Grass grass grass!!! 2012 Halle cheering thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #46
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass grass grass!!! 2012 Halle cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Here's another picture of Roger:

great pic!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #47
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so stupid. I didn't come in this 3d and I pubblished the pics in gthe great pics. ufff...
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #48
country flag 78692

78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute78692 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Federer has confirmed to Swiss media he had a hip issue in Madrid and Rome which got better for Paris but he was afraid of overworking it so he may have held back. I think as bad as it is, it can prove good in the end.

At last year's French he peaked, intentionally or not, there and had nothing much left for Wimbey because of niggles. If he can peak for Wimbledon and ride the wave until the end of the Olympics, he might go into the USO as favourite and even #1. Who knows.

I'll wait and see but I am hopeful grass can rejuvenate a healthy Fed's game. I am definitely much more confident than I was in 2010 and in 2011 after seeing his first few matches at SW19.
Thanks for this, totally agree health is of the utmost importance. Didn't Fed have back pain when he lost to Berdych at Wimby. Semis at Roland Garros were terrific if he was 'holding back'. Now on to the push this summer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

ROGER FEDERER: 16 TIME GRAND SLAM CHAMPION.
78692 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #49
country flag mlrf11

mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Looner, you're right.
I also red an article where Roger was talking about specific traning at the beginning of RG and so because oh the phisical problem he had in Mstrid and Rome he decided to play at low % and to go up with the intensity at the end.

He did well of not having risks against Novak. In Rome I tought Roger decided to lose but during the match there is the fire and pride so he maybe tried in the 2ond set when Nole was serving for the match and Roger stretched up to the TB.
Now he hadn't to lose the 2ond set having 3 times the brak and going to serve for the match. This for me wasn't afraid of overworking. I hope it wasn't few confidence against someone who have made you very hurt and suffering in the lastest past.
I hope 1st the hip's OK and 2ond the grass gives him more confidence and he finds his best tennis over it.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #50
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with a RF injury at this point in his career and at this point in this particular year is that the FEAR of injury is also a problem. When RF injured his back at the tail end of 2008 because he relied too much on his serve as some of his amazing movement was taken away because of mono, he did not rest, went to Shanghai and aggravated the injury. In the 2009 AO final, his serve was crap and all proper fans know the reason.

So here's hoping to see that beautiful grass game click and for him to win Halle once again. In 2010, he lost the final which I couldn't watch because of back pain again so let's see an amazing run on grass. It's going to be tough, especially with the RN confidence train from his beloved mud but he can do it. He deserves and we want to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #51
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

great pics guys, thanks a lot!
Hope Roger is feeling okay...

PLEASE, PLEASE GOD....NOT this year too!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #52
country flag mlrf11

I saw Roger practicing about 45 minutes ago.
He had a yellow band at the head. I'm wondering about how is going to be his outfit

Maybe it's the same of RG.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Last edited by mlrf11 : 06-12-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #53
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
I saw Roger practicing about 45 minutes ago.
He had a yellow band at the head. I'm wondering about how is going to be his outfit

Maybe it's the same of RG.

As a matter of fact, I believe RG outfits usually continue into Halle/Queens.

To fellow tards like duong who are full of pessimism now from the RG defeat, I would say, hold back, lets watch how he performs at Halle. I think the surface is faster than Wimbledon and might favour his game. Except for Raonic, can't see anyone troubling him till the finals.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #54
country flag mlrf11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
As a matter of fact, I believe RG outfits usually continue into Halle/Queens.

To fellow tards like duong who are full of pessimism now from the RG defeat, I would say, hold back, lets watch how he performs at Halle. I think the surface is faster than Wimbledon and might favour his game. Except for Raonic, can't see anyone troubling him till the finals.
Raonic is too dangerous and it's worst to meet him in the best of 3 set. I think 3of 5 is better because if you're going to the TB and lose it you have more time to come back into the match.
But I'm hopefull

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #55
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger in grass!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #56
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Raonic is too dangerous and it's worst to meet him in the best of 3 set. I think 3of 5 is better because if you're going to the TB and lose it you have more time to come back into the match.
But I'm hopefull
Raonic will be the toughest match no doubt, but also the best test and tune up for Wimbledon, really given how fast he'll serve and how good his baseline game is. IT will surely be a 3 setter or two tie-breaks; I think

BTW, when is Wogie scheduled to play his first match?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #57
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Roger unveils street sign with his name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
BTW, when is Wogie scheduled to play his first match?
Thursday I think. He's not on oop for tomorrow.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #58
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

If he's to win Halle, he'll have to play 4 days straight again. I don't get these tournaments schedulers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #59
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Roger on facebook
Quote:
Thanks to the Weber family for naming a street after me in Halle. A true honor for me and my family!

http://www.facebook.com/Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If he's to win Halle, he'll have to play 4 days straight again. I don't get these tournaments schedulers...
I know , I was hoping he could start Wed. so we could see him sooner...oh well.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #60
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Roger's top 10 for wins on grass, (something Sampras never achieved), and has a chance to pass Sampras at Wimbly, and HEWITT, to take over number one for his generation.

Here's the current list:

Grass:

Jimmy Connors (168) - won't pass, but everyone else is reachable.
John McEnroe (119)
Boris Becker (116)
Roscoe Tanner (113)
Wally Mazur (112)
Phil Dent (108)
Mark Edmondson (105)
Lleyton Hewitt (105)
Pat Cash (104)
Roger Federer (102)

Needs 2 wins to tie Cash, 3 for Edmonson, and Hewitt. W at Halle, and W at Wimbly will put him 4th all time, just 5 wins behind Johnny Mac.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote