~*The Cosy Café: Season 5 *~ - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #391
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*Litita's & Ted's Cosy Café : Season 5 *~

Haase..... MAJOR dislike! Except when he plays Djokovic........ Arrogant thing he is *insert puke smiley* (of course it doesnt help he plays Delpo....but whoever he plays...he needs to go )
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #392
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Franko

btw, how is you feeling today Teddles?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #393
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
I know right? but Im just scared to unplug this one and put the other one in...... I know Im really when it comes to these things...so I might end up with NO internet
I know EXACTLY how you feel - it never goes smoothly! good luck!

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #394
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

They gave me something that makes me sleepy. I'm still a bit dizzy, but I'm OK. Waiting for Friday's CT scan. Then we'll know more.
I slept until 10 am. Then I slept from 11:45 to 12:30 pm. Then I slept from 1:30 to 4:00 I think.
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #395
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #396

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #397

We *are* expecting a full report from Chris's day at SW19, aren't we?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #398
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Are we?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #399

Yes, we are
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #400
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I was interviewed by a tennis blogger by email so this will suffice:

What were you doing when you saw Benesova's tweet offering tickets?

Well it was about 10.30am so I was just getting a few bits and pieces done before the tennis started, expecting to be at home watching, and was keeping an eye on my twitter feed. I've followed her for a while and just saw her tweet come down as I was chatting away.

Did you think she was being serious?

I assumed she was serious because it would have been a weird sort of joke for a player to pull. I did think it was very unexpected - don't recall seeing anything like that before.

Were you a fan of Benesova's before this?

Wouldn't have called myself a huge fan *grin* (I mean, I *was* cheering for Heather the previous night in their match on Centre) but when she tweeted about her lack of love for grass, and then got defensive when some people attacked her for it, I did support her by telling her to be herself and let the haters take a walk. I did watch her win the mixed with Jürgen last year and that was nice to see - and they are so cute together on twitter.

How far from Wimbledon do you live? Was it tough to change your plans right away?

I'm pretty close - it's about 3 miles to the south west of me so getting there isn't that difficult - the challenge was getting ready to go and getting there as quickly as possible to make the pick-up of the tickets. I had to scramble!

How did the pick up of the tickets work? Did you actually get to talk to Benesova?

She tweeted us to meet her at gate 14 at 12.30pm where she would give us the tickets. So yes, she came and met us right on time, gave us the tickets. She told us all the ground pass player guest tickets were gone so she's gotten us Centre Court tickets. As you can imagine, we were quite ecstatic. We had a brief chat - asked her how she was today after her disappointment the night before, if she was playing doubles and mixed, etc. She was very sweet and friendly, posed for a couple of pics and then took her leave and left us to enjoy the day.

What was your day like when you got there? Were the seats good? What was your favorite part of the experience?

It was brilliant. The seats were very good - just behind the player's box on centre is a section of seats for player guests. They're not guaranteed seats so if you leave you might have to wait to get back in, but the view was excellent and it was very special to see Petra's opening match and then Andy later on. We ducked out during Rafa's match and then it was a bit of a wait to get back in so we didn't see any of that. It was just wonderful to be back there - the place really does have an aura for tennis fans, I think, and being there, watching it unfold is always special, but to get there under these circumstances was incredible.

How did this experience change your feelings about twitter and/or Benesova?

Well I'll definitely be supporting her more in future :-) It was just such a nice gesture, and unnecessary, you know? A random act of kindness that I will never forget. And she seemed like a lovely person when we met - just not a big fan of the green stuff! As for twitter - I'm a big fan of how useful it is to connect with people and the opportunities it affords for people to interact and challenge each other and great things can come of that - meeting people, making friends, getting your voice out there. This gift from Iveta is just a nice example of something that would have been well-nigh impossible to do even a few years ago without a medium like, and I very much appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #401
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

In beating Davydenko, Andy also put on a masterclass that was really fun to watch
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #402
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

how wonderful of Benesova to give you the tickets! Do you know why she offered tickets?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #403
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Not a clue! Maybe she had some guests who couldn't make it. Maybe she just woke up and thought it would be fun.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #404
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

doesnt matter you got in, and CC!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I was interviewed by a tennis blogger by email so this will suffice:

What were you doing when you saw Benesova's tweet offering tickets?

Well it was about 10.30am so I was just getting a few bits and pieces done before the tennis started, expecting to be at home watching, and was keeping an eye on my twitter feed. I've followed her for a while and just saw her tweet come down as I was chatting away.

Did you think she was being serious?

I assumed she was serious because it would have been a weird sort of joke for a player to pull. I did think it was very unexpected - don't recall seeing anything like that before.

Were you a fan of Benesova's before this?

Wouldn't have called myself a huge fan *grin* (I mean, I *was* cheering for Heather the previous night in their match on Centre) but when she tweeted about her lack of love for grass, and then got defensive when some people attacked her for it, I did support her by telling her to be herself and let the haters take a walk. I did watch her win the mixed with Jürgen last year and that was nice to see - and they are so cute together on twitter.

How far from Wimbledon do you live? Was it tough to change your plans right away?

I'm pretty close - it's about 3 miles to the south west of me so getting there isn't that difficult - the challenge was getting ready to go and getting there as quickly as possible to make the pick-up of the tickets. I had to scramble!

How did the pick up of the tickets work? Did you actually get to talk to Benesova?

She tweeted us to meet her at gate 14 at 12.30pm where she would give us the tickets. So yes, she came and met us right on time, gave us the tickets. She told us all the ground pass player guest tickets were gone so she's gotten us Centre Court tickets. As you can imagine, we were quite ecstatic. We had a brief chat - asked her how she was today after her disappointment the night before, if she was playing doubles and mixed, etc. She was very sweet and friendly, posed for a couple of pics and then took her leave and left us to enjoy the day.

What was your day like when you got there? Were the seats good? What was your favorite part of the experience?

It was brilliant. The seats were very good - just behind the player's box on centre is a section of seats for player guests. They're not guaranteed seats so if you leave you might have to wait to get back in, but the view was excellent and it was very special to see Petra's opening match and then Andy later on. We ducked out during Rafa's match and then it was a bit of a wait to get back in so we didn't see any of that. It was just wonderful to be back there - the place really does have an aura for tennis fans, I think, and being there, watching it unfold is always special, but to get there under these circumstances was incredible.

How did this experience change your feelings about twitter and/or Benesova?

Well I'll definitely be supporting her more in future :-) It was just such a nice gesture, and unnecessary, you know? A random act of kindness that I will never forget. And she seemed like a lovely person when we met - just not a big fan of the green stuff! As for twitter - I'm a big fan of how useful it is to connect with people and the opportunities it affords for people to interact and challenge each other and great things can come of that - meeting people, making friends, getting your voice out there. This gift from Iveta is just a nice example of something that would have been well-nigh impossible to do even a few years ago without a medium like, and I very much appreciate it.
I know you could be bribed next time I'll want something from you, I'll send a check
Closed Thread