Such a sweet gesture of Roger - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
country flag Warriorroger

Warriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Such a sweet gesture of Roger

A Belgian newspaper printed that David Giffin was so starstruck and in awe of Roger, that he didn't dare to talk him and look at him. Roger is his idol. The interview was so warm after the match. Roger was very sweet to David. He hugged him after the interview and ruffled his hair like a little brother.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Such a sweet gesture of Roger

Awww... Can you believe this Maestro? (seinfeld quote).

This Roger is BIG!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
country flag Warriorroger

Warriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorroger has a reputation beyond repute

was touching..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 528511-01-06_jpg_h600.jpg (97.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 03247800_jpg_h600.jpg (82.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SAA174_TENNIS-OPEN-_0603_11_jpg_h600.jpg (62.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 03319293_jpg_h600.jpg (103.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

that's sweet
Old 06-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

here is the vid

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/tenni...ederer_goffin#

I wish I were Goffin
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
country flag cutesteve22

cutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond repute

they look like lovely pair
cutesteve22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger was so great with that guy. Not only a big champion to win the so dangerous for him match but expetially a big heart man.
How he was emotioned and a little shyly embarrassed by the words of Goffin who was speaking holding back tears.
What a nice moment, so after it continued signing the cam with this funny moment of the pen

I must confess that this episode filled my heart and I melted.
I almost started to cry. All was so special. The emotiones of that guy in the best tennis day in his live ut to that moment and maybe in the next future. He deserves the top ATP rancking. Put together that happy Roger with all that light in his eyes and that smile more wonderful than ever...
At that moment I was so excited that I limited myself to take joy of the exchange of emotions on the court so I didn't think if I was in the place of Goffin but thinking after that I would be but I'm afraid I would die.

I was so happy for the rest of the day that I was thinking back about all that.

Ps. Sorry for the English but it was a little bit to paly well with the words to explain the sensatione I felt.

So so nice. If I think of it I can't do other tham smile as a fool.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Last edited by mlrf11 : 06-04-2012 at 05:30 PM.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I've jumped on the Goffin bandwaggon immediately after - or better said, DURING - the match!
What a delightful young player, what a lovely young guy, with a lovely game to match!

I so hope that he will be able to build his further career on this awesome run he's had as a lucky loser in RG - but as some posters pointed out in the match thread, he's the typical player that feeds well on opponents having an attacking game like himself. With the current courts homogenization in the 'slow' direction... we'll just have to wait to see how his further career will develop.

Be sure I'll be keeping an eye on Goffin in the near future!
Too bad it seems he's applied for a WC/entry at Queens. I'd so much like to see him compete in Halle!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your trip Karin!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

It was very difficult to me because I was siceraly enjoing the tennis level and the quality of winners Goffin was playng against Federer and how he moves on the court.
So of cource I wanted Federer to finish easly and I soffered much when he lost the 1st set but expetially while he couldn't break his fan in the 2ond he arrived 4-5 and 30-30 - too dangerous to lost the 2ond set. But a little part of me was admiring that young guy with so much fire in his eyes and excellent tennis.
Fortunately Roger know put the thinks in their place.

I don't know if this guy have played his best tennis ever - maybe more motivated by the oponent. The important is now he can express this level again enough constantly in the future and against the planty of middle level players. If he's able to do it he can grow-up and he should have the possibility to take an important part of the next tennis future.
It's too early to predict it. I hope he arrives ahead of players like Raonich (nice guy but I don't like his tennis) or Tomic (not bad tennis but I don't like the guy - incorrect on the court). Goffin is young and in 2 years he can do so much as he can lose himself during the way and take as his best memory the match we speak about.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

JesusFed

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote