Does tennis need more anger? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #16
country flag merryploughbhoy

merryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does tennis need more anger?

Yes, I'd like to see more players in battles with umpires
merryploughbhoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
Nalbandian being dqed has been all over the news everywhere.

Does tennis need more incidents like this and more aggression and personality to get more popular?
No. It's the last thing tennis needs. Nalbandian is a classless piece of crap who shouldn't be allowed to pick up a racquet ever again.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but this is a really stupid thread.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

In all honesty, I do think more drama would generate more interest in the younger generation however, the people who truly love the sport are the ones who admire the game and need no other persuasion.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #20
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of tennis fans are casual, just like any other popular sport. There's a reason why the ATP is pushing for finals like the one at the AO. Fans love the gladiatorial spectacle/drama more than the play itself.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #21
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
The vast majority of tennis fans are casual, just like any other popular sport. There's a reason why the ATP is pushing for finals like the one at the AO. Fans love the gladiatorial spectacle/drama more than the play itself.
Yes and with tennis more so than any other sport there's just a huge sense of promoting the current standing of the sport, regardless of the true standard. It's just a constant barrage of never ending sugar coating from 'analysts' and 'experts'. Throughout Roland Garros this year, all I kept hearing was how men's tennis was blossoming and how deep the field is and in particular the clay field.

It's just all a little bit desperate and smarmy.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #22
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
tennis needs more grass, real grass
so Raonic could win something?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #23
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Yes and with tennis more so than any other sport there's just a huge sense of promoting the current standing of the sport, regardless of the true standard. It's just a constant barrage of never ending sugar coating from 'analysts' and 'experts'. Throughout Roland Garros this year, all I kept hearing was how men's tennis was blossoming and how deep the field is and in particular the clay field.

It's just all a little bit desperate and smarmy.
So many times this. The promotion of the "Here and now" has led to one of the most ridiculous concepts of modern sport - that is that the current era of tennis has more competition than the ones that preceded it and that it is somewhat special. Moreover, it has also created the weak era argument which is just ridiculous.

I want to hit my laptop every time I hear this crap regurgitated at me from presenters such as Sue "Clueless" Baker.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #24
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Replace tie-breaks with fist fights. Or, in the case of WTA, bitch slaps.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #25
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireballer View Post
so Raonic could win something?
he already has won something

But no, because Halle was so enjoyable this week, grass tennis is the best by far to watch

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote