Grigor on Grass: 2012 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #151
country flag benji47

benji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor on Grass: 2012

Well at least the horror stopped.

Please Grigor, hire a good physio and bulk yourself up, ending two straight grand slams with health related issues is just unacceptable for a professional athlete.

Last edited by benji47 : 06-28-2012 at 05:28 PM.
benji47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #152
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what is the problem, it is not an injury, but looks like a fever or something
He looked like he will vomit any minute now and his head was shaking!
That is very bad, don't know if this a lack of fitness, but match just started, he shouldn't feel tired, yet his head wasn't there from the beginning, completely off hitting everything, some of the shanks went to the stands.
I don't like this Mouratoglu academy, though, he had never been so week before, just 4 sets 2 days ago shouldn't have to be a problem.
If this is just a flu that's a bad luck, but it might be something beneath that is bothering me a lot

Anyway get well soon and train harder and properly!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #153
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what's happenning to Dimitrov but the his GS adventures aren't normal .
AO - physical problem at the 2R
RG - cramps at the 2R
Wimb - Retirement at the 2R

And he's only 21 yo. What is he going to do at 27-28 years.
whith this steps I don't see him on the tour after 10 years.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #154
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know too, he was not having such problems last year, but this year that is very strange! Something's wrong with the way he trains, needs a better physio maybe!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #155
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what caused Grigor to retire? Has the Bulgarian media reported anything yet? If it was a bug or virus as seems to be the case, then it has nothing to do with his fitness. These kind of things can floor the strongest man so it would just be bad luck he caught something. All he can do is pick himself up and make an even bigger effort at the next tournament. It's a real shame because he played so well in his first round and should have beaten Marcus but at least the grasscourt season will be extended due to the Olympics so he can still take advantage of it.

I couldn't see any of the match because I had the train journey from hell that just got worse and worse. There was flooding all over the north of England which caused a landslide in front of our train. We then tried to go back but another landslide then occurred behind our train which left us stranded. We were stuck for 3 hours while they cleared the track, then they took us back and put us on another train which took the long route up to Scotland. That would have been bad enough but that train then caught fire in the middle of nowhere and we had to be evacuated and everyone crammed into the back carriages. I spent 15 hours on a train for a journey that should have taken 5 hours and got home at 4am. What a night!

It was still worth it for my 2 days at Wimbledon and getting to see Grigor play live.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #156
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Does anyone know what caused Grigor to retire? Has the Bulgarian media reported anything yet? If it was a bug or virus as seems to be the case, then it has nothing to do with his fitness. These kind of things can floor the strongest man so it would just be bad luck he caught something. All he can do is pick himself up and make an even bigger effort at the next tournament. It's a real shame because he played so well in his first round and should have beaten Marcus but at least the grasscourt season will be extended due to the Olympics so he can still take advantage of it.

I couldn't see any of the match because I had the train journey from hell that just got worse and worse. There was flooding all over the north of England which caused a landslide in front of our train. We then tried to go back but another landslide then occurred behind our train which left us stranded. We were stuck for 3 hours while they cleared the track, then they took us back and put us on another train which took the long route up to Scotland. That would have been bad enough but that train then caught fire in the middle of nowhere and we had to be evacuated and everyone crammed into the back carriages. I spent 15 hours on a train for a journey that should have taken 5 hours and got home at 4am. What a night!

It was still worth it for my 2 days at Wimbledon and getting to see Grigor play live.
Which row were you sitting for the anderson match?
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #157
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post

Very bad luck wrt train incident mate

Saw here that Grigor has a flu http://www.novinite.com/view_news.ph...medium=twitter

How did you get a flu in two day!!!!

