Grigor on Grass: 2012 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #121
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor on Grass: 2012

3rd match on court 12 (TV court)
good luck, Grigor!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #122
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
That's fantastic news! Well done Grigor. I'll give a full report tomorrow but all his fans should be happy with the way he played. Im just back, lm sunburnt and i'm beat
I am very pleased with how he played yesterday, I was amazed at some of the shots he hit. I got 10x more excited watching that match than any others. That one backhand pass down the line

Me and chantelle from here randomly sat next to each other as well, which was pretty funny. We went to see him after the match and both got photos Great day overall
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #123
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

awww photos please or it didn't happen

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #124
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

After two days of great tennis i finally have a chance to post about the match. Court3 is a nice court but when you go to the unallocated seats, you cant leave! I got on the court at 10.30 and sat through a crap women's match that went to 3 sets and never seemed to end. I really wanted to go to the toilet after that but there was no way i was losing my seat as there was a big queue to get on court. I just had to hope Grigor won in 3 sets and there was no rain delay. Sadly i was wrong about both but i stayed strong lol.

Grigor got abig cheer when je came on court and apart from a few south africans, everyone was supporting him. His serve was awsome, especially the one out eide in the deuce court. He killed anderson with his backhand slice who was digging balls out of the dirt all day. He also handled anderson's big serve very well and i felt confident he would finf a way to break it. All the magic came from Grigor wjo hit some amazing passing shots and winners that had the crowd cheering. His topspin backhand was a little unreliable but when it worked, it did a fair amount of damage. The best thing thougj was the way Grigor handled the big points. Clutch tennis at its finest and a big change from earlier this year. He is like a different player and looks confident on court.

He reacyed well to losing the 3rd set and kept putting pressure on anderson's serve, finally breaking it. When he won the match, he got a great reception from the crowd and it is clear his profile has really been raised in Britain since Queens. When he starts winning big matches, he will be a huge star.

Im on a train to Scotland now and i should br home after 4pm. Hopefully i will get to see his match today. Marcus will be tough but Grigor cam win it and a match against Murray on CC would be incredible!. If anyone can record today/s match it would be great. Ibwill upload my .photos when i get achance.

I had an awesome time and if any of you get a chance to see Grigor live, take it! His game is absolutely stunning and live streams just dont do it justice.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #125
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

I just watch his practice and took short conversation with him,it seems he is nervous but I believe he will be great
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #126
country flag nadejda

oh I hope he does well beside the nervousness!
Fingresr crossed for him!

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #127
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

No way am i going to see any of this match. I should have been home by now but my damn train is stuck in the north of england because of floods. If anyone can record and upload the match, i would be eternally grateful.

@chantelle. Hope you are cheering for all of us. Wish i was there.

Good luck Grigor!
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #128
country flag benji47

benji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond repute

Playing poorly at the moment, needs to pick up.
benji47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #129
country flag nadejda

he isn't playing well at all
a lot of BH errors, poor movement, lack of focus, serve is gone too
hope he get's better with time

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 06-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #130
country flag benji47

benji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the reason why he hasn't cracked into the Top50 yet. Can't even play one and half good matches without a streak of sloppiness.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #131
country flag nadejda

and he is playing 5 meters behind the baseline!
Hold now, please!

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #132
country flag nadejda

oh god! :O

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #133
country flag nadejda

broken to love serving for the set, staying so far behind the baseline and being passive
unreal?!!?

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #134
country flag benji47

Lost 9 points in a row.

Baghdatis' not even playing that well.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #135
country flag nadejda

awful just awful...
I have no words! He cannot bring a first serve in, so flat, so sloppy?

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin