Captain Clément in Charge - Davis Cup - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #61
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Captain Clément in Charge - Davis Cup 2013

good luck le capitaine

The french team is turning up at sydney next year, including jo and gael who don't normally play here. i wonder if the captain will turn up too to run a little training camp?
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #62
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about Sydney, but one thing is sure, he'll be in Melbourne, like Forget used to do.
When does Sydney start ?

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #63
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I don't know about Sydney, but one thing is sure, he'll be in Melbourne, like Forget used to do.
When does Sydney start ?
a week before melbourne. guy forget didn't used to go there at all.

melbourne i'm still going, but now i don't go for the qualies
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #64
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
but now i don't go for the qualies
No need anymore
Arnaud will stay at the tournament until the last frenchy, it lets you more chance to find him still there after the third day...

Guy Forget
Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #65
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, is anyone going to Rouen? Maybe we could meet up at some point. It's always fun to meet fellow mtf'ers.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #66
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post

By the way, is anyone going to Rouen? Maybe we could meet up at some point. It's always fun to meet fellow mtf'ers.
I'm not going.
Via... ?? lol

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 11-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #67
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
No need anymore
Arnaud will stay at the tournament until the last frenchy, it lets you more chance to find him still there after the third day...
true, for arno fans our watching habits will have to adjust

good thing that i do watch a lot of frenchies, but i don't think i'll carry the french flag anymore, maybe the hat.

i'd love to go to davis cup, but not deep in europe winter too bad australia is still rotting in the asian group for another year
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #68
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I like a lot of Frenchies too, so now we can watch them with Arnaud and discuss their game. Though I should quickly improve my French for that. I will carry my flag, Mika, Nico, Gilou and Benny signed it too. And I do actively support them, so my flag still is usable. It helps that it's not huge

They should make the 2nd or semi then against a European opponent, so you can come over in the summer.

Last edited by Kezzi : 11-06-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #69
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I like a lot of Frenchies too, so now we can watch them with Arnaud and discuss their game. Though I should quickly improve my French for that. I will carry my flag, Mika, Nico, Gilou and Benny signed it too. And I do actively support them, so my flag still is usable. It helps that it's not huge

They should make the 2nd or semi then against a European opponent, so you can come over in the summer.
you are optimistic arno would be glad to hear it (not about me going over to see him )

i think if he knows you speak english, he'll use you for practice
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #70
country flag Kezzi

Also about you coming over! It must be nice to know that his fans still like him enough to travel to him.

I would be happy to help him with that, though I think he already found a great sparring partner for English in his girlfriend. He probably doesn't want to speak English with a Dutch accent and I want him to keep the cute French one.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #71
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

As a captain he will to do some speech in english maybe he will do nightmares like before Australian Open final

I don't know the aime of that meeting but there is an interview of Arno in a local newspaper. He's speaking of himself a little bit. http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...PITAINE-FLAMME Bottom the google translation but like Arno it's not great english so ask if you don't understand a sentence

Quote:
France / World - ARNAUD CLEMENT The new captain of the Blues is guided by a passion for tennis
CAPTAIN FLAME

Arnaud Clement will not have to gamberger about his conversion. Just his snowshoes definitely rows, Aix immediately coated to 34 years, tracksuit captain of France's Davis Cup. Taking over from Guy Forget, "Key" continues to live his passion full-time tennis, hoping to lead the Blues to a success that eludes them since 2001. Official debut? In February, during a first round affordable priori against Israel.

You now follow the games installed in the grandstand. You do not have ants in your pants?

"Frankly, not at all. The competition does not really miss. Maybe in a few years, I need my fix again personal goals, such as marathons, for example. But for now, there is no nostalgia. I did also thinking during the U.S. Open, when the guys came back on court in a heat wave, presumably to play four or five hours, well, I told myself that I would not have wanted to be place, whereas before I would have loved. Of course, I still need to spend myself, so I do a lot of sports, and even tennis, but now with friends, just for the fun of the game "

Fun, love your sport, this is what seems to have guided you throughout your career, no?

"Always. Including in my last year, I was much less classified. Play a Grand Slam or a small Challenger (note: a secondary ATP tournament), I always approached it with the same desire and passion for the game go on all these events organized in France, Orleans Quimper, Rennes, allowed me to stay in contact with the public, volunteers, and I love the relationship with tennis fans. I share with them the same love of the sport. '

Have you scheduled your retirement player?

"No, not really. In early 2012, I did not know where I was going. I do not excluais continue another season, but at my age, it was better to see As. I was aware of being close to the end. I knew that I was going at least until Roland Garros and Wimbledon. And Guy (Forget) announced he was quitting the captaincy of the Davis Cup. I knew I wanted to continue to invest myself in my sport, and this opportunity was a very exciting challenge. '

Very quickly, was unanimity around your name. Flattered?

"I did not really pay attention to what was said in the press or elsewhere. What mattered to me, c'' was the opinion of the players and feel their approval. The rest is done quite naturally. '

Specifically, how do you see your role?

"I will work in line with what is Guy, who was a great captain. After that, we do not have the same personality, not the same sensitivity, so there will inevitably be differences. But the base is very healthy. Davis Cup, I really like considering a competition that should highlight the collective and the concept of sharing. A team is always stronger than the sum of individuals. For the rest, I'm obviously regular French players, I exchange with their families, their staffs. I look the way they work, their state of mind. I do not have the same look about them when I was also on the tour. '

France has now many highly ranked players. How is it that the Blues are no longer taxed since 2001?

"We still played two finals since (2002, 2010), so it is not really passed away. And we are not alone in having big potential and not the reality. We lacked success at times, even though it is obviously not enough. '

Do you know already what players you will support?

"We have many players who are mature, who stored experience. There is at least one group of 7, 8 elements may apply and it may even expand based on the results. My thinking is permanent. It will make choices, and finally, it is not something I dread. Remember so and so rather than another, it's part of the game, and have the opportunity to choose, it is actually a chance because some nations do not have this tank. '

course

> Arnaud Clement was born December 17, 1977 in Aix-en-Provence (Bouches-du-Rhône). His partner is the singer Nolwenn Leroy.
> Despite the modest size (1.72 m to 72 kg), he was able to integrate, in 2001, the Top 10 players in the world, thanks to a great fighting spirit and exceptional endurance. He also holds the record for the longest match played at Roland Garros, lost in 2004 match against compatriot Fabrice Santoro after 6 h 33 exchange.
> He won four tournaments on the ATP Tour, and has reached, in 2001, the final of the Australian Open, after which he lost to Andre Agassi. It is also distinguished double Mickaël Llodra associated with, winning Paris-Bercy (2006) and Wimbledon (2007).
> A Davis Cup (2001) is also included in his list, even if, after taking part in the entire qualifying campaign, he did not participate in the final.
> He ended his playing career last June, after being eliminated in qualifying at Wimbledon. In the process, he was appointed captain of France's Davis Cup, replacing Guy Forget.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #72
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

As he was in Rouen yesterday they made a press conference http://www.76actu.fr/tennis-coupe-da...a-rouen_14868/ and Arno answered questions of journalists about Davis Cup

Quote:
Tennis: « Ça va résonner fort »

TENNIS. En visite hier à Rouen à l'invitation de son ami Tsonga, Arnaud Clément, le capitaine de l'équipe de France, a déjà hâte de venir disputer le 1er tour de Coupe Davis contre Israël, début février au Kindarena.

Arnaud Clément (à gauche), ici en compagnie de Fabrice Santoro, a découvert et apprécié la Kindarena. « J'ai rarement vu des salles aussi modernes, aussi grandes, aussi fonctionnelles. » (photo Boris Maslard)

Cette fois, ses bandanas et ses lunettes profilées, accessoires qui lui donnaient ce look si caractéristique, sont bel et bien remisés au placard. « Ils ne bougent plus et je ne les vends pas car ce sont des modèles qu'on ne trouve plus dans le commerce ! », sourit Arnaud Clément. L'Aixois, qui a pris sa retraite de joueur fin juin après une dernière apparition en double à Wimbledon, occupe désormais le costume - hier, c'était plutôt un polo - de capitaine de l'équipe de France de Coupe Davis, et il lui va manifestement bien au teint. L'ancien n°10 mondial est en effet apparu souriant et décontracté dans les coursives du Kindarena de Rouen, où il est venu évoquer le futur 1er tour de la compétition (épreuve qu'il a d'ailleurs remportée en 2001 avec les Bleus), contre Israël, qui sera organisé dans la capitale haut-normande du 1er au 3 février prochains. Et sa nouvelle vie de capitaine, bien sûr.

A la découverte du Kindarena

« C'est une salle que je découvre. Elle est réellement magnifique. J'en ai fait pas mal en France, et j'ai rarement vu des salles aussi modernes, aussi grandes, aussi fonctionnelles. Je suis séduit, sincèrement. Je suis persuadé que le public se déplacera en nombre car je sais que les Normands, et les Rouennais en particulier, sont passionnés de sport. Ça va résonner fort ! Tous les conditions seront réunies pour vivre un très beau 1er tour. Y compris au niveau du revêtement (NDLR : le GreenSet) : j'ai des joueurs multi-surfaces mais certains ont obtenu de très bons résultats en indoor récemment, notamment à Bercy (NDLR : Llodra et Simon demi-finalistes). Ce sera ma première rencontre en tant que capitaine et je suis non seulement très heureux qu'elle se déroule en France, mais aussi très heureux qu'elle se déroule ici, dans cet endroit. »

Une génération dorée... et titrée ?

« Il y a énormément de grands joueurs dans l'équipe (NDLR : Tsonga 8e mondial, Gasquet 10e, Simon 16e, Chardy 31e, Benneteau 34e... et Monfils, retombé à la 78e place). En plus de leur niveau intrinsèque, ils ont maintenant de la bouteille et l'expérience de la Coupe Davis, une compétition exigeante et complètement différente du reste du circuit (la France a atteint la finale en 2010, face à la Serbie). C'est un atout supplémentaire et, aujourd'hui, on fait partie des prétendants au titre. D'ailleurs, je n'ai pas peur de le dire : notre objectif est de la regagner, de ramener de nouveau le saladier en France, dès l'année prochaine. A travers les discussions que j'ai pu avoir avec les joueurs, c'est aussi leur objectif... ça tombe bien ! »

Vis ma vie de capitaine

« Je ne me place pas en comparaison avec ce que Guy (Forget) faisait. Je suis extrêmement proche de lui, j'ai énormément de respect pour lui comme capitaine et c'est même au-delà d'un capitaine pour moi, on a des liens très forts. Il n'y aura pas de révolution ! Moi, je fais avec mes sensations, j'avance au fur et à mesure, en suivant mon instinct. Mon emploi du temps est bien sûr un petit peu différent depuis trois mois. En résumé, c'est moins exigeant physiquement mais beaucoup plus mentalement car je n'ai plus que moi à penser... Je fais moins de déplacements. J'étais quand même à Bercy et j'irai à l'Open d'Australie et je donnerai ma sélection de là-bas. Sinon, dès qu'un match d'un Français est retransmis, je suis devant ma télé. Je regarde, j'en profite pour échanger avec les entraîneurs des joueurs, leur entourage et bien sûr les joueurs eux-mêmes. Il y a une nécessité de réflexion permanente sur beaucoup de sujets. »

Réservations dès le 5 décembre

Les licenciés de la FFT pourront réserver des billets pour France - Israël dès le 5 décembre, dans la limite de 40 % de la jauge totale. Le grand public pourra quant à lui accéder aux sésames, dans différents points de vente, à partir du 10 décembre (tarifs : de 15 à 40 €).
Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #73
country flag Via

Quote:
Cette fois, ses bandanas et ses lunettes profilées, accessoires qui lui donnaient ce look si caractéristique, sont bel et bien remisés au placard. « Ils ne bougent plus et je ne les vends pas car ce sont des modèles qu'on ne trouve plus dans le commerce ! », sourit Arnaud Clément.

btw ticket prices of de 15 à 40 € are not expensive. just for one match?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #74
country flag Kezzi

I do hope those prices are for 1 day. If they're just for one match I think that's very expensive!
€15-€40 is average IMO, not expensive, but not cheap either. I paid €40 for the final in Serbia, 3 days and best category seats. But I do realize that DC in eastern Europe is a lot cheaper than over here.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #75
country flag soulage

More precise on prices http://www.fft.fr/coupe-davis-fed-cu...os-billetterie

Quote:
Vendredi 40,00 € | 30,00 € | 15,00 €
Samedi 35,00 € | 25,00 € | 10,00 €
Dimanche 40,00 € | 30,00 € | 15,00 €