ROLAND GARROS 2012: Smart Roger bows out to prepare for a REAL BATTLE for Gold!!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ROLAND GARROS 2012: The Quest for lost Treasure

The draw has been released. As expected by most, its Fed-Djoko/ Nadal-Murray potential semis.

Roger's potential opponents:

R128: Tobias Kamke
R64: David Nalbandian/ Adrian Ungur
R32: Andy Roddick/Nicholas Mahut
R16: Radek Stepanek/ Feliciano Lopez
QF: Tomas Berdych/ Juan Martin Delpotro
SF: Novak Djokovic/ Jo Wilfried Tsonga
F: Rafael Nadal/ Andy Murray/ David Ferrer

Roger's draw is one from hell. NID that he gets Berdych/Delpotro while Nadal gets Tipseravic, Murray gets Ferrer and Djokovic gets Tsonga.
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mistique. (a good choice for your avatar )
Here you are a pic of the full draw:
I wanted Murray at the semi but now it's unuseless think about that and important is arriving to the SF.
This means as well for Novak and Rafa.. so... the quater of our man is not easy but he playes better the most important matches when he has a difficult drow.

17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck fuck fuck... hard draw -.-
But the last two times he got such draws he won the tournament

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
country flag Bigselber

Bigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond repute

I've had it with Nadals easy draws Berdych/Del Potro - Djokovic - Nadal is almost an impossible task
Bigselber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Man that draw...

The outcome will be N.I.D., unless Sderling's spirit somehow suddenly takes over Murray's. I can't really see that happening to be honest.

Let's hope the stars will align for Rog at Wimbledon. This RG is a gonna.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #21
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

You mean a goner? It's gonah if you're saying it like that

Although RG as a gonna is gonna win!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
country flag mlrf11

mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

It's too early to know it now.
Maybe some of his dangerouse oponents lose before.
Maybe he has to play a difficult match against an easy oponent and aafter find some hard to beat but for many reason he does it easly and finds no nole/rafa after. And Roger has first to arrive to the SF.. so...
In two week can happen so many things.
We have to be positive and wait... After what happenes happenes.
For Roger is easier because he's not the favorite and this has to put him not many pressure now although he has the points of the final to defend.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #23
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's not THAT bad.

I don't like seeing Nalbandian (who was rather fit than fat in recent times) in round 2, but round 1, R32 and R16 are good (although Klizan in R32 has had a very good clay season in challengers : 3 wins and one final, and he's a young promising lefthander).

Berdych/Del Potro in QF is of course tough ... but at least it should be less tough physically than a Ferrer or Simon.

At least I think it should not be that tiring for the following
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reps and kind comments!

Am I any happier that our Fearless Voyager is more likely to face the Sauron from Serbia instead of the prehistoric Clay Monster? Either ways the real story begins at the semis, though there might be a four setter in store in the QF. All the rest from Kamke to Lopez, he can even handle in his Wogie/Twinfatherer Avatar.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

In his press conference Fed was cheerful with a big smile and said that he felt "really well", the days after Roma SF were good for him.

He said that they had changed the balls again (it's still Babolat balls but I had read they had changed them to be a little bit slower if I remember) and it's a little bit tricky because it's not the same balls as during the previous clay season (same as last year),

but overall it's OK

The picture is good : look at the t-shirt

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...e-nadal/286521
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

I love the name of this thread! And the introduction ...wow! RTD, you write so well...
let's hope Roger goes far into the tournament!!

Luna Jade (since we have another Luna...I'll go by Luna Jade from now on..

PS. I voted for the black socks because I like them on Roger~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~hate them on most people.

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
The draw has been released. As expected by most, its Fed-Djoko/ Nadal-Murray potential semis.

Roger's potential opponents:

R128: Tobias Kamke
R64: David Nalbandian/ Adrian Ungur
R32: Andy Roddick/Nicholas Mahut
R16: Radek Stepanek/ Feliciano Lopez
QF: Tomas Berdych/ Juan Martin Delpotro
SF: Novak Djokovic/ Jo Wilfried Tsonga
F: Rafael Nadal/ Andy Murray/ David Ferrer

Roger's draw is one from hell. NID that he gets Berdych/Delpotro while Nadal gets Tipseravic, Murray gets Ferrer and Djokovic gets Tsonga.
Just . I knew he gonna get Berdych, who always saves his best tennis for Roger
damn draw
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
country flag mlrf11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo View Post
I love the name of this thread! And the introduction ...wow! RTD, you write so well...
let's hope Roger goes far into the tournament!!

Luna Jade (since we have another Luna...I'll go by Luna Jade from now on..

PS. I voted for the black socks because I like them on Roger~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~hate them on most people.
I don't unlike the idea he weares them both. It's cool and original and a BIG as Rogaer can do anything!
I liked too much the black sockets st the USO 2011 with the little white line.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 05-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #29
country flag duong

his interview in English :

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...955183322.html

Quote:
Q. You won Roland Garros 2009 and made final two other times losing to Nadal. Again you are a great favorite for a title. What would this title represent for you in your career, and what the tournament has to be special and unique for you?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I've really loved this tournament for the last years now. I struggled early on a bit because I had up and down results. It was a tough tournament for me from the start, whereas Wimbledon and New York in particular all felt very comfortable from the start.

So this is, though, the place where I got my first wildcard into a Grand Slam back in '99. I lost to Pat Rafter on Suzanne Lenglen, so I have great memories from back in the day, too.

Obviously 2009 was very, very special winning here. Just the emotions were, you know, ridiculous, and I got amazing crowd support. Same again basically last year, which was so nice to see.

Winning Paris‑Bercy, even though it's not that much to do with Roland Garros, it was also very, very special for those that were there. It was a similar atmosphere over there than what I had at Roland Garros, so I figure I have, you know, lived some special moments here in this town and in this place.

I'm looking forward to it again this year. It would mean a lot to me, because I have had some of those great emotions I was just telling you about. To relive those would be amazing winning the title here, no doubt.

Q. They say best‑of‑five matches are to the advantage of very good players because it gives them more time.

ROGER FEDERER: I agree.

Q. How do you feel physically before the start of this tournament, and what were your feelings on the center court?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, court is amazing here. It's always in great shape. Groundsmen do a good job and we benefit from that. Of course there are some bad bounces. That's clay court, and that's what we like about it. It slides perfectly, so it's a nice court to play on.

I have played on Chatrier and Lenglen the last few days. Everything feels normal. Obviously it's a change of ball again from previous years and from the previous weeks, which makes it just a bit more complicated.

We have tried to solve the issue and have the same ball for the entire clay court season, but the French Open decided to change the balls again once we changed the balls in Rome and Madrid.

So that was tricky, but physically I'm fine. I feel really good. Much less problems than I had through Madrid and Rome. I took three days off after the Djokovic match from Rome and just came here and relaxed and started practicing Wednesday.

So I feel right there where I want to be a few days before the event.

Q. You've come close to winning four consecutive Grand Slam titles, an accomplishment that Djokovic now has a chance to do if he can win here. How significant in the history of tennis and maybe all sports would an accomplishment like that be? What do you consider the toughest part to try and do that?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, it's an amazing achievement in itself to win three in a row. Four in a row is just another amazing step. I think the toughest part is the very end, the back end of it I think. I've been there twice I think. I was twice in the finals, twice a couple sets away.

Okay, I mean, I was playing Rafa here, which doesn't make it a whole lot easier. But, you know, it's easier to maybe start with the French in this era and then finishing it on the hard court.

But it's amazing for tennis right now that we have Novak in this situation again where we had Rafa at the Australian Open last year, I think it was, and before that I had the chance a few times.

So I think it's great for the sport. It will be interesting to follow Novak going for that. But the hard part is, you know, I mean, same for everyone. Every point you play, every game you play, the pressure you face, and just answering the questions time and time again, you know.

It's fun because you're talking about the highest of accomplishments. But at the end of the day, you just like to play the matches and not talk about it that much.

Q. At one point last year you sounded like you were thinking of cutting back on your schedule, but you've actually increased it this year. When and why did you decide to do that?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I've always wanted to play more of the sort of indoor matches through ‑‑ in Europe in February. I've tried to play Rotterdam for numerous years now. This year was the time to do it. I felt like I could, you know, put it in my schedule.

Obviously I haven't played Rotterdam that often in the past because I sort of had a residence in Dubai eventually, so that made sense for me traveling‑wise, family, all that stuff together.

So this year I said, Look, I'd like to play some more, because in the past it's been tricky going through Indian Wells and Miami. If you don't play from Australia to Indian Wells and you don't play well at Indian Wells and Miami, you go through three months you don't play tennis.

You're being judged on that, which is not fair, first of all. Secondly, it's not good for me coming into the clay court season. Then thirdly, I might pay the price at the French and Wimbledon all the way through to the US Open potentially.

So I just said I want to have enough matches, and I can always cut back. I left my schedule completely open.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #30
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote