Andy Murray: "I've never felt like putting my foot through something, but it happens" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Murray: "I've never felt like putting my foot through something, but it happens"

He doesn't exactly defend Nalbandian for what he did, but he does criticize Queens for allowing an on-court interview afterwards:

Quote:

Nalbandian, who was still clearly upset, made criticisms of the Association of Tennis Professionals in his interview, which did not help his cause.

"They should have taken him off the court and protected him," Murray said. "He ended up saying things that he probably didn't mean to say, but you've got to protect the players. He was very angry. You could see clearly that he was still arguing. He was shaking his head when he was walking up [to the microphone] and as soon as he said 'but' they should have taken the microphone away.

"In any other sport, if someone flips out or snaps, you don't stick a microphone in their face and try and get them to speak. You're going to say something you don't really mean or regret. I think he made a mistake, but he shouldn't have been allowed to talk. I think they should have taken him off the court."

Murray, who was talking after playing an exhibition match at The Boodles event at Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire, was asked if he could imagine being that angry before on court.

"I've never felt like putting my foot through something, but it happens," Murray said. "He's been on the tour a long time. He just got very angry and got put in a very difficult situation when he was still clearly very upset. But I personally wouldn't do that. Well, I hope I wouldn't do it."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...t-7870050.html
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray: "I've never felt like putting my foot through something, but it happ

Muzza is very honest . thanks to him
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray: "I've never felt like putting my foot through something, but it happ

Very nice by Andy. And I loved the part where he added "Well, I hope I wouldn't do it." Because Andy has a temper also!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

someone shows a bit of humanity and normality
and suddenly shit storm central

look he didnt mean it
he lost his cool
its good for the game to have more than just fake modesty and moonballing
Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

In fact, it can happen to every players, that's why they all support him
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Wise words from Andy Mugray Murray
  • Nadull = only exists to undermine Greatness
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

i think a much bigger disgrace is faking injuries
taking 40+ seconds between points
shouting vamos and fist pumping when someone double faults

thats disgracful behaviour imo
Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
i think a much bigger disgrace is faking injuries
taking 40+ seconds between points
shouting vamos and fist pumping when someone double faults

thats disgracful behaviour imo
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic:

Why did this Web portal become 10000 slower than it used to be just 7 days ago!!!! Please fix this nonsense.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

look he didnt mean it
he lost his cool
he didnt mean it, ok
he lost is cool, ok
but stop trying to convince people this is good for the game because it fucking isnt.
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Clever words from Murray, and honest, but I'm not surprised he's a very honest guy.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
In fact, it can happen to every players, that's why they all support him
When have they all supported him? The silence from the top players has been deafening in fact. The most I've seen is Cilic saying it doesn't need to be dealt with by the police and this is hardly a resounding endorsement from Murray.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...bag/index.html
"It's interesting to note the players' response. Not much support from the rest of the association. Had this been, say, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or Andy Murray or John Isner -- actually, why name names? any of a hundred other players -- there would be a much greater effort to spin this as a regrettable and uncharacteristic lapse that occurred -- all together, everyone -- in "the heat of battle." * Tim Henman whacks a ballgirl at Wimbledon, gets disqualified and rarely gets grief for it. Why? Because on balance, he's a good guy. In this case, it's a sour guy who got what he deserved. Here's hoping the ATP steps up and issues a ban."
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

look he didnt mean it
he lost his cool
And obviously the law shares this view as time-wasting is treated as a far more heinous crime than assault.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Anderson supports, well he thinks the loss of points and prize money is enough punishment.
  • Nadull = only exists to undermine Greatness
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Kevin Anderson supports, well he thinks the loss of points and prize money is enough punishment.
That's not supporting Nalbandian, that's just taking the view it doesn't need to be dealt with by the police.