Djokovic-Nadal as doubles partners - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Djokovic-Nadal as doubles partners

I don't remember the tournament but a couple of years ago they entered a tournament as doubles partners and got bounced in the first round. A couple of questions regarding this:
1. Besides motivation, why do you think they lost in the 1st round? (Not familiar with doubles play? Not good enough with volleys? Slower reaction times at the net?)
2. Would it be good for the game if these two or Federer and Murray entered doubles tournaments as well, and got deep in the tournament?
3. With modern racket technology, why don't we see more baseline rallies in doubles matches?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic-Nadal as doubles partners

It was in Toronto, they lost against canadian combination Vasek Pospisil/Milos Raonic. Was a great match.
outrider is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
country flag Ackms421

Ackms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YSMxlUj9U8

My favorite Federer and Nadal quotes following their 2008 Wimbledon final:

“But right now, it’s not much of a how do you say? a feel-good thing.”
-Roger Federer
"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?"
-Rafael Nadal
Ackms421 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
I don't remember the tournament but a couple of years ago they entered a tournament as doubles partners and got bounced in the first round. A couple of questions regarding this:
1. Besides motivation, why do you think they lost in the 1st round? (Not familiar with doubles play? Not good enough with volleys? Slower reaction times at the net?)
2. Would it be good for the game if these two or Federer and Murray entered doubles tournaments as well, and got deep in the tournament?
3. With modern racket technology, why don't we see more baseline rallies in doubles matches?
1. probably because they dont work well together. djokovic is not good at all at doubles and nadal isnt a strong enough partner to carry him

2. no it would not be good for the game

3. we see enough base line rallies in singles, we dont need to see that in doubles.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

honestly if you just watch the highlights the reason that they lost is because Djokovic is clueless in doubles tennis. almost all of the the points they won besides some lobs were because of Nadal, and the Canadians kept going after Novak because they knew he was unfamiliar with doubles.

Nadal is actually a quite good doubles player, he has good instinct and awesome net skills. maybe Djokovic would be better if he played doubles more often, but he doesn't seem to care to. Nadal does win doubles titles every now and then so

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Nole doesn't play doubles seriously except in DC, and even there only if it's a must I guess. He won one Queens in doubles though, not sure how Also played one match partnering with Murray, it looked like an exo for the two of them.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
honestly if you just watch the highlights the reason that they lost is because Djokovic is clueless in doubles tennis. almost all of the the points they won besides some lobs were because of Nadal, and the Canadians kept going after Novak because they knew he was unfamiliar with doubles.

Nadal is actually a quite good doubles player, he has good instinct and awesome net skills. maybe Djokovic would be better if he played doubles more often, but he doesn't seem to care to. Nadal does win doubles titles every now and then so
This

Nole sucks in doubles, Nadal is actually decent. Not amazing, mind you, but decent.

If he teamed with Olderer, they'd probably drop Bryan bros like a bad habit.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #8
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal .... the most ego-testicle player on tour doesn't make anyone look good unless they are his bitch. Gonzales, Granutjobbers, ... Let's fact it. Nadal always tries to cheat by playing doubles with with his closest rivals to learn their weaknesses. He tried to do this with Roger a few years ago but Roger bitch slapped him appropriately

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #9
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

nadal's weak serve
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #10
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
This

Nole sucks in doubles, Nadal is actually decent. Not amazing, mind you, but decent.

If he teamed with Olderer, they'd probably drop Bryan bros like a bad habit.
When they retire from singles, they will keep playing doubles to get 20 GS
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #11
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic was the weakest player on the court in that match, real poor volleys.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
country flag Crisstti

Crisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider View Post
It was in Toronto, they lost against canadian combination Vasek Pospisil/Milos Raonic. Was a great match.
Anyone knows if it's possible to watch the match anywhere?. Not just the highlights.

"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
Elie Wiesel.
Crisstti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #13
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting point. Murray plays doubles frequently with his bro, and Fed was a doubles gold medalist, so they might be a tough pair. But Fed isn't interested in doubles at his age, as evidenced by his DC match against America where they lost on clay in Switzerland.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #14
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, Murray and Federer on doubles, what will that be hate tennis. I don't see that happening it's not a secret that those two don't like each other.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #15
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

it would be so much fun to see Nole/Rafa against Fed/Murray in doubles. I guess that would be a match that the whole world would be watching. I'm drooling right now just thinking of this possibility :-)... let's say the final of Wimbledon ... OK, I just had an orgasm thinking about this, lol.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote