Will Nole win 7 AO's? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #61
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Nole win 7 AO's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadabans View Post
I like Nole's chances at the Australian better than US Open. I think AO is Nole's best slam because his baseline game is so rock solid. He's the only guy on tour who can get into 20 shot rally's with Nadal and win more than he loses. Novak has a good serve, but it isn't amazing so I think he will have a harder time winning multiple US Opens.

Having said that, I like Nole's chances at the US Open this year. He's the best hard court player in the world right now and I'm not sure Del Potro is back to his old self just yet. Once Del Pony gets there though, he will become a major threat at the US Open. IMO anyway.
LOL........no he wont........and tell me you registered in 2010 and started posting like crazy just now?
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #62
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like Nole's chances at the Australian better than US Open. I think AO is Nole's best slam because his baseline game is so rock solid. He's the only guy on tour who can get into 20 shot rally's with Nadal and win more than he loses. Novak has a good serve, but it isn't amazing so I think he will have a harder time winning multiple US Opens.

Having said that, I like Nole's chances at the US Open this year. He's the best hard court player in the world right now and I'm not sure Del Potro is back to his old self just yet. Once Del Pony gets there though, he will become a major threat at the US Open. IMO anyway.
Even though Nole has got his best record at AO, I still think USO is the tournament where he consistently plays his best tennis and he's always made semis or finals pretty much. He's just been unlucky to encounter JesusFed on three straight occasions when he was still a rookie. But I think his game is pretty solid there and where he definitely plays his best. USO suits his game perfectly.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #63
country flag ahadabans

ahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireballer View Post
LOL........no he wont........and tell me you registered in 2010 and started posting like crazy just now?
You really don't think Del Potro can get back to his 2009 form? I think he is very dangerous on fast hard courts. He has excellent movement for someone his size and his serve is downright nasty.

I've lurked for a long time. Post when I feel like posting, usually in very short spurts. It takes very little time for me to get fed up will all the hating and blind fan boy bias on this site, and I just stop posting after awhile. I can only handle so much of it before I feel like my time is better spent doing something else.
ahadabans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #64
country flag ahadabans

ahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Even though Nole has got his best record at AO, I still think USO is the tournament where he consistently plays his best tennis and he's always made semis or finals pretty much. He's just been unlucky to encounter JesusFed on three straight occasions when he was still a rookie. But I think his game is pretty solid there and where he definitely plays his best. USO suits his game perfectly.
He's the best hard court player in the world right now. So I expect solid US Open showings from him for the foreseeable future. I think his ROS and ground game are his strongest points, which is why I feel like his record at the AO is better (where those things are even more potent). Just my opinion.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #65
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You really don't think Del Potro can get back to his 2009 form? I think he is very dangerous on fast hard courts. He has excellent movement for someone his size and his serve is downright nasty.
Of course.

He has everything to do well at the USO (not that he didn't already prov it), great serve, tremendous forehand, and as you said, he moves very well for his size.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #66
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I've lurked for a long time. Post when I feel like posting, usually in very short spurts. It takes very little time for me to get fed up will all the hating and blind fan boy bias on this site, and I just stop posting after awhile. I can only handle so much of it before I feel like my time is better spent doing something else.
you mean that tournament where he fluked a match or two and Fed choked?Yeah I dont think that's happening again for a guy who cant win a Masters event
Old 06-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #67
country flag kyleskywalker007

kyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

8 AOs?......Isn´t he on 3 right now? Isn´t he 24 going on 25 now? You expect him to win until he is 30?.....

Whatever shit you´re on is nice, just share a bit with the rest of us mortals

AO '04 '06 '07 '10
RG '09
Wimby '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '09 '12
USO '04 '05 '06 '07 '08
WTF ´03 ´04 ´06 ´07 ´10 ´11

PonyBoy '09 US Open Champion
kyleskywalker007 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #68
country flag ahadabans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireballer View Post
you mean that tournament where he fluked a match or two and Fed choked?Yeah I dont think that's happening again for a guy who cant win a Masters event
No such thing as a fluke slam win. Can't happen. He demolished Nadal and then beat Federer. Fluke my ass.

You do realize he had wrist surgery right?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #69
country flag ahadabans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleskywalker007 View Post
8 AOs?......Isn´t he on 3 right now? Isn´t he 24 going on 25 now? You expect him to win until he is 30?.....

Whatever shit you´re on is nice, just share a bit with the rest of us mortals
He's already 25. And yeah, 8 isn't happening. I can see 4 or 5. He could have longevity like Agassi though, you never know. Agassi won at age 33. Oldest guy to win a slam I believe. But Agassi was the shit.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #70
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's already 25. And yeah, 8 isn't happening. I can see 4 or 5. He could have longevity like Agassi though, you never know. Agassi won at age 33. Oldest guy to win a slam I believe. But Agassi was the shit.
Agassi spent half his twenties injured or not playing. The mileage Nole has in comparison is obscene.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #71
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly (about Agassi). I didn't even follow tennis when he was young but even I know that he took breaks between his slams due to different factors. Agassi winning slams deep in his 30s was due to him slacking in his 20s and not amazing longevity although he did work very hard to stay fit.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #72
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

He'll win at least 12

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #73
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With nasty you mean horrible, right?

His serve is terrible for a guy his size. Even when he won the US Open, he had to basically fight for every point in the final, got pretty much no free points on serve. It's definitely an area where he has to improve tremendously. A guy his size shouldn't be serving like a WTA player, I'm hoping to see improvements on the serve asap. I'm not asking him to serve like Isner or Karlovic, but there's no reason why someone his size can't get one or two free points per service game at least.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #74
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

NO! Rather than 7 AO titles I am sure he would rather win 1 or 2 FO, another 2 Wimbys and 2 more USO titles, though I am sure he would settle for just 7 AO. If he would only learn to become a better volleyer and come to the net more, he could win another 5-7 slams.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #75
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
With nasty you mean horrible, right?

His serve is terrible for a guy his size. Even when he won the US Open, he had to basically fight for every point in the final, got pretty much no free points on serve. It's definitely an area where he has to improve tremendously. A guy his size shouldn't be serving like a WTA player, I'm hoping to see improvements on the serve asap. I'm not asking him to serve like Isner or Karlovic, but there's no reason why someone his size can't get one or two free points per service game at least.
Del Potro has a great serve, but considering his height it should be A LOT better.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote