Who is more enjoyable to watch, Tipsarevic or Ferrer? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is more enjoyable to watch?

Tipsarevic 45 64.29%
Ferrer 25 35.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who is more enjoyable to watch, Tipsarevic or Ferrer?

Tipsarevic: One of the best shotmakers in the game. Beautiful/Great 2-handed backhand. Great serve for a guy of his highet. Involved in some epic matches, one of them was with Roger in AO 2008.

Ferrer: There is magic in every part of his game. Great shotmaker. He uses his known variety to win his match most of the times. Great touch at the net. He sometimes makes J-Mac looks average net player with average touch. Decent serve but very effortless and smooth serves motion. His forehand is one of the best in the game. Top 10 FH for sure. Backhand is rock solid but not as good as his FH. He also could out-slice someone like Tomic if he wanted to.

Can't deciede between the 2? Close call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
NBA All star game MVP awards:

Bieber 1
Federer 0

Forget popularity, Bieber is even a better athlete than the old man.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is more enjoyable to watch, Tipsarevic or Ferrer?

I like Ferrer a lot, but he is not known as a great shotmaker. Also his net game is only solid. Ferrer's main strengths are his work-ethic and ability to dictate with forehand.

Tipsy to me is more enjoyable.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

neither

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Tipsarevic: One of the best shotmakers in the game. Beautiful/Great 2-handed backhand. Great serve for a guy of his highet. Involved in some epic matches, one of them was with Roger in AO 2008.

Ferrer: There is magic in every part of his game. Great shotmaker. He uses his known variety to win his match most of the times. Great touch at the net. He sometimes makes J-Mac looks average net player with average touch. Decent serve but very effortless and smooth serves motion. His forehand is one of the best in the game. Top 10 FH for sure. Backhand is rock solid but not as good as his FH. He also could out-slice someone like Tomic if he wanted to.

Can't deciede between the 2? Close call.
Great stuff

Tipsy of course. His talent is actually deserving of a place in the top 10 and he's great to watch. I still remember that epic with Federer in Australia, as well as his wins over Roddick at Grand Slam level. The talent was always there and he was always capable of taking it to the top players, only the commitment was missing for too long.

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 06-21-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy, cuz of his shades
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
I like Ferrer a lot, but he is not known as a great shotmaker. Also his net game is only solid. Ferrer's main strengths are his work-ethic and ability to dictate with forehand.

Tipsy to me is more enjoyable.

You mean push?
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Tipsy > Peak Ferrer
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer and it's not even close
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

You described Tipsy pretty good, but Ferrer´s description....

Ferrer is known for his stamina-fitness, his FH is not top 10, is good FH, but there are many better FH´s on the tour, his deffense, speed, consistency - minimum UE and world-class ROS are winning him matches not his shotmaking skills or his net game or serve.

From those 2 clearly Tipsy is more fun to watch.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I don't dislike watching Tipsarevic but I like watching Ferrer : he plays inside the court, he's not a defender, rather tries to dictate to his opponent.

Besides, I've always found Tipsy's shots a bit too "closed" : when he's not in good form, he easily puts his shots into the net or short, as if something was hampering him.

But when he plays well (and it has happened often for a year) he's entertaining as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post

You mean push?
yes that's the good word : when he's not on form, Tipsy's gestures look like he's "pushing" the ball rather than hitting, it seems the ball doesn't really go out of his racket.

I agree that Ferrer's game is more about dictating, very different from Simon for instance.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy because of his sunglasses.
outrider is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsrevic is more enjoyable to watch, because he has a very attractive style, he is quite a shotmaker and his flat forehand is amazing.
Ferrer is less exciting to watch, but he is definitely the stronger player between the two.

Both are fantastic players

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy because he's the same star sign as me.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsarevic, as much as I loathe him, has a more interesting game and personality in comparison to Ferrer.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsarevic is way more interesting on and off the court. Ferrer is boring. Yea, nice work ethics, but I rly don't care about that, I want to watch atractive tennis. For a TOP5 contender, he has very boring game
uxyzapenje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote