players + 1 sparring partner") sounds so much like Forget!

The selection is quite logical. Gasquet is useless of course, but well...
I prefer to see Chardy rather than Simon, who's never been good in Davis Cup. I keep a good memory of Jeremy's match against Austria, and the guy was so touched an happy to be there, the perfect DC player. Good to see him back in the team !

Guy Forget
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #102
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

not only that, he also speaks like a captain!

i forgot to attend the israelis matches... i wasn't thinking like a captain.

dc often has tough marathon matches, it's hard to pick simon or monfils after that match
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #103
country flag soulage

Yes langue de bois speaking

Arno confirmed he's back living in France http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-...12/story.shtml and he's already flying back to France today and won't see the quarters with Jo and Jeremy.*

Audio http://www.rtl.fr/actualites/sport/t...rdy-7757186049

video about Chardy

Last edited by soulage : 01-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #104
country flag soulage

In transit in Singapour he gave a phone conference to french medias.

Some of the transcriptions here http://www.tennismagazine.fr/arnaud-..._52_a_760.html and there http://www.sport24.com/tennis/coupe-...-gagner-610991

I think google translation can help you. It's more interesting than the FFT one He speak about the double team for exemple.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #105
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
In transit in Singapour
When ????? My uncle is at this moment in the flight Singapour/Paris, maybe he's in the same plane! lol

I'm suprised to know he already left Australia while there still are Frenchies, what a pity !!!

Guy Forget