Political Discussion Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #136
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post

Oh, Inez, woman, no need to go ballistic over a simple discussion regarding Marat Safin, really!!!
little_masha This thread is intended for mature, reasoned discussion, not for picking fights with other posters by deliberately twisting their words, then throwing them back in their faces. The person seemingly going ballistic is you, starting with post #129, which is strewn with distorted logic, false assumptions, and obnoxious, juvenile rhetoric.

Misappropriating forum members’ ideas and responses, to serve your "argument", does not make it more credible, nor does it disguise the nature of your post as an incoherent, self-righteous, ad hominem rant.

Not everyone here aspires to that level of intellect, which finds expression in such phrases as "good looking & shit", "silly chicks", "silly attention seeking asses", "Pussy Whatever", "stupid women", "plain whores", "Oh, Inez, woman".

Instead of patronising other posters, you can make your point objectively, in thoughtfully wrought language that (1) honours the complexity of any issue under discussion and (2) respects the intelligence of the individuals posting here.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #137
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

BTW - anyone else thinking its rather interesting that Medvedev is apparently suggesting that the 2 imprisoned members of Pussy Riot be freed? he also made a statement prior, I think, to the appeal - that there should be leniency - at least that is what was reported here....so what is behind that....?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #138
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
BTW - anyone else thinking its rather interesting that Medvedev is apparently suggesting that the 2 imprisoned members of Pussy Riot be freed? he also made a statement prior, I think, to the appeal - that there should be leniency - at least that is what was reported here....so what is behind that....?
He probably speaks as a lawer who knows all too well that there was no crime committed. But of course it can't be that simple.
btw, ironically, he's not only PM but also ER party leader.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #139
country flag little_masha

little_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond repute

I firsty wanted to reply to both you, Mer and Inez, extensively, but in the end I guess it's useless.

Despise him for whatever you wish and see Pussy Riot as victims of tyrany. Your right, of course.

I strongly disagree and basta.

It's a waste of time discussing with people who are so sure they are right and who would not even try seeing things from another perspective. Now I'm talking to Inez, not to Mer.

You saw violation of human rights dismissed by a ferocious mysoginist and that's the way it's gonna stay 'till kingdom come, regardless of whatever other opinion anyone might suggest. I'm not PR to the Russia government. I'm just saying why I think the case was handled the way it was and why this doesn't seem unjustified to me. Again: TO ME. It's a personal opinion.

Also, Inez, nobody's putting words in your mouth, but you do over react in regards to a discussion on a forum! Chill out! What's with the irritated tone of your posts? Are you even serious?

Bottom line, given the turn discussions took on this forum and that (and I'm sorry to say it) I can't stand a smug self-righteouss attitude, regardless of how well intended the person might be, I am deffinitely out of this forum.

Have a nice time, ladies, enjoying Marat Safin for whatever reasons.

Except for his looks. The looks never mattered!

Good day!
little_masha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #140
country flag greeneyes7

greeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea why you directed your comment about humor to me, but whatever. As for humor--there are a lot of funny people out there--you included. You have said some pretty funny things. However, since you apparently can't take the heat and prefer to "get out of the kitchen" good luck.
greeneyes7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #141
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Pozor! March Against Scoundrels, Moscow, 13 January 2013. Via Twitter.

original
Old 01-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #142
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

...had to happen sooner or later...still feel a bit sad tho - doubt whoever is writing his twitter account will respond to the guy who posted this pic on "Marat's" time-line tho....
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #143
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily, he keeps low profile as MP, so very few knows his current occupation. Othervise he would be under serious attack now like other celebrities in Duma... No that it would bother him much anyway, but still I'm glad he's been under radar so far.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #144
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, some heated discussion here.
Well Marat has never wanted to be a huge media figure I'd say, and that is good so.
People can have different opinions about Pussy Riot, I respect that. That's what democracy is about IMO. I don't think it's all black&white.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #145
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
People can have different opinions about Pussy Riot, I respect that. That's what democracy is about IMO. I don't think it's all black&white.
that's right. It would be nice though if opinions were based on knowledge and facts and not on prejudice.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #146
country flag inez

Default Re: 2013 Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post
Today in the Duma with Bekhan Agayev. Via Newscom.

..Yeah, politics STINKS......and you can't wash it off in the laundry... :-(
(s0rry for repost of pic - can't work out how to do the post the link thingy......
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #147
country flag inez

How depressing....
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...e-2563674.html

....Marat, voting for this...how COULD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #148
country flag greeneyes7

greeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond reputegreeneyes7 has a reputation beyond repute

Inez: you and Monkey make my day. You are both so astute and forthcoming with your opinions. I love you both.
greeneyes7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #149
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
How depressing....
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...e-2563674.html

....Marat, voting for this...how COULD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(
There has been no voting yet.
Anyway, asking how could he vote for this or that has no point He's voting according to the orders from his party. Independent opinions are not allowed.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #150
country flag inez

Thanks for the compliment, greeneyes - I only wish I could feel more light-hearted about Marat these days....