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #158
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post

Saw here that Grigor has a flu http://www.novinite.com/view_news.ph...medium=twitter

I saw him blew his nose on Monday's practice, but he did really well on Tuesday so I thought that was nothing.
He sounded normal on Wednesday when he went to practice(it rained when he practice, drizzle so no one stop practicing) and also the practice on Thursday morning.
It should be rainy on Thursday(according to the forecast) but a sunshine and windy afternoon that day(I sat there from Batoli's match which made me a little sunburned....) It's weird that the seat manager asked all Grigor's team to sit on the other site which is totally under the sunshine(because it didn't happen in Batoli's match, both players' team sat behind the side the players sat) I'm really surprised when Grigor decided to retire but all his team were really tranquil(perhaps they had driven crazy by the sun.) I asked him about his condition when he walked away from the court he said he's ok(So sorry I can't tell him "if you're ok WTF to retire" coz I'm LADY) but he's not willing to talk more. That's all unusual things I thought on Thursday.

Last edited by chantelle : 06-29-2012 at 11:38 PM.
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #159
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Saw on twitter that he went practicing there at Wimbledon on Friday so he should be fine. Good decision to retire though I can see how pale he was from the stream before he called the doctor. He'd better be healthy for the Olympic. The boy had enough bad luck/health issue already.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #160
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
Which row were you sitting for the anderson match?
Hi Piggy. I was actually behind the baseline, not the service line as I said in an earlier post (I was pretty tired when I wrote that). I was just below the TV cameras with some Bulgarians. It was a perfect seat and there was no way I was leaving it until the end of Grigor's match. I'm glad a few of us got to watch him play and cheer him on.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #161
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post

A flu bug can come from nowhere and wipe out the strongest man. It's bad enough for a normal person but when you are a top-level athlete, running around a court and facing 120+mph serves, it's going to have a massive effect on you. It's unfortunate he had to retire but it's not a reflection on him as a player or a person that he did so, it's just bad luck. Anyone who watched the Anderson match would see how committed and mentally strong he was so he wouldn't have made this decision unless it was absolutely necessary.

Like everyone else on here, I'm disappointed this happened, especially as he was playing so well at Queens and in R1 but we just have to look forward to the Olympics. I really hope he sees this as an opportunity missed and goes into that tournament extra motivated to play his best tennis and do well.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #162
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji47 View Post
you mean do YOU a favor?

Uh let me think about it... NO.

Quote:
He will never get the respect he deserves if he can't even play two straight good matches.

I'm done watching, he's gonna lose, and he's heading to be another wasted talent. Just look at that uninspired face, he doesn't even realize he's been letting people down.
Quote:
I bet you can find his name in the dictionary right under the word "useless".
I realise you're just a whiny teenager but that shouldn't stop you being embarrassed by these posts.

Apart from the fact this was an illness he had no control of, even if he did play badly, he's not letting anyone down. He's not playing for you or anyone else on here, only himself. As fans we can admire his talent, work ethic or character but at the end of the day, he doesn't owe anyone anything. If you are not happy with the work he puts in, go find someone else to support but childish remarks like,"you can find his name in the dictionary right under the word useless" should be posted on the main forum, not here.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #163
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
I am very pleased with how he played yesterday, I was amazed at some of the shots he hit. I got 10x more excited watching that match than any others. That one backhand pass down the line

Me and chantelle from here randomly sat next to each other as well, which was pretty funny. We went to see him after the match and both got photos Great day overall
Sorry I missed you guys. Did you run off the court and catch him as he was leaving? I would have liked to have done that but my main priority after the match was finding a toilet lol.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #164
country flag ClaudiaBUK

ClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond repute

he was in serena williams' camp on centre yesterday :P

MURRAY - FEDERER - WARD - EVANS - WAWRINKA - DEL POTRO
ClaudiaBUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #165
country flag Hypnotize

I wonder what the deal is with Serena? We assumed the girl he kissed at Queens was his girlfriend but maybe it was just a friend. Whatever the relationship with Serena, I think it's good for Grigor. Serena is about as mentally tough as they come and he certainly showed improvements in that area at Queens and R1 of Wimbledon.

He's on the entry list for Bastad on 09/07/12. He's 9th on the seeding list and if Monfils withdraws, he will go up to 8th. It should be a good chance to get some points and match practice before the Olympics even though it's a clay court event. The only grass event that week is Newport which is THE WORST tournament on the the tour and the crappy courts there would only mess up his game. He never looked like he wanted to be there last year.