Does Haas have the worst luck on tour? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does Haas have the worst luck on tour?

I know the Haas haters on this forum will disagree but..

This year at the US the rain completely fucks up his schedule so he has the play the very next day after his 5 sets against Safin, not to mention the 5 sets with Ginepri. His opponent is Davydenko who is arguable one of the worst players to play if you're tired.

2004 US Open Quarterfinals play Hewitt. It was the day where it was extremely windy. It was like typhoon tennis. The conditions completely suited Hewitt's game and he made only 10 unforced errors in the worst conditions off all time..

2005 Wimbledon - stops on a ball during warmup and injures his ankle in the first round

2002 Aus Open - Haas beating Safin 2 sets 1, Safin was completely gone physically....then it rains and Safin blows kisses to the gods...

2006 Aus Open Vs Fedex. Haas misses a forehand on break point by a few millimetres. Carlos Ramos says 'I'm not sure'. Tommy would of probably lost anyway, but Ramos could have at least said it was out. Saying I'm not sure is like saying 'dunno, you might of been cheated, shrug'. Pretty sure that destoyed Haas mental after that, being a rare occasion where he actually had strong mental strength.

Not to mention his shoulder injuries at the peak of his career...
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #2
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Haas have the worst luck on tour?

He could have lost to Ginepri (lol).

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #3
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

He has been unlucky with his numerous injuries, but I would point out he led Davydenko two sets to love and let it slip, and equally that the extent of his collapse against Safin in the last two sets at the AO (0 and 2 after the first three were 7-6, 6-7, 6-3) shows a rather weak temperament in general.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #4
country flag Radek Stepanek

Radek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he is very unlucky.

Ljubicic - Ancic - Mirnyi - Hrbaty - Berdych - Hajek - Hernych - Novak - Lendl -Rochus - Davydenko

Supporting all the CZECHS!
Radek Stepanek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
country flag helen phillips

helen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond reputehelen phillips has a reputation beyond repute

Old sporting adage:you make your own luck. I tend to think that his attitude caught up with him, and of course Davydenko took it to him. Tommy's hot but no tears here.
helen phillips is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:13 AM   #6
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you gotta be kidding me!!!!
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #7
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Not even close.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

he's an arrogant prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
country flag pigwave

pigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond reputepigwave has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he would beat Marat this time if the match not delayed...

While I agree that he's unlucky in the past...

Andre Agassi
Marat Safin Macros Baghdatis
David Nalbandian James Blake Tomas Berdych

Paradorn Srichaphan Olivier Rochus Dmitry Trsunov
pigwave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
country flag atpSUPERMAN

atpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond reputeatpSUPERMAN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek Stepanek
Yeah, he is very unlucky.
Hey, is Stepanek still dating Martina?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #11
country flag radics

radics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond repute

Haas might not be the luckiest guy on tour, but the guy with the "worst luck"? Because he had once bad conditions? Rain delay? Close linecall? Or an injoury? Yeah right...
radics is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #12
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has the worst luck on tour. I mean, Nadal gets all the easy draws, and Federer is plagued with the hardest draws ever. I mean, it doesn't get much harder than Wang, Henman, Spadea, Gicquel, Blake and Davydenko to reach a slam final.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #13
country flag radics

radics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond reputeradics has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Federer has the worst luck on tour. I mean, Nadal gets all the easy draws, and Federer is plagued with the hardest draws ever. I mean, it doesn't get much harder than Wang, Henman, Spadea, Gicquel, Blake and Davydenko to reach a slam final.
You're obsessed?
Old 09-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #14
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radics
You're obsessed?
Yes.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #15
country flag radics

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Yes.
I'm kind of sorry for you.