Tennis advice needed - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
country flag Federer-01

Federer-01 is on a distinguished road
Default Tennis advice needed

Hello all,

I am currently 17 years old, and I am getting good at tennis just now, I started late tennis, but when I went to play my first ITF tournaments and saw youngsters play better I had this question in my mind is, I can barely win 1 round in ITF, how can I win any in ATP as I am getting soon 18 years old and by then I can't play ITF anymore, I wanted to know is it worth spending all this money?
and will I have a chance to improve in ATP if I haven't gone well in ITF??

I am mentally week about this situation, though if it is possible to get better in seniors I may double my efforts.
Federer-01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
country flag Gung Ho Tennis

Gung Ho Tennis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tennis advice needed

Hi Federer-01,

It's not going to be easy, I can tell you that! Going from juniors to seniors is tough. But I'm not going to say that it is impossible either - not without seeing you play, anyway.

If you really love the game, I would like to encourage you to practice as well as you can, preferably under the guidance of an accomplished tennis coach. Your main goal should be to realize your own full potential, and not to become an ATP player, just for the sake of it. Your goal should be to be such an awesome player that it goes without saying that you'll be an ATP player.

If you feel like you just HAVE to step on the court and practice, then you have at least one characteristic of a real tennis champion.

Loving the battle (the match) is another one. Great champions love to play strong opponents.

Final point: if you always practice and play hard, and give it your all, both in practice and in matches, and you KNOW it, any mental weakness will be much easier to handle.

Have fun!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
country flag Lara Richards

Lara Richards is on a distinguished road

If you're determined to do it then you'll probably make it. Just keep on practicing and stay focused.
Lara Richards is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
country flag pferg

pferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond repute

Play as much as possible. Join your local tennis ladder. TennisLadders.NET is your best bet.

Join your local tennis ladder for free.
Find new hitting partners.
Challenge yourself to climb the ladder!
pferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer-01 View Post
Hello all,

I am currently 17 years old, and I am getting good at tennis just now, I started late tennis, but when I went to play my first ITF tournaments and saw youngsters play better I had this question in my mind is, I can barely win 1 round in ITF, how can I win any in ATP as I am getting soon 18 years old and by then I can't play ITF anymore, I wanted to know is it worth spending all this money?
and will I have a chance to improve in ATP if I haven't gone well in ITF??

I am mentally week about this situation, though if it is possible to get better in seniors I may double my efforts.
Gotta ask, what age did you actually start to play ?
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote