Myth of Djoker's invulnerable BH - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #31
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Myth of Djoker's invulnerable BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
true but murray still has a better (backhand) slice than djokovic.

overall, given murray's variety in that wing, his backhand > djokovic's backhand.
Yep,that's why Nole 5 slams,Mugray big ZERO.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #32
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Nole's backhand should retire for his fans

Nadal said this last year already, when the whole world suggested he should stop going to his backhand. But Rafa said he just needed to get it deep and with plenty of topspin, and then even Nole would break down.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #33
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

I once asked for a refund - my Center court day pass because I spend 4 hours of it watching Nadull roll around piggystyle on court struggling to best some mug. Didn't get it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #34
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic's backhand will fall.
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #35
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it was Nadal's defense that overwhelmed Djokovic. It had nothing got to do with the backhand. Djokovic is also human, of course he sometimes hit short balls when faced with opponent's dominant shot.

With that said Djokovic's backhand and game is not without weakness, but only player i've ever seen to truly expose it was Marat Safin.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #36
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehander View Post
I believe it was Nadal's defense that overwhelmed Djokovic. It had nothing got to do with the backhand. Djokovic is also human, of course he sometimes hit short balls when faced with opponent's dominant shot.

With that said Djokovic's backhand and game is not without weakness, but only player i've ever seen to truly expose it was Marat Safin.
Nothing overwhelmed Djokovic. He just played crap - as he did against Nadal in MC, Murray in Miami (he may have won, but it was the worst major final for god knows how long.), Isner in IW, Murray in Dubai and even in the semis and final of AO where he only got through with his will and mental strength.

Even forgetting the ridiculous standards he set last year, Novak hasn't played well at all this year. His backhand has definitely been missing, in complete contrast to '11 when he was literally jumping into the air and crushing Nadal every time he tried to do his usual heavy topspin to backhand thing.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #37
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
Nothing overwhelmed Djokovic. He just played crap - as he did against Nadal in MC, Murray in Miami (he may have won, but it was the worst major final for god knows how long.), Isner in IW, Murray in Dubai and even in the semis and final of AO where he only got through with his will and mental strength.

Even forgetting the ridiculous standards he set last year, Novak hasn't played well at all this year. His backhand has definitely been missing, in complete contrast to '11 when he was literally jumping into the air and crushing Nadal every time he tried to do his usual heavy topspin to backhand thing.
I should add that he did play very bad compared to last year. He wasn't patient in his points and was clearly uncomfortable with long rally exchanges. You shouldn't however neglect that Nadal's movement was better than last year's.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

It's obviously going to be less effective against Nadal's forehand on clay.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Yep,that's why Nole 5 slams,Mugray big ZERO.
no, Murrays forehand is just far worse
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #40
country flag sidneythagovou

sidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond repute

To me david nalbandian has to best backhand shot in the game, but novak is surely a close second.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #41
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's forehand is actually just too good for basically anyone's BH on clay, hence his record on the surface. Rafa will always back himself to break down his opponents' BH, and he does it 98% of the time so obviously, it's a winning strategy and regardless of the fact players know what they need to do to beat Nadal on clay, it's simply extremely difficult to accomplish. So it has more to do with that than Nole's BH being less-good-than-advertised.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #42
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian's BH isn't as good as Nole's in that he definitely drops more BH's short. Djokovic rarely drops BH's short unless he's being too passive overall. Nalbandian's BH is a better attacking shot, though.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #43
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
no, Murrays forehand is just far worse
worse BH too,worse movement,stamina,mental strength,worse second serve,power ect.....
Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #44
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

No myth, he has the best backhand and can even outplay Nadals FH with it at his best. Proved that a lot of times.
zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlaja777 View Post
No myth, he has the best backhand and can even outplay Nadals FH with it at his best. Proved that a lot of times.
And got outplayed even more times as well in fact with Nadal at his best. Works both ways otherwise it wouldn't be 18-14 Nadal's favor.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote