Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #706
country flag Alaify

Alaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
You win some, you lose some. This is not going to be the end of the world. I hope Novak will recover soon from this match and then let the Olympics come along. I can´t wait to see that tournament, it always has a special feel to me and Nole has some unfinished business left here after that heartbreaking semi in Beijing
Yep. True.

Arghhhhhh. Don't remind me that. That smash. Oh that smash killed me that day. I still think he remembers that point when he tries to smash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #707
country flag Tommy_likes_me

Tommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond repute

WTF, if Federer wins Wimbledon, he will become number 1? And I thought Nole will stay number one
Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #708
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaify View Post
Yep. True.

Arghhhhhh. Don't remind me that. That smash. Oh that smash killed me that day. I still think he remembers that point when he tries to smash.
I think we all do But in the end I think it has made him stronger.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #709
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well i dont care for the Olympics, so for me its nothing until USO.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #710
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Pretty much the same for me.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #711
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This is real class

Quote:
"No question about it, Roger was the better player," said Djokovic. "In the important moments he was aggressive, hitting from both sides. That's what you expect when you play against him in the final four of the Grand Slams. But I expected more from myself. I needed to be very consistent to win this match, and I wasn't. I had ups and downs throughout. Unfortunately the one that lasted for 15, 20 minutes at the end of the third and beginning of the fourth cost me the win today.

"What I did badly today was my first shot after the serve. I missed a lot of those. If you play the first shot defensively you are on the back foot and have very little chance to win the point."

Djokovic revealed afterwards that he had not been feeling well. "I had a bad last couple of day. But I don't want to talk about it now. I lost the match, not for the first or last time. I lost to a great champion, somebody who has the most Grand Slams in the history of the sport. I regret that I didn't play as well as I thought I would, but life goes on. This is sport. I have to move on."
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #712
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Presser: http://freedomtennis.wordpress.com/2...c-july-6-2012/

Ten Federer questions later...

Quote:
Q. He’s 30; he’s into an eighth Wimbledon final. Pretty extraordinary. For you out there facing him, what are the qualities about Roger Federer that are so tough?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You really like talking about Roger (smiling)? Every press conference you come up with questions about him. I have to repeat myself again.
Quote:
Q. What would Pierre say?
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #713
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Presser: http://freedomtennis.wordpress.com/2...c-july-6-2012/

Ten Federer questions later...

What an idiot this guy, pathetic fedtard.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #714
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

That was a cursed squirrel btw. It wouldn't come close to Nole unlike last year's squirrel. Pierre knew it too and tried to chase it off but Nole wouldn't listen. The match was lost right there.

This relationship was very cute

But the other one made a fool of Nole, forced him on his hands and knees

That he also wasn't feeling well the last couple of days(when this squirrel arrived) is no coincidence.
Post match analysis complete... I wish

Last edited by Amber Spyglass : 07-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #715
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Does Nole have any problem in his back? Because his overheads are really really bad and I can't see a reason for that.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #716
country flag mlle mila

mlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
But he cares A LOT about it remember the loss agt Rafa , fst time i saw him cry Hope he will have

his gold medal !

Glad i haven't seen the match i was in the train ! And go Andy this is your chance take it ! For all the

posters here we love him anyway
mlle mila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #717
country flag madhurib

madhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond repute

One more grand slam is over and one more bad day for us. Nothing new to talk about Novak's game he already did in press. What about his energy level especially in the beginning of the fourth set? It feels like we are going back in time where we would not know if he will win or lose.

No matter how arrogant Fed is I give him props. At this age one has to really appreciate the energy/interest he shows in the game is unbelievable.

Now I can freely cheer for Murray. Even though I am not a big fan of him I feel for that poor guy. Hopefully he will keep his nerves and beat the old man. It's not just because Novak keeps his ranking but I genuinely wish Murray win his first grand slam. Even if Murray wins here Fed has plenty of time before US OPEN to gain more points.
madhurib is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #718
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
That was a cursed squirrel btw. It wouldn't come close to Nole unlike last year's squirrel. Pierre knew it too and tried to chase it off but Nole wouldn't listen. The match was lost right there.

This relationship was very cute

But the other one made a fool of Nole, forced him on his hands and knees

That he also wasn't feeling well the last couple of days(when this squirrel arrived) is no coincidence.
Post match analysis complete... I wish

I believe this squirrel is an impersonator sent by the evil Fed team to give Nole the cold. Unfortunately, Pierre needs his nap, can't protect his daddy 24/7
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #719
country flag madhurib

madhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond reputemadhurib has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
The sad thing is that he has been playing very very well in this tournament... more so than last year up to this point even.
That's right. He has played very well so far in this tournament but made a mess of the match he should have won.
madhurib is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #720
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger was playing amazing tennis and Nole was low on energy. Roger served so well, and made so few UFEs. There are days like that.

Don't be sad. Andy could surprise us all and win on Sunday.

Never mind. Nole will bounce back, I'm sure.

Chin up, guys. Let's keep optimistic about the Olympics. Nole cares about that so much, that if he wins gold, it'll be like the Davis Cup: the beginning of great things.