The "I will be happy with" thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "I will be happy with" thread

Hello people. I think this is an important discussion thread we didn't have here.
And I'm pretty sure we all talked about it in different forums, but never on a single thread.

I had the idea today, because I see most of us are happy with Federer reaching the semis in RG this year. So... Let's talk about Fed's schedule and which result would make you happy.
Let me start!

Roland Garros: Of course, as I said before. I'm happy with the semis. I don't ask for more.

Halle: If he plays here. Only a WIN would make me happy. A lose in grass that early couldn't make me happy in any way. Only winning the tournament is acceptable for me.

Wimbledon: Ok, another slam. Important things here.
I would be totally honest. Nothing less than a final would satisfy me. Here I think Fed at least, needs to make the final. After 2 QF, I know SF would be an important step, but ATM, I think Fed has the game and he ain't gonna get surprises. Final or Title. A SF would make me pretty sad.

Olympic Games: Same here. Fed needs this tournament. It his last "Great" chance. In grass and 3-setter format. Only gold medal would make me happy. Silver and Bronza aren't big achievments right here.

Toronto: He has to play the olympics, so, I don't know if he's gonna play here.
If he plays. Any result would make me happy. I don't actually care of this at all.
Now, if he does bad at the Olympics (less than Semis), I would only like a Final or Title here.

Cincy: I actually think he would play here.
He likes this tournament and he has won it so many times. So, I want another Final here. He doesn't defend so many points, a final would be good for him.

US Open: I want a great Hardcourt season and I will be dissapointed with something less than a Final.
He needs to reach semis and win that match. He can be number 2 or 3 at that time, so the rivals could be Murray, Nadal or Djokovic. I think he needs to win over any of them that semi. Final or Title here.

Shanghai: The good thing here. Is that he didn't defend points. It'd be probably the best chance to keep his ranking (it could be 2, 3 or maybe he would be fighting for the number one spot). I consider he needs to get Semis at least here.

Basel: Home title. He starts to defend points.
So... A win. Win this tournament again Roger. The Indoor season starts with a win.

Paris: We don't know which ranking he's gonna have here. We don't know how tired he will be and we also don't know if he would play.
So... Considering that. I'm okay with all things here.
Whatever happens here. I'ts okay for me.
Now, if his season is dissapoointing or something like that. He would need to win this too. Sorry Roger.

World Tour Finals: Seven please.
Win this too. They all will be tired, and another victory over Rafa would be pretty cool.

So... As you can see, I think Roger needs to do a GREAT season from now on.
Yeah, that's my opinion, I know. But he does better in this part of the season, so, let's keep it on, King. Make a great comeback and kick some asses.

I think you'd like this thread
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I will be happy with" thread

Wow, you're asking for quite a lot, viruzzz!

About a year ago, I was wondering if we'd ever see Rog grab a major title again. Well... he did so in the past couple of months, no? And quite so!

So I am just very happy with what he's achieved already during his awesome career and won't 'request' anything more from him - come what may.

I just hope he stays healthy and fit, and happy with his family and his tennis. Everything else, including tennis titles, is a bonus.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. True, Karin, I'm difficult to please
I live tennis with so much passion. I think it's because I was raised as a football fan (I'm still a big football fan), and here in Argentina, Football is so passional.
I live the matches with my whole heart, I've cried (so deeply) for my fav players in his best wins and looses, I want the best for my fav players and I always will ask for so much.

ATM. Roger has not dissapointed me this season, it's amazing, he did all that I wanted... Even Miami, I was like after he won IW: "He won last week. I don't care about Miami now ".
Maybe I was a little dissapointed in AO, but he had Rafa in his draw. So... I was ok with that.

So... I know I ask for so much, but I prefer having it written here, so, everynoe should know what I want.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

All im saying is: Wimbledon and Olympics are paramount.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know... I just want to see Roger kicking some ass*s
Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Well here goes mine:

Halle: Win

Wimbledon: Win this.

Olympic Games: Final, preferably win, if not, not the end of the world.

Toronto: Skip.

Cincy: Final minimum.

US Open: Final minimum.

Shanghai: SF.

Basel: Win

Paris: Skip.

GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #7
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Well here goes mine:

Halle: Win

Wimbledon: Win this.

Olympic Games: Final, preferably win, if not, not the end of the world.

Toronto: Skip.

Cincy: Final minimum.

US Open: Final minimum.

Shanghai: SF.

Basel: Win

Paris: Skip.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #8
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Well, it would be worth it to see Roger pick up a gold medal at olympics

Or you could wait another 2 years to see him live
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, looking at that calendar makes me kinda sad in a way. I remember the days where writing up that list and saying "win this" would actually come true
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Old 06-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

RG: would have been happy with quarters provided he played well, so semis playing bad was great!
Halle: Semis.. Or, basically, I don't care as long as he plays himself into form. If he does, a loss doesn't matter.
Wimbledon: as he's got to quarters last 2 years, let's take it step by step... Semis!
Olympics: would love to see him do well here (have tickets to R3 woo!) but tbh he already has a gold so less bothered
Toronto: as long as he doesn't do what he did against Tsonga in 09 I'm cool.
Cincinnati: should play well here hopefully.. semis but he has an excuse of they've slowed it down
US Open: anything apart from losing in 5 to Djokovic in the semis having had match points
Shanghai: I want him to do well here, although I suspect he'll skip.
Basel: he'd probably be disappointed with anything other than a win so I'll say the same!
Paris: he's already won it, it's the week before WTFs, quarters assuming he decides to prioritize WTFs
WTF: a win over either Rafa or Nole would be sweet. He owns this event, one of the best parts of his legacy, so although it would be good to win he doesn't need it unlike others

I have sort of low requirements I guess... tbh if he wins one of Wimby/Olympics/USO he can lose in R1 of every other tournament and it'll be worth it a thousand times over
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #11
country flag Fujee

Ah have a smashing time at the Olympics! Im jealous!

David Foster Wallace
Old 06-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #12
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

The only win I hope for Roger is another Wimbledon title. He can skip all the others and I wouldn't mind.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #13
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Well, it would be worth it to see Roger pick up a gold medal at olympics

Or you could wait another 2 years to see him live
oh of course it would be worth that
and it's only an 8-hour drive to Cincy
(pretty sure I can't afford USO tickets or NYC accommodations)
Old 06-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Win Halle
Win Wimbledon
Win Olympics.

SF at Toronto
SF at Cincy
F at the USO (whatever he needs to reach World number 1).

Yes, these are high expectations, but after this, my only expectations are to earn another 4 GS QFs over the rest of his career.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

As I wrote in the RG if I think with the mind considering all the circumstances SF at EG was good.
But when he playes I never can accept he loses. Maybe only here against this ever best Nadal on clay.

Now.. The calendar of all the year is too long to express a preference. So many things can happen.
I agree wit Karin -I almost wanted him to leave go away the final in Madrid when he felt non well. And I tought "If he can play it and it's safe for him ok, in not let all and who cares about the title?"
However I'm sure he isn't so happy in days like yesterday. He can't be. Maybe he's sad for a day or 2 but it leaves of signs in the confidence during the moments that count in the end rounds and key moments in a match against a top 3 player.

So if I have to chose.
Halle - skip if his hip needs a rest () and if he is WELL and playes it at the final againt Rfa I can accept anything...or almost... If Rafa is like now - ok - I can accept, but a match like the SF in AO had to be win by Roger. Rafa played bedly and Roger made him a big gift. But on gras for Roger it would be easier place his winners so in Halle the grass at the end of the week-end is grass and not brown clay so the chances are bigger.

Wimbledon - only final and he has to win it. He has to finde some more of all his potencial and be strong mentally.
The problem as I wrote is that SF and final are played on the burned grass but it's a little better than brown clay

Olympics - I don't know how would be the conditions of the grass but I hope they repare it in some technological way and of cource Win is what would make me happier because it's his goal, although if I have to chose from my point of view I prefer Wimbledon.

So on grass I hope he wins botht but if not I "let" chose Roger
The key will be the wather - if it's rainy, damp with little sun all would be more possible.

After if he wins one of them I don't care the 2 pre USO masters 1000 - it would be ok SF-s to keep good point balance.

USO - as it's a slam I always want him to win it hoping the combination surface and balls make it faster.
So if he wins one of the 2 biggest appointment on the grass I can acept the final and only a WIN against a not top 3 player.
If he doesn't take a grass tittle only WIN in USO

Shanghai - skip
Basel - Win for him because it's the home tournament.
Paris - SF

WTF - on that fast surface only a WIN

When I wrote SF I meen if he has to meet a top 3 player if not go ahead.
In any situation lose I can accept would be against a top 3 player or only one against Murray/Tsonga in a less important tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
oh of course it would be worth that
and it's only an 8-hour drive to Cincy
(pretty sure I can't afford USO tickets or NYC accommodations)
I know what you are feeling.
It wsa the same for Rome this year - I also had some tickets.
But if he would need a rest I would prefere of NOT SEEING him
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Last edited by mlrf11 : 06-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote