Political Discussion Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #91
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Photo Thread

Hello All - I was thinking of moving some of the posts on this page, plus the reactions/responses to Marat's "Bez Galstuka" interview in News & Articles, to the Political Discussion Thread. If people think the posts should stay where they are, please say.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #92
country flag greeneyes7

greeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if its important on which thread this is posted. We are all going to read it, have our opinions and hopefully be able to voice those opinions without being disrespectful. And you are right, we shouldn't judge Anna by this one picture, but as far as her judgment is concerned, when you go back to a guy who has dumped you twice in the past, tells the whole world he is not going to marry you and he will "have fun until it's over", one really has to wonder. Politically speaking, each country and each participant has their own view on things and hopefully can say what they feel, Marat included. If he thinks they are stupid girls, I guess that's what he thinks.
greeneyes7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #93
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's better to move to political discussion thread as I'd guess that most fans and random visitors are here only for new pics and light gossip and don't care much about Marat's political views.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #94
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, put the posts wherever you like, just wanted to say about the "falce starts" that inez was talking about. Yep the RTF and tennis academy project in Moscow weren't obviously getting anywhere without enough financing. He may be many things but stupid he is not, I think he's very smart and that's good. So I still hope he can do some good things for the sports etc in Russia.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #95
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your responses, everyone. I will move the posts to keep the threads on topic.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #96
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post

People seem more disappointed than delusional to me. Perhaps you could share a few personal feelings on the subject, instead of taking forum members to task, based on your own (rather extreme) assumptions about their thinking. To have generalised hopes about Marat's political career isn't the same thing as forging "delusional" expectations that he'd "rebel against the party" and "be a political figure with his own speech and stand". All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, as mer said. He didn't need to say anything contentious.

It's not a particularly flattering photo, but belittling her for her looks and intelligence is pointless and on the same level as Marat's remarks about Pussy Riot. At least she doesn't dress like a sex object or blab to the press about her relationship. Whatever doubts she may have about him or their relationship, I'm sure she would be heartbroken at having to walk away, if her self-respect commanded it. She may even love him and stand by him precisely because he's such a primitive. Either way, she's probably better than he deserves.
You are on fire really. I hope you don't take it as an extrem affirmation. Honestly you should take what people say more lightly. I understand that you need to moderate and for sure my reply was in the wrong part of this forum. But also for sure it wasn't my intention in any way to take forum members to task. And that was a rather personal oppinion and didn't quote anyone. And also dissapointment comes from high expectations? or wrong expectations? I think I still have the know how like everybody in the world about universal emotions.

As for Ana D: people can get uglier when they get botched by plastic surgery and this has nothing to do with the what they are inside. But wait a minute this is exactly what happens it says a lot about her inside too: that she is trying to fit in a mould and she's rather insecure against the fact that initially she was a rather pleasent girl tall and blonde and everything. And maybe as you said it can have a direct link with her relationship. In which case I agree she's probably better than he deserves.

I would love to see that!

Last edited by monkey247 : 10-25-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: screencap re-post
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #97
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosespower View Post

You are on fire really. I hope you don't take it as an extrem affirmation.
Not sure what you mean by "on fire", or by "take it as an extrem affirmation".

Quote:

Honestly you should take what people say more lightly. I understand that you need to moderate and for sure my reply was in the wrong part of this forum.
When something is expressed lightly, I do. Also, it's no hardship moving posts, including my own, to keep threads on topic.

Quote:

But also for sure it wasn't my intention in any way to take forum members to task. And that was a rather personal oppinion and didn't quote anyone.
In that case, I'm confused! Whom were you talking to, when you asked "What did you expect people ... to expect that he will somehow rebel against the party and be a political figure with his own speech and stand is delusional"? The entire post came across as being directed at the forum and the people who post here, that forum members had certain expectations that are "delusional".

Quote:

And also dissapointment comes from high expectations? or wrong expectations? I think I still have the know how like everybody in the world about universal emotions.
I'm sorry, rosespower, I don't follow this at all.

Quote:

As for Ana D: people can get uglier when they get botched by plastic surgery and this has nothing to do with the what they are inside. But wait a minute this is exactly what happens it says a lot about her inside too: that she is trying to fit in a mould and she's rather insecure against the fact that initially she was a rather pleasent girl tall and blonde and everything. And maybe as you said it can have a direct link with her relationship. In which case I agree she's probably better than he deserves.
It's one thing to ask whether she's had plastic surgery (I don't think she has), but your question was whether she was uglier, which came across (at least to me) as somewhat gratuitous and unkind.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #98
country flag monkey247

Default Re: Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes7 View Post
... we shouldn't judge Anna by this one picture, but as far as her judgment is concerned, when you go back to a guy who has dumped you twice in the past, tells the whole world he is not going to marry you and he will "have fun until it's over", one really has to wonder.
If this is an open relationship, she does have the same leeway as him, to be fair. Also, I think Marat said marriage, in a general sense, wasn’t for him, not "marriage to Anna". As for "we'll have fun till it's over", that statement is so open-ended, it could mean anything. I imagine that was the idea when he said it, who knows? But it's really their business.

Quote:
Politically speaking, each country and each participant has their own view on things and hopefully can say what they feel, Marat included.
Two young mothers got two years’ hard labour for saying what they felt, and Marat dismissed them with complacent, self-righteous indifference. And even if he were sympathetic to their cause, he wouldn't be free to say so, if he wanted to keep his job.

Quote:

... If he thinks they are stupid girls, I guess that's what he thinks.
That's the level at which he thinks. So far it doesn’t appear that he grasps the bigger picture.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #99
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

"Two young mothers got two years’ hard labour for saying what they felt, and Marat dismissed them with complacent, self-righteous indifference. And even if he were sympathetic to their cause, he wouldn't be free to say so, if he wanted to keep his job." Thank you, Monkey, that is perfectly stated, IMO. It's simply disheartening to have watched this man grow up, follow his career for so many years, and then find out that he's not really the person you thought he was, based upon 100's of interviews.
mikomonstr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #100
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonstr View Post

.... It's simply disheartening to have watched this man grow up, follow his career for so many years, and then find out that he's not really the person you thought he was, based upon 100's of interviews.
There seems to be quite a bit of that going on lately! Jimmy "So Vile" Savile, Lance Armstrong etc. I realised Marat had rather dinosaurish tendencies in his attitude to women, but who would've suspected him to be quite so hypocritical, conformist, authoritarian conservative in his outlook, especially, as you say, after all those many interviews, most notably 2007 Marie Claire: "the first thing which is important for me is for the girl to be someone as an individual ... for her to have her own identity, and not be afraid to express her opinion and stand by it". Welcome to the world of Pussy Riot, Marat.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #101
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There seems to be quite a bit of that going on lately! Jimmy "So Vile" Savile, Lance Armstrong etc. I realised Marat had rather dinosaurish tendencies in his attitude to women, but who would've suspected him to be quite so hypocritical, conformist, authoritarian conservative in his outlook, especially, as you say, after all those many interviews, most notably 2007 Marie Claire: "the first thing which is important for me is for the girl to be someone as an individual ... for her to have her own identity, and not be afraid to express her opinion and stand by it". Welcome to the world of Pussy Riot, Marat.
As a russian I don't find Marat's attitude to women so much dinosaurish. He's no worse than most of the guys here. As for Pussy Riot, he seems to be just as brainwashed by official propaganda and by his "colleagues" as the majority of russians. I even think he would actually liked these girls if he knew them personally. The big problem is that people (not only in Russia I guess) tend to make offhanded and harsh judgments without checking the facts. Ironically, Marat himslef used to be an object of such judgements.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #102
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post

As a russian I don't find Marat's attitude to women so much dinosaurish. He's no worse than most of the guys here.
And as a woman ...?

Quote:

As for Pussy Riot, he seems to be just as brainwashed by official propaganda and by his "colleagues" as the majority of russians. I even think he would actually liked these girls if he knew them personally. The big problem is that people (not only in Russia I guess) tend to make offhanded and harsh judgments without checking the facts. Ironically, Marat himself used to be an object of such judgements.
I think I gave him too much credit as an independent thinker. And yeah, it struck me as well that, more likely as not, he'd get on with them if he knew them.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #103
country flag mer

Quote:
And as a woman ...?
it depends. Sometimes it's all just talk and in reality those guys are under woman's heel.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #104
country flag monkey247

Quote:
it depends. Sometimes it's all just talk and in reality those guys are under woman's heel.
I meant, for you, as a woman, not as a Russian, do you find Marat's attitude towards women at all sexist?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #105
country flag mer

Quote:
I meant, for you, as a woman, not as a Russian, do you find Marat's attitude towards women at all sexist?
I'm not sure what his real attitude is as I don't know him personally. His intws don't count. I don't think he or russian men in general are really sexist. They are just spoiled. Spoiled by women.