Is David Nalbandian a hero or a mug? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Hero or mug?

Nalbandian is a hero 35 44.87%
Nalbandian is a mug 43 55.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is David Nalbandian a hero or a mug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
He was a hero for kicking the stupid linesman who wasn't doing his job. The guy should have been focused on his line, and as a result of not being focused on his line, he didn't see Nalbandian quick enough to move out the way. So; linesman's fault for getting the injury, ought to have been a point penalty and a fine for Nalbandian for kicking the board, match should have been completed.
Please tell me this is sarcasm.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #32
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

He's a legenda.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian is an extremely talented tennis player, but he's a disgusting human being. This is hardly his first case of petulant, nasty behavior.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #34
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly dont know about this man.He is mug sometimes but sometimes is a great player.I don't know.
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #35
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond repute

I must be the only young person worried that so many call him a hero. When society starts accepting such behaviour it's a downward spiral. You get the society and behaviour you tolerate, even revere.

I wouldn't call him a mug. Just a deeply unpleasant thug who cannot take responsibility for his own actions: a coward and a blamer.

Aga; Ana; Maria; Vika. Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!

Andy, Novak. Have a wonderful 2013!!

Roger Federer
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I must be the only young person worried that so many call him a hero. When society starts accepting such behaviour it's a downward spiral. You get the society and behaviour you tolerate, even revere.

I wouldn't call him a mug. Just a deeply unpleasant thug who cannot take responsibility for his own actions: a coward and a blamer.

Last edited by Slade : 06-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
He was a hero for kicking the stupid linesman who wasn't doing his job. The guy should have been focused on his line, and as a result of not being focused on his line, he didn't see Nalbandian quick enough to move out the way. So; linesman's fault for getting the injury, ought to have been a point penalty and a fine for Nalbandian for kicking the board, match should have been completed.
The line umpire was guilty of watching the match. It's always his/her responsibility to get out of the way of an oncoming player, no matter the reason. The player has enough to worry about playing the match. Mr. Nalbandian had just made the shot, missed, and got upset. Nalbandian's Chuck Norris like kick was continuous to his play - stroke, follow-through, step, hop, kick. There was no premeditation. It was done in blind passion, which is why he obviously didn't notice the line official sitting just above the box frame.

Compare this to Novak Djokovic at Rome SF 2012 and Roland Garros Final 2012, where Novak had lost the game, slowly walked back, then lashed out in fury, in Rome at the netpost with Nadal and ball kids standing right in front of him and the head umpire right above, and in Roland Garros at the Perrier sign with the crowd behind.

It would have been terrible if shrapnel from the racquet had hit Nadal or one of the ball kids in Rome. Or if Perrier sign fragments had hit one of the camera people or people in the audience at Roland Garros. Novak's actions were more or less equivalent to David's (though David's more immediate to the play). However, the results were different. That's an unfortunate accident, and just bad luck for Nalbandian. The line official is clearly milking this.

Novak Djokovic should be the first one to understand Nalbandian's actions and speak up.
He was probably fined for Rome, and yet did it again on the big stage at Roland Garros, so clearly fines are no deterrent when match fury is present. It can't be controlled whether one is the #1 player or #100. Everybody on or around the court needs to have responsibility to watch out for themselves. This is a sporting event, played by strong men wielding racquets, not tiddlywinks.

The lesson is clear. Stay out of Novak's, David's, and any other player's way.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 06-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #38
country flag MrEleganza

MrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceMariaRenka View Post

Don't worry about it. Everyone's a unrepentant badass on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
The line umpire was guilty of watching the match. It's always his/her responsibility to get out of the way of an oncoming player, no matter the reason. The player has enough to worry about playing the match. Mr. Nalbandian had just made the shot, missed, and got upset. Nalbandian's Chuck Norris like kick was continuous to his play - stroke, follow-through, step, hop, kick. There was no premeditation. It was done in blind passion, which is why he obviously didn't notice the line official sitting just above the box frame.
Masterclass, normally I love your posts, but do you REALLY believe this, or are you just playing devil's advocate?

I would not expect the linesman to just stare unblinkingly at the line regardless of whether the the ball was on his side of the court or the play was still on. Nalbandian took two full steps before kicking. But more importantly, I'm not aware of any player having kicked out at a linesman's box, ever. It would not only be unreasonable for the linesman to scramble out of the way IN CASE NALBANDIAN DECIDED TO KICK THE BOX AND THEREBY DESTROY IT AND HIT HIS LEG, it would have been patently absurd for him to react that way.

If the linesman scrambled out of the way, not only would he be the first linesman ever to do so without the player literally hurtling towards him in an attempt to get a shot, but he would have looked like an frightened idiot if Nalbandian hadn't kicked the box, and Kreskin if he had.

Your whole beef with the linesman depends on the assumption that "I need to get out of the way" would be a reasonable reaction to what was before him. In no way would that be a reasonable assumption.

ALL AMERICANS|(almost)ALL UPSETS|YOUR MOM
MrEleganza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #39
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

d/a first part, mostly serious second comparison part..
To continue the first part, I know if I had seen David coming toward me, especially when his leg reared back for the kick, I would have jumped to the side as fast as my reactions would allow, and would not have cared if I looked like a coward, idiot, or otherwise. But if I don't see David, then I'm just an unfortunate victim who can later claim assault.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #40
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby didn't wanted to do it, that's obvious.
But he did it, he couldn't contain himself, and the price was the tournament.

David, you fucked it up.

So, for that, he's a mug. He's a great player and I will always support him, but he did the wrong thing here. I don't udnerstand people who actually think he shouldn't be Dq'd.

I know that, I was banned unfairly from this forum, so I know exactly what I can and what I can't do.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #41
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
d/a first part, mostly serious second comparison part..
To continue the first part, I know if I had seen David coming toward me, especially when his leg reared back for the kick, I would have jumped to the side as fast as my reactions would allow, and would not have cared if I looked like a coward, idiot, or otherwise. But if I don't see David, then I'm just an unfortunate victim who can later claim assault.

Respectfully,
masterclass
You can only laugh when some idiot on a forum tries to blame the linesman for being assaulted.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #42
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

hero of the mugs
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #43
country flag masterclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
You can only laugh when some idiot on a forum tries to blame the linesman for being assaulted.
Some people think like prosecutors, some think like defense attorneys, some play it both ways, and some not at all.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #44
country flag missvarsha

missvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond reputemissvarsha has a reputation beyond repute

No matter who you think like, the only time something like "Its your fault for not getting out of the way" is apt is if a meteor falls on someone.
Jeez. If someone punches you in the face you can't say "Oh its not assault because you were too slow to duck".
missvarsha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #45
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Many heroes are painted on mugs.

Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote